World of Warcraft: Current Year

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wish I could get into FF14, but the anime art style really puts me off... and so many of the character models look like trash.
Im with you on that. I hate the Japan style Final Fantasy BS. Although I have played some FF games int he past, like Tactics and 7 and some of the earlier Super Nintendo ones, that shit always pissed me off.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Having played some sort of MMO since EQ came out, this might be the end of the genre for me.

Shadowlands was going to be my last ride for the foreseeable future-- whether it was good or bad.

I can't play 9.1, but I won't rule out 9.2 if there's an about face in design decisions. I'd still be playing BFA or 9.0, maybe it's for the best that the cycle is broken finally.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
And for the record, my 'quitting' WoW has nothing to do with the sexual harassment crap. It is because 9.0 lasted 8 months and 9.1 was/is trash.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
And for the record, my 'quitting' WoW has nothing to do with the sexual harassment crap. It is because 9.0 lasted 8 months and 9.1 was/is trash.

Seriously if you make a good enough game I could care less if Larry the middle manager is trying to slay pussy on his lunch hour, but if you are making a shit game then no leeway shall be given.

• 6Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It's ironic-- we all waited for 9.1 and when it releases is the week everyone quit.

I knew it was coming too, just by how people were acting in game-- peoples gaming patterns started changing as 9.1 got close. People already got a whiff of it on the PTR.

Merrith was skeptical that new content would result in quits, but sure enough it happened.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I mean, paying for 8 months of sub to get 1 zone, a megadungeon and a raid, then realizing it's all you've got for another 6+ months prob was just the last straw.

• 2Like

Vedette

<Donor>
It is absolutely nuts what goes on in some companies. We had a zero tolerance policy at our company. No second chances, just pure GTFO.

I feel like this is how it works in most other sectors. You could maybe get it away with once if it was he said/she said with no witnesses. The "harassed" would have been given a choice of a lateral move to a different department in all instances. I really can't believe Blizzard's HR department was that bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Shower Thoughts Conspiracy Theory time:

Maybe that has been the plan all along? Activision pissed off everyone in a leadership position so much, that they specifically hired those keyboard warriors, harassed them a bit, got out in time themselves, and now watch as the current generation of low performers tear down the games from the inside, piss off the fans in the process, and then proceed to burn the whole company to the ground. "This whole company must be purged!"

After everything's done Activision will regret ever buying Blizzard. I bet they already do.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shower Thoughts Conspiracy Theory time:

Maybe that has been the plan all along? Activision pissed off everyone in a leadership position so much, that they specifically hired those keyboard warriors, harassed them a bit, got out in time themselves, and now watch as the current generation of low performers tear down the games from the inside, piss off the fans in the process, and then proceed to burn the whole company to the ground. "This whole company must be purged!"

After everything's done Activision will regret ever buying Blizzard. I bet they already do.
Pretty sure WoW has legit made Activision -billions- of dollars. There's zero regret. This may fuck up future revenue but being sad about making shitloads of money for minimal (comparatively) investment? Yeah, Activision doesn't give a shit. At worst, they claim Blizzard is the source of all of this and cut themselves free... several billion for their time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Pretty sure WoW has legit made Activision -billions- of dollars. There's zero regret. This may fuck up future revenue but being sad about making shitloads of money for minimal (comparatively) investment? Yeah, Activision doesn't give a shit. At worst, they claim Blizzard is the source of all of this and cut themselves free... several billion for their time.

Pretty much this, even if it turns out that Blizzard is ran by evil rich white men who love to get their dicks wet and drive whores to suicide, the worst thing that will happen will be a couple of fines, maybe a few settlement payouts with the company admitting no fault obviously. Then Bobby will continue to milk the remaining IPs for all they are worth until they are thrown in the trash bin of history like Rock-Band or whatever other shit they drained dry and forgot about.

Shit will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Then Bobby will continue to milk the remaining IPs for all they are worth until they are thrown in the trash bin of history like Rock-Band or whatever other shit they drained dry and forgot about.
I have a feeling that for two expansions now, more and more WoW players that keep showing up at least once for an expansion, have lost their patience, and that WoW as a cultural icon has burned down for a lot of people. Three strikes and you're out, wasn't it? WoD, BfA, SL.

It looks like only the toxic sediment of the WoW playerbase is still left. The ones that try to tell each other how great they are at the game because of their achievements, like "Ahead of the Curve" and "Keystone Master" which include mounts, and that they totally didn't buy with WoW gold, which they in turn got by the WoW token.

problem.jpg

4Chan take: "Blizzard employees are so conditioned to blame the players for everything that is wrong with the game, they think it's the players fault they were raping their own employees."

And of course:

tonedeaf.png

Sure, I can play plenty of other games. But why should I pay a subscription to WoW then?

• 5Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Taliesin running his channel into the ground I see.
I don't know who he is but two videos in I've heard "no ethical consumption under capitalism" which is what Marxist SJWs say to justify their luxury Apple products, he's put his wife's name in the channel name and he has an exaggerated southern English accent which cunts do to get gravitas when talking to Americans.

Seriously I hate that accent, I've never heard it IRL and can't really think of any famous English people with it, but multiple YouTubers do it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So the players are responsible for their corporate culture? We didn't buy enough shop mounts so they had no other choice to rape and pillage?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I know I sound like a broken record here, but this needs to be stressed out every once in a while so you fucking cocksuckers may be eventually get the point.

STOP FUCKING GIVING MONEY TO THESE FUCKING INEPT PIECES OF SHIT.

THEIR GAMES SUCK AND HAVE SUCKED FOR A LONG TIME BECAUSE THEY DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU AND ONLY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR MONEY. STOP THINKING THEY WILL CHANGE, YOU HAVE BATTERED WIFE SYNDROM.
THEY DON'T FUCKING MAKE SHIT GAMES BECAUSE THEY LOVE YOU, THEY FUCKING HATE YOUR GUTS.

THEY WILL EVEN BLAME RAPE CULTURE IN THEIR OFFICE ON YOU, THE PLAYER.

FUCK THEM

Last edited:
  • 17Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users