World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
I love FF14 but the end game of FF14 is pretty easy and there is less to do at the end of the game unless you are an achievement hunter.
...is that really true?

WoW has M+ in current expansion dungeons, current patch raids and PvP. Are people still doing pet battles?

FF14 has all their dungeons and raids active for badge gear, hard modes for organised groups giving raid loot and PvE warfronts/artifact weapon grind. Then there's whatever the fuck their PvP is and card game/pet battles/chocobo racing/housing.

So I feel like, other than PvP, there is more depth to everything else in FF14.

A good point Asmongold made is that if you like PvP, there's entire games built around PvP. So while PvPers may not leave for FF14, they may leave for Fortnite or League of Legends or something.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why there aren't Timewalking M+ Dunngeons every patch. Like bring back 2 fan favorite dungeons for M+ each season.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I never understood that either. You have an entire body of content that can be reused on a cycling Mythic + Track or reworked into M+ with relatively minimal dev time. But they don't do any of that shit.

Fuck, do an M+ on the entirety of Blackrock Depths or some shit. But nope.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
...is that really true?

WoW has M+ in current expansion dungeons, current patch raids and PvP. Are people still doing pet battles?

FF14 has all their dungeons and raids active for badge gear, hard modes for organised groups giving raid loot and PvE warfronts/artifact weapon grind. Then there's whatever the fuck their PvP is and card game/pet battles/chocobo racing/housing.

A good point Asmongold made is that if you like PvP, there's entire games built around PvP. So while PvPers may not leave for FF14, they may leave for Fortnite or League of Legends or something.
You forgot the endless content of mog hunting and mount farming!

Malkav

French Madman
It's crazy when you contrast this to Blizzard's dev cycle.

FFXIV team managed to release content like clockwork for ARR and two followup expansions until COVID hit around patch 5.2.

image_2021-06-22_191755.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...is that really true?

You get your badge gear pretty quick. The grinds go by pretty quick. None of the hard mode raids are more difficult then mythic raiding. The dungeons are brain dead easy.

I love FF14 and go back every couple patches to do the content but at the top end there is no challenge. After doing M Plus, moving to the FF14 expert dungeons is a joke. After doing Mythic raids, doing the extremes in FF14 are a joke.

Have you ever actually done the top end stuff in FF14?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's crazy when you contrast this to Blizzard's dev cycle.

FFXIV team managed to release content like clockwork for ARR and two followup expansions until COVID hit around patch 5.2.

View attachment 359406
I will never understand how the fuck China Virus can ever be an excuse for long dev cycles in the world of technology.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You get your badge gear pretty quick. The grinds go by pretty quick. None of the hard mode raids are more difficult then mythic raiding. The dungeons are brain dead easy.

I love FF14 and go back every couple patches to do the content but at the top end there is no challenge. After doing M Plus, moving to the FF14 expert dungeons is a joke. After doing Mythic raids, doing the extremes in FF14 are a joke.

Have you ever actually done the top end stuff in FF14?
No but the normal raids and trials were really fun and some were definitely a challenge. Have you done the unreal difficulty stuff?

LFR Castle Nathria made me quit the game on the second try, drab, boring and mouth breathers. "LFR" Eden was fucking amazing.

Mythic+ I can't enjoy because of the time limit. I did the timed Stratholme in vanilla for the epic class gear, it was stressful and the reward not really worth it, but I'm proud that I did it. I don't want the whole game like that.

Also remember that in WoW you are just running Castle Nathria over and over again but once a week per difficulty. In FF14 you can reasonably do any of the raids and get your badge gear and repeat them every day if you want until you hit badge cap.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I’m pretty much at endgame in FF - last patches were like 5-8s tier (fun 3 months + more pugging after) -> 10+ months to 9-12s tier (fun 4 months before group disbanded) -> not much I really want to do until next expansion (another 5 months away, tier 11~ months or so).

Badge stuff is like do expert roulette 4* a week for the first 4-8 weeks of patch

I do like the game, but the last couple of patches / cancelled ult felt pretty much like a disaster - hard to imagine these Wow personalities would be pushing the game so much if they were actually at endgame.

Juvarisx

Florida
Here is the thing though, I started a month ago, and playing daily im not done Shadowbringers yet, and ive focused basically only on MSQ except for Manderville Man. There is a TON of game I havent opened up at all not to mention ive only played one class this entire time. Yes true endgame might be a grind but there is so much to go back and do and it doesn't feel outdated with levelsync at all. Im sure I could solo some of it but I dont have to via the duty finder.

There is nothing wrong with playing both either, if you NEED M+ and "hard" endgame Mythic raiding play WoW and raid log and do you'r 1 M+ a week since any more and its a waste of time, and spend the rest in a game that sure isnt as top focused but has a lot to do otherwise. There is something to be said about always having something to do that doesn't feel like a fucking grind, and WoW lost that a LONG time ago.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
There is nothing wrong with playing both either, if you NEED M+ and "hard" endgame Mythic raiding play WoW and raid log and do you'r 1 M+ a week since any more and its a waste of time, and spend the rest in a game that sure isnt as top focused but has a lot to do otherwise. There is something to be said about always having something to do that doesn't feel like a fucking grind, and WoW lost that a LONG time ago.
This. I play end game ESO and have a max level in FF14 waiting for End Walker, and waiting for closed beta New World in a month. Sticking to one MMO is a bad idea these days.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The thing is I don't have time to play than more than one MMO especially if I want to play other non-MMO games. I don't want to miss an entire video game generation like I did playing Everquest.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I’m pretty much at endgame in FF - last patches were like 5-8s tier (fun 3 months + more pugging after) -> 10+ months to 9-12s tier (fun 4 months before group disbanded) -> not much I really want to do until next expansion (another 5 months away, tier 11~ months or so).

Badge stuff is like do expert roulette 4* a week for the first 4-8 weeks of patch

I do like the game, but the last couple of patches / cancelled ult felt pretty much like a disaster - hard to imagine these Wow personalities would be pushing the game so much if they were actually at endgame.
Because as much as FF14 has been slightly affected by Covid with whatever the cancelled boss was and the longer than usual length of the final patch of the expansion...

...WoW is in an unprecedented content drought waiting for the first expansion patch.

Then imagine how long the final Shadowlands patch (which we know zero about) is going to be live for given that they have gone well over a year in the past and they have had massive layoffs. While we know exactly when the next FF14 expansion is dropping and what content it has lined up (including 2 new classes and half of 2 races).

The WoW personalities need content. Blizzard isn't delivering anything to talk about or play, so complaints fill the gap. If they switch themselves and their audience to FF14 they know they have a bunch of content to catch up on and an expansion with a reasonable patch cycle at the end of the year.

As for myself. I'm 100% done with WoW after playing Shadowlands. Shadowbringers now has me 100% sold on FF14 after loving Heavensward but getting a bit lost at endgane, then returning and disliking Stormblood.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Keep giving them your sub money Asmon. It's really amazing at how much Classic is a band aid for the revenue of WoW. If Classic wasn't around, how bad would it be for them right now?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why there aren't Timewalking M+ Dunngeons every patch. Like bring back 2 fan favorite dungeons for M+ each season.
Because that's something a company that cares about their players, loves their game, and have creative approaches to nostalgia would do. We joke about WoW Lore, but it really took a steaming dump storywise post WOTLK. What new characters introduced in WoW have had near the endearment or impact of Arthas, Illidan, etc. introduced in the RTS games?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users