World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Although the covenants are neat in their own way, they could have used that time to develop content thats for everyone. Then on top of that you have covenant specific quests and areas that are tied up in each covenants anima conductor. But even after that, as @Kaige said, there are still areas that are completely devoid of any purpose. World Quests are even sparingly used in those areas, it just doesnt make a lot of sense to me from a development point of view. We could go on to say "future patches" but that is rarely the case.

Outside of that, the feel of not wanting to group with this person or that person was extremely strong this expansion. Not because I didnt like them, but because if they werent at a certain level of skill, knowledge or gear then there isnt really anything that I can do with them to where I feel like Im getting something out of it too. In the past, I would at least drag people through dungeons in order to gear them up so we could eventually do stuff that I would benefit from. But this expansion, drop rates are so low that its just not worth the time in respect to how slowly they would get gear. WoW Retail has gone a long ways towards separating casuals, average players, and mythic raid players and I doubt they'll ever lessen that gap.
I think you nailed down an even bigger subject I have been talking about for a while with the I guess difficulty of content as the best way to express it. You don't want an MMORPG a game that is meant in nature to be a social construct to push away players. There are plenty of times that people are forced to choose between playing with their friends and progress. This can be ok to a degree but the level of gap as you put it that is in the current game due to a combination of knowledge, player skill, gear, and addon's weakauras is so vast that in many cases people do not want to play with friends or guildmates because the progress is cut off and they get nothing of value for the time spent.

This is where elite shitsniffers like Ion who gobble Method/Limit cock ruin the whole fucking game. The arms race bullshit to make the most annoying jackass faggot content with design to slow down power gamers from consuming too quickly ruins the experience of everyone who isn't a complete sweaty neckbeard faggot spending 80 hours a week online.

MMORPG's are meant to be social, it's good to have challenging/difficult content to a degree once it goes beyond to the point where you have to tell Sandso_01 - "Sorry pal I know you show up every night, have a good attitude, fun to be around, but you can only pull X,Y,Z dps or even worse sorry Sandso_01- The class/spec you choose to play sucks massive horse cock you are going to have to fuck off because you didn't FOTM it" is why this game can't sustain players.

The best way to gear up and make progression in Shadowlands is PvP, while it's nice that vendors made a return and I hope they keep them this should never be the optimal way to gear in this game. Kotick needs to fire this faggots, I bet a retarded chimp could do better at this point.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's really chickenhead cut off design is when they completely gutted venthyr and necrolord for most classes by September, and then never looked at it again.

Even when they're aware of a problem, they lack the resources to fix it. See the 3% havoc patchnote for example.

Awareness hasn't been cutting it at Blizzard, and it's time for Ion to go. His team are bankrupt and the August to September prepatch fiasco was where I should have smelled SL coming but I gave it a shot. Like others, I had more fun in BFA for whatever reason.

Late Spring 2021 for a talent/ loot mechanics pass? unsub till 9.1 then.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What's really chickenhead cut off design is when they completely gutted venthyr and necrolord for most classes by September, and then never looked at it again.

Even when they're aware of a problem, they lack the resources to fix it. See the 3% havoc patchnote for example.

Awareness hasn't been cutting it at Blizzard, and it's time for Ion to go. His team are bankrupt and the August to September prepatch fiasco was where I should have smelled SL coming but I gave it a shot. Like others, I had more fun in BFA for whatever reason.

Late Spring 2021 for a talent/ loot mechanics pass? Safe to unsub till 9.1 then.

Ion Faggot Dicksucker Hazzikostas: Lessons were learned
Josh Allen: I eat my own shit

WoWQnA.jpg

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
This expansion has some of the worst writing and dialogue I've ever seen.

It jumped the shark when they put Pandas and Chinese everything into the game. I totally tuned it out after that, and thought I'd take a look during Legion. The first thing I paid attention to what someone going on and on about the chosen one, and I knew it was time to tune it out again.

I never did find out what happened after what's her name burned down that tree with elves in it.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if they force you to have your office look like a company worshiping shrine if you work for them.

• 1Truth!

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Coming back as a new player, I made a few mistakes. Did a lot of dungeon runs, and for some reason didn't get even one piece of gear. Not even something I couldn't use, I thought I was bugged as everyone around me was getting stuff. So of course I was behind the iLevel curve. I think I had a 100% decline rate for even the quickest world event LFGs lol.

But I went the PvP route, and now just I'm just under 200 after 2 weeks. But I forgot how easy you get blown up in PvP until you play the gear up game. Plus I'm apparently dragging down our 3v3 rating, as DHs are the lowest represented classes in arena for a reason.

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Do me a favor and look through all your old EQ buddies that played in Uber guilds. I'm wondering how many currently work / worked for WoW at some point.

At this point I know of a couple people who I played EQ with in the OG release that now work / worked for Blizzard in "Major" ways.

Vova -- Science of War guild lead

Cuppycake -- Science of War member

Not to mention that we know that WoW players are working for WoW taking their retarded game design decisions into WoW.

We also know that people from Everquest / Darkpaw are at Blizzard now with Holly Longsdale moving to Blizzard.

I'm just wondering if all the people that made the game decent are now gone..

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'm just wondering if all the people that made the game decent are now gone..

The people who 'made the game decent' aren't likely public facing figures and you won't ever see or know their names. Any developer operating in a public capacity at a company of this size is very far up the corporate ladder and has power that prevents them from being unseated, as well as a strong foothold in the position they're in. The grunt workers that spent their 9-5 making content aren't going to be the same ones making business decisions based on analytics or posting on the forums on a daily basis. Ion is a scapegoat for those working under him, same with Josh Allen.

When the team fails, leadership fails, and so on and so forth. It's pretty standard across the entire industry to own up mistakes as a producer, and take the public ire as a result of their team's collective failings. If there is a designer working there that actually made the design and followed through on it, there's probably an Ion or Josh type that signed off on the change, and it wasn't just because 'the designer thought it was a good idea', it's that 'the designer thought it would be profitable for the company based on user engagement / monetization'. I don't think their COO really cares if Venthyr or Necrolord are top tier... they care if there is a steady revenue stream coming in.

Worst part is, more often than not, people will stay subbed in hopes things get better with the next patch and nothing will change as there's no reason for them to change course on design direction.

BFA was proof of that, really - they took what they learned in BFA and doubled down on the most profitable elements - cash shop cosmetics, 6-month sub items, and systems designed for convenience like WoW tokens, server transfers, and faction/race changes. They removed the unwanted elements that they felt strongly were affecting subscription numbers - titanforging / warforging RNG, PVP/PVE scaling, and a convoluted FTUX experience.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't be surprised if a LOT of the talent left at Blizzard in any real capacity move from Blizzard over to Moonshot games or Secret Door under Morhaime.

Just a hunch - they are! :p

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Coming back as a new player, I made a few mistakes. Did a lot of dungeon runs, and for some reason didn't get even one piece of gear. Not even something I couldn't use, I thought I was bugged as everyone around me was getting stuff. So of course I was behind the iLevel curve. I think I had a 100% decline rate for even the quickest world event LFGs lol.

But I went the PvP route, and now just I'm just under 200 after 2 weeks. But I forgot how easy you get blown up in PvP until you play the gear up game. Plus I'm apparently dragging down our 3v3 rating, as DHs are the lowest represented classes in arena for a reason.
DHs are fucking fine in pvp once you have gear and the legendary that summons the tank DH when you eyebeam.

Plus, once you get enough pvp gear to get to 25% versa, you can basically always get an RBG group as a flag carrier as Vengeance spec. Especially if you're nightfae. A billion hps and fast as fuck/escape anything as a blinkfox?

Fucker

Log Wizard
I wouldn't be surprised if a LOT of the talent left at Blizzard in any real capacity move from Blizzard over to Moonshot games or Secret Door under Morhaime.

Just a hunch - they are! :p
All the talent bailed. This was clear looking at the difference in quality between Legion and BFA. The talent bailed and were replaced with people who have no business designing games; the direct result of that is SL. BFA was a shit bazooka, but compared to SL, it is a crowning achievement. Some things were fun in BFA. In SL, nothing is fun. It doesn't have a single redeeming feature.

I said it before, and I said it again, the only thing that saved Blizzard's bacon was the release of Classic. Without that, WoW would have a small population of spergs and people who forgot to cancel their auto renewing subs.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Lots of nerfs to mythic dungeons this week. Some of the shit was just overturned. This one really caught my eye. Hopefully this will calm down the kiting meta and give other tank classes chances at keys just other than vengeance demon hunter and brewmaster tanks.

9EC64469-EF28-4AB5-991F-A65E74CF4049.jpeg

• 2Worf

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
What rating qualifies as a legitimate answer to this question?

1600+? Hahah. I'm finding its hard to gain mmr this season. Shitloads of boosts going on, as its really one of the best / fastest ways to gear up.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Lots of nerfs to mythic dungeons this week. Some of the shit was just overturned. This one really caught my eye. Hopefully this will calm down the kiting meta and give other tank classes chances at keys just other than vengeance demon hunter and brewmaster tanks.

View attachment 332533

Well at least they're realizing this shit somewhat 'early' in the life cycle of the expansion. That is a good thing, but also something that should have been caught during testing.