World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
Turning Anduin is just repetitive and hollow.

What's the point? There's just going to be a raid where we heal him back up and he'll be fine.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Yea, but he is not committed to being a death knight. The Jailer is controlling him like a puppet with the new Armor of Domination.

Cybsled

He isn’t corrupted, just being hijacked. You see for a moment after he stabs the leader that he has this look of horror, then whatever is controlling him takes over again.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Night Fae flying mount and new armor set look so fucking bad. The other flying mounts were okay/pretty good. Still didn't say exactly when we'll unlock flying, either, just that we'll get it "from continuing to do stuff for our covenant".

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So the new content is a Mythic only mega-dungeon? There's no easy way to get a Mythic group as a casual player so I might as well just unsub.

It's like they don't even want money anymore.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

So the new content is a Mythic only mega-dungeon? There's no easy way to get a Mythic group as a casual player so I might as well just unsub.

It's like they don't even want money anymore.

And more Maw content that people aren't very excited for. More floors in Torghast. Added on stuff to covenant campaigns. Not a whole lot of fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
And more Maw content that people aren't very excited for. More floors in Torghast. Added on stuff to covenant campaigns. Not a whole lot of fun.
Who really needs more Torghast floors? I have max upgraded my legendary on multiple characters. I don't need soul ash anymore, and I have no reason to do Torghast anymore, even though I did kind of have fun in it. I hope they are at least adding some reason to go back, other than just more soul ash.

• 1Truth!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The problem is that the devs at Blizzard are operating under the assumption that everyone wants WoW Classic at least as much as they want the current generation. It's clear that they spent a LOT of time over the last few months working on Burning Crusade Classic rather than working on 9.1.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The problem is that the devs at Blizzard are operating under the assumption that everyone wants WoW Classic at least as much as they want the current generation. It's clear that they spent a LOT of time over the last few months working on Burning Crusade Classic rather than working on 9.1.
That's because they have no talent left at blizzard, and classic carried the failure that is Systemlands. If you wanna play a single player cut scene game with piss poor stories there are way better options available.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EunwdFsXYAA6Xt1.png

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

That's some conspiracy level shit

Classic is a cash grab with barely any dev attention

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What if flying is covenant faction (assorted, all the different factions in a covenant) and not renown, is that a possibility? I have a hard time seeing renown as flying unlock.

The statement on it was pretty ambiguous. if its not renown that's going to be very offputting. Because I doubt it will just be your main faction, it's going to be those side factions in your covenant as well. I just can't see it any other way.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Nah, we can kick this up a notch: flying is account wide, but flight for each zone is tied to completing the covenant for that zone.

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Completing the covenant campaign and also max main faction per covenant to get flying in that covenant. I could see that.

I just don't believe what was stated earlier here that "keep progressing in your covenant" is referring to renown. It's gotta be tied to faction.

I think anyone not maxing covenant faction is taking a big risk. Very small chance its renown grind only.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The way Ion answered that faction pop imbalance question leads me to believe we will be getting merc mode for pve in the near future.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The way Ion answered that faction pop imbalance question leads me to believe we will be getting merc mode for pve in the near future.
Or something like what eq had where you could group with friends/ for various content regardless of your characters faction. That is the lowest hanging fruit and does not break any lore. We spend half of all expansions working with horde quest givers and leaders to fight bigger threats.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Completing the covenant campaign and also max main faction per covenant to get flying in that covenant. I could see that.

I just don't believe what was stated earlier here that "keep progressing in your covenant" is referring to renown. It's gotta be tied to faction.

I think anyone not maxing covenant faction is taking a big risk. Very small chance its renown grind only.

Do you mean rep when you say tied to faction? People should be all exhalted ages ago at this point. When they say continue to complete stuff for your faction, I'm not sure what else they could mean other than the Renown stuff we do weekly. Maybe it'll just be when you finish whatever new campaign stuff they add for 9.1. I was just kind of being a dick and doing worst case troll everyone was all happy about "all you have to do is your covenant stuff and boom, flying once 9.1 hits!".

Was basically saying I wouldn't be surprised if they still dragged it out and their idea of "keep doing stuff for your covenant" was getting to a certain point in the next set of Renown stuff and if it was another situation like the current one where we finished campaign at Renown 24, but still have 8 more weeks of doing the same 1k anima/X amount of rescued souls quests to hit Renown 40 to cap it.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Night Fae flying mount and new armor set look so fucking bad. The other flying mounts were okay/pretty good. Still didn't say exactly when we'll unlock flying, either, just that we'll get it "from continuing to do stuff for our covenant".
Be ready for various night fae with never ending story meme names.

Merrith

Be ready for various night fae with never ending story meme names.

If it actually looked like Falkor it would be better. The weird pandaria cloud serpent model but on a furry fox thing is just fucking weird.