World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How out of touch is this topic though?

What's the purpose? All the talent left the company. It's simply not relevant to discuss a WoW 2 without evidence of creative talent.

This is all shit you might get away with giving a take on a few years ago.

Certainly not now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Y'all just ain't ready for Asmongold to buy Blizzard and release WOW2: The Neckbearding.

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Y'all just ain't ready for Asmongold to buy Blizzard and release WOW2: The Neckbearding.
Asmongold and buying things go surprisingly well together. I'll just leave something here that I found:

asmonboost.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The WoW thread seems really dead, even the Pantheon one is more active. I wish I could refund my Shadowlands seeing as I gave up at the smurf realm. A question though, I see lots of videos etc about delayed content patches. Why is this even happening with such a big company? Like one patch takes a year to release or something.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The WoW thread seems really dead, even the Pantheon one is more active. I wish I could refund my Shadowlands seeing as I gave up at the smurf realm. A question though, I see lots of videos etc about delayed content patches. Why is this even happening with such a big company? Like one patch takes a year to release or something.
Each item in a patch has to go through the Diversity & Inclusion department.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider

As I understand it they’re getting owned on 2 fronts now:

1) Coronavirus

2) There’s been a large wave of staff leaving recently, to either Riot or Dreamhaven, and these have tended to be the more talented / productive guys. Riot are really winding up production on their mmo and Dreamhaven are just sniping the best of old Blizzard for a variety of projects. And this hit like a ‘critical mass’ (?) where x talented guys left so y also left, etc. The A team are gone, basically.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
As I understand it they’re getting owned on 2 fronts now:

1) Coronavirus
Let's be honest here: Any company that couldn't adapt within 3 months to the "new normal" that is work from home, was doomed in the long run anyways. I don't believe for a second that Blizzard couldn't embrace digital tools like videoconferencing and VPNs for most of their employees, especially when most of their work is digital in one way or the other.

The delays are totally on them, and if you look at how long they take to fix certain gameplay things (sometimes up to 6 months), their whole production pipeline is as agile as the Titanic.

Here's what YoshiP said in a recent interview with a German MMO news site about the question what features and strategies you need to be a successful MMO in 2021: "And it is especially important to make sure that you have the means to continue adding content regularly in the future. It would be suicide to start without an update plan or an efficient content production workflow."

• 6Like
  • 3Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This thread is so inactive because everyone is too busy enjoying the game to post.

• 13Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 15 users

Daidraco

I wont say that Retail is dead, but theyre going to have a hard time recovering any significant portion of people that left the game due to this expansion's direction.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
only thing that would make me resub is release of classic wotlk. So, in 3 years?

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's the end of an era imo.

A lot of people knew going into this that SL was the last ride.

It's the last Blizzard expac/WoW experience for many. It's also why so many people are playing it all the way through. They aren't coming back.

This is the last one.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'll come back for whatever the last season of this expac is (I doubt we'll see a season 4) and the first season of the next (if there's a next expac) but I'm sitting this one out for sure.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wont say that Retail is dead, but theyre going to have a hard time recovering any significant portion of people that left the game due to this expansion's direction.

As a super casual WoW player, I didn't really have any major issues with Shadowlands. But it seemed like just more of the same and not very exciting after a month or so. I enjoyed classic much more during that time. Something definitely was lost since classic.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll come back for whatever the last season of this expac is (I doubt we'll see a season 4) and the first season of the next (if there's a next expac) but I'm sitting this one out for sure.

As SL failed to deliver a BFA 30 day experience (SL has shit dungeons that are generally unfun as a major contributing factor, most former MDI players that did not compete in SL have referred to this several times in interviews. So experts agree. SL dungeons suck dick) no New Blizzard product is worth checking out.

And I mean New Blizzard. The balance sheet era.

The era where not even Ion is at liberty to make changes at a reasonable pace.

This was the last ride-- and anyone checking out a New Blizzard product in the future is a sucker. i want to take a minute and give Khane Khane some recognition for sitting this one out. What a boss.

• 1Like

Araxen

Are they going to shit out 9.1 early? They are still working on core shit. Does that mean 9.1 gets pushed to August? If so... LOL