World of Warcraft: Current Year

nu_11

Part of why he hates WoW is because people were racist to him? Sounds like a people problem and not a game problem. What was the point of even bringing that up?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably because Blizz knew it and did nothing about it because they thought their pro league would make them money or some stupid shit.

nu_11

Probably because Blizz knew it and did nothing about it because they thought their pro league would make them money or some stupid shit.
Are you kidding me? Just post the evidence and the blue hairs on Twitter and at Blizzard will cry about it for months. Have you even been paying attention to politics for the last 4 years?

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Maybe. Just maybe. Ion filling the ranks at Bliz with his homeboys from Elitist Jerks wasn't the best idea.

This is basically what Metzen and Morhaime did when they filled the ranks with Kaplan and Furor back in 2005 though. So... how did it all go so wrong?
To give you an example of the quality of people at EJ, I posted something about trannies and they got mad that the word tranny was used. Compared it to American Inventor. This was in 2015. That was the last time I posted there.

Also they unironically believed that pence was going to institute electroshock therapy for gays.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like a people problem and not a game problem.
To be fair, there is a grain of truth in it: If your game is an MMO, and you have gameplay where a group of players participate, then people are pretty much part of the experience.

On the other hand, there's this really old cartoon: On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I guess you could boil down the difference between Kaplan and the current generation in that Kaplan went by Tigole Bitties whereas the current generation would go by Mronthole Fustard.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Malkav

French Madman
Not sure if it was already mentioned here in its entirety, but that leak is eye opening if true.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
To think some people are giving these charlatans money to play a 15 year old version of the game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
PS: There's a surprising yet brief bit of high quality writing+VA in the campaign quest this week.

The fact that it wasn't it's own cinematic is disappointing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
PS: There's a surprising yet brief bit of high quality writing+VA in the campaign quest this week.

The fact that it wasn't it's own cinematic is disappointing.
What is it? I think everyone else is playing FF14 lol

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The Limit world first stream has 81k viewers on Twitch, while Asmongold solving Gold Saucer jump puzzles, doing chocobo racing and EX primals has 100k. That has to sting a bit.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
That reads entirely as larp.
It was believable up until the point where the younger generation was the one pushing heavy monetization.

Younger (basically anyone who isn't principal level) Blizzard employees don't get paid enough to give a fuck.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It was believable up until the point where the younger generation was the one pushing heavy monetization.

Younger (basically anyone who isn't principal level) Blizzard employees don't get paid enough to give a fuck.
A lot of things are believable when they're telling you what you've already been primed to hear. That they're believable doesn't make them true.

• 1Hodjing

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your skepticism doesn't make it false.

Using elephant in the room twice along with claiming that there is an older, essentially anti-woke group still working at Blizzard makes me not believe it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's a scene between Thrall and Draka (his mother.)
Oh yeah I saw that on YouTube.

He's like "I was Warchief" and she asks "What are you now?". Poor Thrall cucked out, they destroyed his character to make him Green Jesus.

The expansion has been weirdly lacking in dead Warcraft characters, I feel like they could have done WAY more with the setting. There's only 1-2 characters in each zone some even locked behind covenant campaign (Bastion-Uther, Ardenweald-Ysera&Hakkar, Revendreth-Kael'thas&Garrosh, Maldraxxus-Vashj&Kel'thusad, Maw-Ner'zul) did I miss any? I guess Dreadlords are showing up in Revendreth but they already established that they don't die in WotLK.

I bet they don't even have Kael'thas find Garithos in the afterlife and get his revenge.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also they really replaced the Kael'thas voice actor over allegations that were proven false? Jesus Christ what a fucking gutless cuckville of a company.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
they destroyed his character to make him Green Jesus.
You obviously didn't get the memo:
0DKvGdU.png

• 3Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users