World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, the jump puzzles, chocobo racing, and EX primals are infinitely times more fun content than anything you can do in patch 9.1.
chilton.jpg

on the principle that you don't need 200-400 person teams to make games and that mass hiring is akin to throwing 'hardware at a software issue' in IT terms.
A study found out that most successful software projects are started by three people. The original WoW design team was also three people. Too many and you have endless discussions, too little and you have no one to discuss ideas and their ramifications with.

I wish you luck.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
A study found out that most successful software projects are started by three people. The original WoW design team was also three people. Too many and you have endless discussions, too little and you have no one to discuss ideas and their ramifications with.

I wish you luck.

Yup, best are made by 3 or more, when you start throwing more than 3 into the mix, it goes off track and the 3 people start to lose interest as others bring new ideas in. It's okay to bring in some others (HR, finance, etc), but I mean, Blizzard was started by 3 dudes, Verant was 3 989 Studios dudes, almost every innovation starts out great and then its creators ditch as there's nothing more for them to do, or they want to do more with what they have, and then lose control of the company as they make more deals.

That's not to say big companies cannot be managed well (Riot does fine with hundreds, thousands of employees) but most (like what Blizzard seems to do) just hire to fill an empty spot as they can't attract talent

But then their talent quits, and put a bunch of unmotivated-by-anything-but-greed college grads at the problem.

A problem could be solved effectively and quickly by 1-3 high school graduates that have a penchant for design, art, or programming... and more importantly, are driven by curiosity and want to experiment, not to pay back a $100,000 debt that they took on themselves because they thought 'it was needed' to succeed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
To be fair, the jump puzzles, chocobo racing, and EX primals are infinitely times more fun content than anything you can do in patch 9.1.
It looks like the AAR MSQ fetch quests are infinitely more fun than 9.1 lol

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Implying 9.1 has anything to do.

If they revert to 9.0 I'll resume playing regularly again. BFA shits on anything they've done in 9.1. I don't think SL will even get a Corruption system in 9.2.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Implying 9.1 has anything to do.

If they revert to 9.0 I'll resume playing regularly again. BFA shits on anything they've done in 9.1. I don't think SL will even get a Corruption system in 9.2.
Are you okay? This is a wellness check.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
MMORPG's are not a fucking E-sport and never should be treated as such. The fact that what equates to professional gaming teams, with coaches, script writers, and members who have data mined, and tested the game, with the best gear available while moving forward can't instantly dominate the content is a travesty, it's a small blip gimmick on the screen that requires more dev time to balance afterwards than to simply make correct in the first fucking place.

It's another example of why people like Ion should have been fired long long time ago.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess you could boil down the difference between Kaplan and the current generation in that Kaplan went by Tigole Bitties whereas the current generation would go by Mronthole Fustard.
When Kaplan and then Alex went over to Blizzard I remember being a bit amazed they hired two guys that were famously known as Tigole Bitties and Furor. Based.

Those two guys were the reason I dumped EQ and never looked back the day I got my beta invite. Cata was the last box set I purchased and pretty much gave up after that.

Came back as a boomer nostalgia fag to enjoy vanilla and now TBC. The weird feeling is this time around I know there is an end and that’s WotLK.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whales gonna whale. Retarded whales are half the reason modern gaming is so shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
This is how you know you take it too seriously and something is wrong. Paying $25 to beat content you already paid for.
They were looking for simps to funnel gear to them in Heroic:
lol.png

Meanwhile on Twitch:
lol.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Is the purpose of this to gain an edge with certain racials?
The goblin racial, rocket jump, allows them to bypass the rolling ball mechanic a couple of times during the fight by jumping off the platform and then back on with a class ability.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh look, Blizzard gets totally outclassed within a week of their own patch by some neckbeard.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users