World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A lot of sticky notes up there having to remind these attention whores how pretty and gorgeous they are.
Isn't the #1 rule for psychologists not to confirm or feed into a patient's delusion? They're literally trying to self-confirm in a mirror and when that fails they find a forum on the internet echoing their views to reinforce each other.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This video is making the rounds. Didnt they end up doing this and de-sexualize most the female characters? And based on a lot of women's reaction to ff14 they want sexy female characters too.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
They went from Victoria's Secret to Lane Bryant.

1627054793110.png

Didn't Taliesin go on some rant about how he's shocked women would rather play sexy bunny ladies than the stronk woman pictured above?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Isn't the #1 rule for psychologists not to confirm or feed into a patient's delusion? They're literally trying to self-confirm in a mirror and when that fails they find a forum on the internet echoing their views to reinforce each other.
Agreed. An internet forum is the same thing as a message board at work telling women how pretty they are.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Asmon always countered that by saying these games set unrealistic standards for men also - they’re all perma ripped chads with 6 packs.

Most people project what they aspire to look like or want to look like, not what they look like IRL exactly.

Although I do find it funny that when they introduced a fat female character in WoW in BFA, she was evil. But when 14 did in ShB, she was a sweet motherly character that the playerbase loves.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Asmon always countered that by saying these games set unrealistic standards for men also - they’re all perma ripped chads with 6 packs.
1627055299988.png

Probably one of the best memes ever.
This video is making the rounds. Didnt they end up doing this and de-sexualize most the female characters? And based on a lot of women's reaction to ff14 they want sexy female characters too.

Pretty much. Id say post Legion there hasnt been any "sexy" female characters at all. Jaina, Sylvanas and Alexstrasza have all seen redesigns that covered more of their skin and made them less "sexy".

Their response wasnt wrong though. Such idiocy should be met satire and ridicule.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just curious, so how many people here are planning to cancel their WoW subscription, cancel their game pre-orders or will no longer support Blizzard?
I was done already pretty much but this just gives me sone moral smugness in not buying anything they put out anymore.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Just curious, so how many people here are planning to cancel their WoW subscription, cancel their game pre-orders or will no longer support Blizzard?
This frat boy culture kinda makes me wish the game didn't suck out loud so I COULD support it, but no. I have to have principles and the gameplay is shit.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The whole frat boy thing is laughable too since most of these game designers are fucking nerds.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 9 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I had already cancelled my sub due to their woke shit, smug developers and overall shit attitude. I wanted them to fail due to their shitty Mary Sue characters, poor writing, not giving a fuck about the player base, mobile/predatory design, etc. so maybe they could actually learn that people don't want this bullshit, and not yet another #metoo scandal. Most of the shit sounds pretty damn tame, minus the suicide shit and who knows what the fuck the context is on that. I'm completely disinclined to believe any of this shit happened or hasn't been blown completely the fuck out of proportion these days. Now Blizzard's demise will be a victory against white, "frat boy" culture and not their horrible decisions over the past decade like it should be.

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The whole frat boy thing is laughable too since most of these game designers are fucking nerds.
Yeah, all one has to do is see this guys on stage at Blizzcon or wherever to completely rofl at the notion these guys are alpha male frat boys. That's me, not these schlubs.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agreed there was no "White Frat Boy" culture at Blizzard.

A Persian Pimp culture on the other hand? I can see it.
1627062436827.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Goonsquad Officer

Most people project what they aspire to look like or want to look like, not what they look like IRL exactly.

Although I do find it funny that when they introduced a fat female character in WoW in BFA, she was evil. But when 14 did in ShB, she was a sweet motherly character that the playerbase loves.
She can also twerk like a pro

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played sense Vanilla WoW, but haven't bought anything from them sense Reaper of Souls, and the whole Diablo: Immortal, "Dont you guy's have phones?" just ruined it, was at that point I knew they are not Blizzard anymore, it's Activision in a fucking Blizzard Skin Suit.

The lawsuit is ehh *shrug* I'd rather wait and see how it turns out before judgement.

• 1Like