World of Warcraft: Current Year

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
To be clear, the covenant 'content' ended weeks ago.

This. 1k anima and saving souls that takes up less than an hour of your Tuesday for transmog shit, 2% stamina, or some dumb companion you have to level at their mission table doesn't really fit the definition of content for me.

Kind of dumb that it'll still be another 4 weeks of rescuing souls and potentially anima grinding if you've been behind on it to fully upgrade all the covenant stuff, as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Kind of dumb; all the covenant stuff, as well.

FTFY!

Are any of those building worth a shit (outside Xmog and mounts), by the time you can get them, regardless? The portal to Orbos is nice, but all it saves is a couple loading screens over the Dalaran hearth (so, hardly worth the time investment).

I wonder if anyone, outside of ActiBliz did the math for average time spent per anima and soul. The level 1 thru 3 buildings have to be worth at least a couple hours in world quests.

Merrith

FTFY!

Are any of those building worth a shit (outside Xmog and mounts), by the time you can get them, regardless? The portal to Orbos is nice, but all it saves is a couple loading screens over the Dalaran hearth (so, hardly worth the time investment).

I wonder if anyone, outside of ActiBliz did the math for average time spent per anima and soul. The level 1 thru 3 buildings have to be worth at least a couple hours in world quests.

The transport network (at least for Night Fae) has super easy quests, often for quick anima, and yeah I think the Oro portal is worth it. Anima collector mostly the same, adds ways to get anima. Mission finishing 25% faster is probably only real useful thing otherwise. Most of the rest is just for xmog and mounts.

Daidraco

Ill be 40 next week I believe, then I wont even have a reason to log in till they do put more story in. Really unlikely, but would love it if they just put the story into the current renown levels. So I think the last story was at 27, so between there and 40 would be a relief.

• 1Like

Merrith

Ill be 40 next week I believe, then I wont even have a reason to log in till they do put more story in. Really unlikely, but would love it if they just put the story into the current renown levels. So I think the last story was at 27, so between there and 40 would be a relief.

Last story ended at 24. It's been 7 weeks (and next week will be the 8th week) of 2 Renown a week from 1k anima and rescuing souls in the Maw.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9.05 hit and not one fuck given in this thread.

Fresh BIS legendaries was at least interesting for me.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Hey, I logged on yesterday.

I haven't today and didn't even summon the mount, but I am sure I will one of these weeks!

• 1Worf

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Honestly the most exciting thing to happen for a while is the discovery of the wombo.ai app

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This one is pretty good too

Thats a little scary. Imagine whats going to be made in a decade when theres significantly more processing power for a fraction of the cost. Wonder how big digital forensics will be then trying to debunk or verify the content being created.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Thats a little scary. Imagine whats going to be made in a decade when theres significantly more processing power for a fraction of the cost. Wonder how big digital forensics will be then trying to debunk or verify the content being created.

Well according to someone in the reddit thread:

At the moment, our ability to detect fakes is growing at about the same rate as our ability to create them. To the naked eye, it may be impossible to tell the difference, but an algorithm can determine something to be generated algorithmically with near 100% accuracy.
But it's a cat and mouse game. If the mouse ever starts finding ways to evade the cat faster than the cat can come up with ways to catch the mouse... well, we're in trouble.

It's the same discussion that came up when deepfakes first started. I can see a rogue state like N Korea using this tech very effectively for their propaganda (who there is going to dare to debunk it?). Anyways I don't want to get too political in the WoW thread, I'm just here to enjoy the memes.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Also as far as 9.0.5 goes there's not really any discussion on it because there's not much to talk about. They added:

Valor for M+ players (but you can't upgrade old gear, you have to refarm the items and then upgrade them)
Torghast power changes (this is decent at least for my AffLock, they combined some powers and changed of some of the useless ones)
New Torghast upgrade: lets you teleport across those giant chains (this is good, fuck those chains)
New hidden craftable Maw mount (looks like a long grind, which you need max Maw rep to even start so what's the point, may as well do Torghast for the mount there or just wait until 9.1)

Did I miss anything?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Havoc got two new legendaries buffed into BIS status, which at least gave some life to Torghast temporarily with the ash grind. As well as a talent change to frontload damage, which was significant (crit 12k on a 26 second CD).

Its got me back playing again and finishing up KSM on my hunter (2 dungeons to go)

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Patch didn’t really add anything. Valor is nice but a bit late. No one is looking forward to DoS trinket grinding.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There has been a lot of energy poured into these new class and even spec specific legendaries that is totally misplaced. You can only have one so everyone just got the single one that matches their build and called it a day.

I mean sure eventually you can wear two, but that seems far off. Meanwhile you poured your soul into making all these new effects for nothing.

• 1Truth!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should have done the same thing for other legendaries that they did for Havoc. Buff 1-2 into fresh BIS status so people have something to do.

It's gimmicky and FOTM feeling but it's still content to try new things. Unfortunately it sounds like the other legendary buffs were very underwhelming and skippable for other specs and classes.