World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There has been a lot of energy poured into these new class and even spec specific legendaries that is totally misplaced. You can only have one so everyone just got the single one that matches their build and called it a day.

I mean sure eventually you can wear two, but that seems far off. Meanwhile you poured your soul into making all these new effects for nothing.
Yup given the resources/cost to make different legendaries most people are going to read up on the one best or at least the one good enough for what they are doing make that and then move on. They probably will add more ilevel upgrade options for them at some point but overall you still are just going to have one that works good enough and then never look at the system again until its ilevels get boosted.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like why have torghast specific legendaries they are cute but nobody is going to use one of those as their main slot and who wants to fuck around swapping gear to just do torghast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
Like why have torghast specific legendaries they are cute but nobody is going to use one of those as their main slot and who wants to fuck around swapping gear to just do torghast.
Do torghast to get soul ash to make a torghast legendary to do more torghast, makes perfect sense, what innovation.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should have done the same thing for other legendaries that they did for Havoc. Buff 1-2 into fresh BIS status so people have something to do.

It's gimmicky and FOTM feeling but it's still content to try new things. Unfortunately it sounds like the other legendary buffs were very underwhelming and skippable for other specs and classes.

Nah, fuck this, make stuff viable, but screw the swapping out bis shit. Most people I assume put legendaries in harder to replace slots so forcing them to swap to a new bis would kind of suck.

Daidraco

This one is pretty good too

(holds down pp)

But the Night Elf one looks like manly ass bitch. Wouldnt be surprised if game companies didnt start using this software to help model characters. It also shows how scummy some characters look with a different voice. Khadbro is straight greasy looking with that voice.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
(holds down pp)

But the Night Elf one looks like manly ass bitch. Wouldnt be surprised if game companies didnt start using this software to help model characters. It also shows how scummy some characters look with a different voice. Khadbro is straight greasy looking with that voice.
I'd look greasy as well if I started asking if you touched my tralala...

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, fuck this, make stuff viable, but screw the swapping out bis shit. Most people I assume put legendaries in harder to replace slots so forcing them to swap to a new bis would kind of suck.

I never thought about it like that. But you're absolutely right most people are socketed, with the BIS raid items in the appropriate slots.

Fortunately for Havoc, most of the new BIS is actually also BIS slotted in the new respective slots thanks to legendary stat priority. This would not be the same for every spec/class, so you're right.

Either way it was nice to get some fresh mechanics and gameplay/builds for once and not be locked into 1 style of gameplay. DH finally got their "borrowed power" artifact/corruption style design back and before 9.1 has even hit so I'm happy.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
They need to remove the 1200 Soul Ash cost for the BASE LEVEL legendary, or at least lower it down to something more reasonable like 500. Why does it cost more than the 210 upgrade does in terms of Ash? Makes no sense, and it makes it SO PUNISHING to try out a new legendary. Not to mention the fact that different lego's work better with different covenants/soul binds... They made trying specs/legendaries/convenants out so damn punishing its not even worth the time at the moment... Which is really sad 'cause it wouldve extended the longevity of the patch out a lot more than the other Valor changes they've made.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

I never thought about it like that. But you're absolutely right most people are socketed, with the BIS raid items in the appropriate slots.

Fortunately for Havoc, most of the new BIS is actually also BIS slotted in the new respective slots thanks to legendary stat priority. This would not be the same for every spec/class, so you're right.

Either way it was nice to get some fresh mechanics and gameplay/builds for once and not be locked into 1 style of gameplay. DH finally got their "borrowed power" artifact/corruption style design back and before 9.1 has even hit so I'm happy.

Also I should have noted, it's different for a spec like Havoc that had just been dicked over royally. Any improvements to that are welcome.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So is the Wandering Ancient mount the biggest piece of shit in WoW history?

Its marketed as a green treant, and in-game it looks gray? Or is that a different version of the mount.

If there is only 1 version-- then I can confirm this is possibly the biggest piece of shit mount I've ever seen.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Appreciate the clarification. I'd whiten it a little if I was Blizzard.

It could be my monitor, but the shit looks gray. The snow-covered aspect just doesn't pop out at you.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Huh... well the ones I saw (haven’t logged back in to get it since it didn’t pop in my mail Tuesday) were all purplish. Thought it was based off covenants. But if it changes based on season, then that’s pretty neat. I’ll never use the thing, but it sounds cool. I’m perma-locked on my twisting corridors mount so I don’t have to play favs in the maw and outside.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I keep the blue reduction on a good setting, not too much, but enough that it might take a purple down to a grayish tone.

This would be the first color fidelity problem I've had though, so I'm skeptical.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Got to 40 Renown and promptly cancelled my account. 9.1 is far away and even then that content drop seemed to be all about Mythic content. Would love to do Mythic-0 or even Mythic-1 ish stuff but you still face an idiotic match-making system.

Maybe they will figure out that there's a population of gamers that doesn't want to spend their freetime running up walls to skip content due to the damn timer?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly they’ll probably just figure out they should have slowed the grind down even more to drag all y’alls subs out to 9.1

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Also I should have noted, it's different for a spec like Havoc that had just been dicked over royally. Any improvements to that are welcome.

Serious question: Why play Havoc? DH seems unfinished. Like they were too good an expansion or two ago, but now in PvP they're useless compared to pretty much every other class. Targetted first in arenas because they lack any real survivability. Only two specs, and relying too much on covenant stuff, they just feel unfinished.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got to 40 Renown and promptly cancelled my account. 9.1 is far away and even then that content drop seemed to be all about Mythic content. Would love to do Mythic-0 or even Mythic-1 ish stuff but you still face an idiotic match-making system.

Maybe they will figure out that there's a population of gamers that doesn't want to spend their freetime running up walls to skip content due to the damn timer?

Join a guild? Any retard can stumble fuck their way to timing a M+2.

• 1Like