World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
someone would have proof read that email
Maybe no one did intentionally, because that is the easiest way to get him into a firing position. Sometimes you promote people not because they did good work, but to place them into an ejection seat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The HR girl at my office has told me of her "body count" as she calls it and explicit detail of her sex life. She is a total and complete whore off the clock.

I don't doubt any of this shit especially at trendy cool companies.

I spent the last 10 years working at tech start-ups and marketing agencies. While this Blizzard thing is on the farther end of the degeneracy scale, I've seen this behavior pretty frequently at various companies. Women basically being sluts and bragging about it, alcohol at work (especially at the marketing agencies), people drinking during work hours, coworkers hooking up with each other, male/female interns being relentlessly hit on. I personally had to save 2 male interns from a gay manager who they were assigned to because he was hitting on them all the time. The gay manager literally looked like this guy, I shit you not.
1627071503747.png

Me and the interns are friends to this day (they're brothers). The soygay was eventually bounced out of the company because during my exit interview I outed him for being a predator and cited him as one of my reasons for leaving.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah my company is 12 years old and has beer on tap at the office in addition to hard liquor on people desks.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
this could turn it around for shadowlands

I mean, it could be the most meta expansion ever.

The villain is someone who was put in charge (Jailer/Brack) of terrible people (the Maw souls/Blizzard Cosbies) by the brethren whom he feels abandoned him (the Eternals / Morhaine/Metzen/Pardo) because he was wholly unqualified for the job. Disgruntled, he decides to ally with the most evil of the Eternals (Denathrius/Furor) to spread even more chaos (anima draught / blue-hair vaxx). Once he's been used enough, Jailer/Brack gets rid of Denathrius/Furor and we never see him again... he then gets his powers back once everyone else has been fired (end of Sanctum of Domination/Bobby Kotick giving full powers to Brack to clear this mess) and goes off to fuckknowswhere to "remake reality" (clean slate Blizzard).

If they make the Jailer a good guy all along and we find out he took the glowy portal to find and kill Field Marshal Afrasiabi who was a villain all along since vanilla, it could turn it around for 9.2.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Exactly. And its not like relationships don't happen. They do, but even then its mostly handled professionally. Except that time an operator was fucking an engineer's engineer wife and got caught so the engineer was chasing a naked operator around a car and it all got caught on company camera. That wasn't super professional, but we didn't call in the god of feminism after it either. Handled quietly with some fucking pink slips because it was on company property.
I think it has to do with the age of the company and the age of the people working there.

Companies that are young and growing fast and constantly have new people coming in the door while the founders and rockstars at the core of the company are blowing up and getting rich are just filled with bullshit like this.

Companies that have been around 25+ years, not really growing and just basically making paperclips at this point, usually have shit figured out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fuck. I have worked 20 fucking years in big business in conservative areas. I have never actually seen the level of harassment they see. Never. Too many people want to get done, get home.

There's a fucking common denominator.

Most of the shit described as harassment probably isn't anything close to it. We had a women in Tech Support that was horrible at her job, every time we sent her into the field we would have to send someone else after to fix the issue and anything she screwed up in the process. After 1 year of this (I'm surprised they waited that long) they let her go, to which she played the harassment and race card and attempted to sue the company.

After 1 year she was still incapable of using a voltmeter to read voltage.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Most of the shit described as harassment probably isn't anything close to it. We had a women in Tech Support that was horrible at her job, every time we sent her into the field we would have to send someone else after to fix the issue and anything she screwed up in the process. After 1 year of this (I'm surprised they waited that long) they let her go, to which she played the harassment and race card and attempted to sue the company.

After 1 year she was still incapable of using a voltmeter to read voltage.
How hard can a voltmeter be 😂

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah my company is 12 years old and has beer on tap at the office in addition to hard liquor on people desks.
My former employer was like this. People could drink openly on Friday afternoon. Or anytime it was someone's birthday. It was a 1000+ person company but hadn't lost the original party atmosphere.

Once they finally cracked down on the partying after 2 big acquisitions and trying to be "a serious company" a lot of key people left the company or just moved away to cheaper locales and went full-time remote and checked out, then company shrank, sold out, and just fired 2/3rds of the remaining engineers.

If you build a company around hard-partying and then the party ends, odds are the company goes down with it. This could easily be what happened to Blizzard.

• 4Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My former employer was like this. People could drink openly on Friday afternoon. Or anytime it was someone's birthday. It was a 1000+ person company but hadn't lost the original party atmosphere.

Once they finally cracked down on the partying after 2 big acquisitions and trying to be "a serious company" a lot of key people left the company or just moved away to cheaper locales and went full-time remote and checked out, then company shrank, sold out, and just fired 2/3rds of the remaining engineers.

If you build a company around hard-partying and then the party ends, odds are the company goes down with it. This could easily be what happened to Blizzard.

Sounds about right given WoW's meteoric rise from 2004 to date, pre-Activision acquisition.

I feel a lot of the house cleaning has been done in preparation for this lawsuit being filed, as they knew they were under investigation for 2 years.

Furor's exit was "hey, you're in the lawsuit, get the fuck out". Nothing mutual about it.

They knew it was coming in fast and hot. Blizzard can claim they addressed it all in-house, counter to the claim by the state of California.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds about right given WoW's meteoric rise from 2004 to date, pre-Activision acquisition.

I feel a lot of the house cleaning has been done in preparation for this lawsuit being filed, as they knew they were under investigation for 2 years.

Furor's exit was "hey, you're in the lawsuit, get the fuck out". Nothing mutual about it.
Yea when Alex silently left in the night I knew something was fucking up, but didn't expect this.

• 4Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Fuck. I have worked 20 fucking years in big business in conservative areas. I have never actually seen the level of harassment they see. Never. Too many people want to get done, get home.

There's a fucking common denominator.
Definitely agree with you here.

They've carved the skin off of the body and made it fit so well that people actually believed for years that Blizzard would fix things. These types of people only care about working for a company, not the rewarding experience (i.e. more money) of accomplishing larger goals as a team.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I work in automotive engineering and when I started in 90s they still had shirt and tie rules for office. Then later in 2Ks they changed it to business casual, meaning no tie. Now kjust recently in the last 2 or so years they allow jeans and some Tshirs that are obv not vulgar. Women also had dress codes like length of skirts etc... But again, we do not have many women in our office, maybe 3-4? Plus the HR chicks? Definitely no alcohol or any shit like that. They used to have random drug tests for the longest time until we got bought out by some other company and merged, plus the whole legalizing MJ in our state probably had something to do with that being repealed too.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I worked at General Motors for 6 years. The lack of red tape at smaller companies is intoxicating.

Unless I was paid ludicrous amounts of money I wouldn't go back to big corporate.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Loosening dress code is fine if you aren’t customer facing. If you’re sitting in a cube for 8 hours a day, I want to be comfortable, not wearing a stupid tie. Ties don’t even make sense anymore - originally they were just shit to keep your shirt closed, then we invented buttons that did the same thing but kept the tie anyways. In 100 years they will laugh at that in the same way we laugh at people who wore powdered wigs.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
hell, they all get fired, maybe they get mad then we get the Vanguard of WoW from Pardo's company or something.

Pardo is apparently a swinger and liked to ask other Blizzard employees if they wanted a 4 some. I know a guy that used to work at Blizzard that was asked to bring his wife.

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
This shit happens at every company in various degrees at all levels of the hierarchy, because surprise, people are people. Someone at Blizz just never put on their big boy pants and said "can you not be so fucking blatant" is the issue here.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users