World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the instance servers took a huge shit on Sargeras, not sure if it happened to everyone else?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, they pushed up rolling restarts...was just in a Torghast run on floor 5 and got kicked. Recruited my last Torghast companion on that run, too. Hope I don't have to redo that, at least. Annoying if I have to do multiple runs to find him again.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So looks like a leak happened about the 9.1 patch and as I expected it looks like we will be invading the maw.

The traitorous Sire Denathrius has been defeated . . . but the power of the Maw still grows. In Chains of Domination™, the upcoming first major content update for World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands, players will delve into new depths of the Jailer’s hopeless domain, seeking to understand the true nature of his malignant plans. Backed by the renewed might of the four Covenants, the champions of the Horde and the Alliance will take the fight for the Shadowlands to the seat of the Jailer’s power. But the Banished One has a terrible new champion in his service—a cruel instrument of despair conscripted by Sylvanas Windrunner, capable of instilling dread into the hearts of Azeroth’s heroes like no creature of the Shadowlands.

• Discover the Mysteries of Korthia - The Jailer is searching for the key to fulfill his twisted designs—and he has pulled a fragment of a long-lost domain into the Maw itself to find it. Seek answers in ancient Korthia, the City of Secrets, and engage in new quests and outdoor activities.
  • The Covenants Strike Back - With the strength of the kyrian, night fae, necrolords, and venthyr restored, embark on a campaign to unite the four covenants—and together, launch an assault against the Jailer in his home territory.
  • Raid the Sanctum of Domination - Brave treacherous, unexplored reaches of Torghast in a new 10-boss raid: the Sanctum of Domination. Encounter the true Eye of the Jailer, turn the tide against the Tarragrue, and come face-to-face with the Banshee Queen herself in a fateful confrontation.
  • New Mega-dungeon - Tazavesh, the Veiled Market—Gather your party and discover exotic wares and strange creatures in an eight-boss Mythic mega-dungeon set in a bazaar of the mysterious Brokers, and culminating in a high-stakes heist to steal powerful artifacts from Azeroth.
  • And More - Gear up for Shadowlands Raid, Dungeon, and PvP Season 2, with a seasonal Mythic Keystone dungeon affix themed around the Jailer’s power; don new Covenant cosmetic armor sets that any class can wear; expand the powers of your Soulbinds and Conduits; add new mounts and pets to your menagerie; Unlock flying in the Covenants’ four domains; and much more.

Juvarisx

Florida
Looks good, a zone that is all a city would be interesting, I really enjoyed the Nightbourne city so if it is like that that would be great

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do like that it sounds like flying unlocks in 9.1 so not dragging out lack of flight for 2/3 of the expansion this go round which is better than the last couple.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A new 8-boss dungeon? Didn't people fucking hate Operation: Mechagon after like a month?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Very spoilery.

Chains_of_Domination_Anduin.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Watch flying being after you hit Renown 80...new campaign stuff ends at like 64, then 8 weeks after grinding out souls/anima to 80 you can fly.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I think it's Arthus again. The look is just not Anduin to me. Turning Death Knight while still alive did not turn Arthas all pale till the WC3 Expansion after all.

Merrith

I think it's Arthus again. The look is just not Anduin to me. Turning Death Knight while still alive did not turn Arthas all pale till the WC3 Expansion after all.

That's just some concept art if I'm not mistaken. They've been telegraphing turning Anduin to their side.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watched a YT video on next major patch. Pretty underwhelming, but nice to see some Venth and Necrolord buffs.

Just feels like a SL Prepatch reset though, so I can't consider it meaningful dev time.

Daidraco

9.0.5 is exactly that, a prepatch. 9.1 chains is probably another 2-3 months away. I wouldnt say its not meaningful dev time, but changes that people have been asking for since launch. Of course most people are/were expecting 9.1 to be here already, regardless of why its not the changes are appreciated. There is no where near as many people online as it was just a few weeks ago, so I feel like even the casuals have completed the story line and people are just unsubbing. Just like people do with other MMO's where they only sub for content updates periodically.

It just may be that I've become apathetic to MMO's, but there is really no point to grind gear anymore. If I think back to playing something when I was little, like Dragon Warrior/Quest - I had to grind levels and gear to see everything. Now, you complete the story, see every dungeon, complete the raid on lfr and you've effectively seen the majority of content the game has to offer. No one has any idea what gear you're wearing because of cosmetics so that appeal is gone as well. I just dont see the point in staying subbed in order to hit leaderboards that benefit me in no way whatsoever. I enjoy playing WoW, but its fast approaching a 20 year old game.. so the appeal of just playing it to be playing it is pretty much gone.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users