World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
Remember when some asshole on this forum started bringing stuff from the internet into someone's real life, and causing problems for them at their job? And how the entire forum unanimously thought that person was a piece of shit? This is not different from that.

No no, some piece of shit getting fired because of some dumbass tweets he posted years ago is wrong, but stalking your coworkers past online presence and sexually harrassing them for it is perfectly normal and "their fault".

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And how the fuck do you know what happened there? Youre already crying guilty based on some heresay and tweets. You dont know shit.
I'm talking in a general sense, not in the specific case. My point is that if you bring shit from the internet, posted under pseudonimity, into someone's place of work, you're a piece of shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Man I can only imagine how little a 20 year old CS rep would make there. Blizz is notorious for underpaying people for the 'privilege' of working there ;\

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shower Thoughts Conspiracy Theory time:

Maybe that has been the plan all along? Activision pissed off everyone in a leadership position so much, that they specifically hired those keyboard warriors, harassed them a bit, got out in time themselves, and now watch as the current generation of low performers tear down the games from the inside, piss off the fans in the process, and then proceed to burn the whole company to the ground. "This whole company must be purged!"

After everything's done Activision will regret ever buying Blizzard. I bet they already do.
I thought about it too - the goal was maybe to remove the "artists" who thought they were irreplaceable, that without them wow would be trash. Or they want to bring the price of the IP down so some company belonging to the circle jerks of activision can buy it cheap and create a WoW 2 (outside of CA, heck maybe in Japan / china)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Remember when some asshole on this forum started bringing stuff from the internet into someone's real life, and causing problems for them at their job? And how the entire forum unanimously thought that person was a piece of shit? This is not different from that.
I agree, keep online and real life separate.

As long as they afford me the same luxury when they find a post from 2008 where I used the N-word.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm talking in a general sense, not in the specific case. My point is that if you bring shit from the internet, posted under pseudonimity, into someone's place of work, you're a piece of shit.
This is 2021 Mist you guys invented cancel culture.

Either you are a stunning brave woman who is just as good as any man who wants to be put on equal terms. If strong and equal, you can stand up for yourself and deal with jokes.

Or you are a snowflake little girl who needs to be protected from all the big evil men in the workplace. You can only pick one or the other, you can't have both.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Not to feed the conspiracy theory here, but it is amusing that right on the heels of Activision-Blizzard's reaction of mostly "It's all fake and distorted information, we didn't do it", the previous leaders whom a lot of people feel didn't leave on the best of terms came to shit on that with their own statements of mostly "It's all true and we are sorry we couldn't stop it"... You'd think the founders of Blizzard would want to keep their legacy a little cleaner, but they're doing their best to damage the brand right now. Maybe Moirhaine hopes people will flock to Dreamhaven.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
She only has an associates degree. And looks like she started a dog walking business that shut down and now she just lives with her husband doing nothing and trying to cuck him on dating apps

It does look like the hired girls for eye candy and its biting them in the ass now.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

My point is that any pro-tips from people who post on this forum about what not to do online is someone who is really throwing stones in glass houses.

Good point, the irony is pretty spot on here. Some people on this forum are

"Haha stupid girl, she shouldn't have posted nudes online because she might get consequences"

are also

"Guys, we should hide the politics forum from prying eyes because us being racist and insurrectionist might result in consequences!"

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Good point, the irony is pretty spot on here. Some people on this forum are

"Haha stupid girl, she shouldn't have posted nudes online because she might get consequences"

are also

"Guys, we should hide the politics forum from prying eyes because us being racist and insurrectionist might result in consequences!"

Those aren't mutually exclusive, what about our racists who post nudes!

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Gotta leave it to 4Chan for premium shitposting:
afrawho.jpg

• 17Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 17 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL thats funny, internet was pretty much that, iooti, and everyone was happy. That is until gamergate happened, then the doxxing started, posting histories were displayed for all to see, twitters were scoured for any clue of some "wrongdoing" employers were found out and sent this infos so shitlords, forum trolls and shitposters would be affected in RL. And who the fuck started all that bullshit?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did SL really have that much less content at launch? I didn’t think BFA really had that much less content. I think it just sucked and reeked of player metrics.
Yes.

Legion had 5 full zones at launch, 1 extra zone competed early and 1 more patched in at the end.

BFA had 6 full zones at launch but half per faction, so you really needed an alt to see everything. 2 zones patched in mid way through.

Shadowlands had 4 full zones but you could only see the full story of one of them, meaning 3 alts to see everything or swapping covenants. So far they completed 1 extra zone.

I actually think that Shadowlands would have been praised for it's questing endgame if you could play all four covenants stories at once and get all their transmogs but only select the powers of one.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yes.

Legion had 5 full zones at launch, 1 extra zone competed early and 1 more patched in at the end.

BFA had 6 full zones at launch but half per faction, so you really needed an alt to see everything. 2 zones patched in mid way through.

Shadowlands had 4 full zones but you could only see the full story of one of them, meaning 3 alts to see everything or swapping covenants. So far they completed 1 extra zone.

I actually think that Shadowlands would have been praised for it's questing endgame if you could play all four covenants stories at once and get all their transmogs but only select the powers of one.
Not sure how you can say that the Maw wasn't a full zone. It has quests, achievements, secrets, etc. So that makes 5.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Not sure how you can say that the Maw wasn't a full zone. It has quests, achievements, secrets, etc. So that makes 5.

While you're technically correct, I've seen many people utterly dismiss the Maw as a playable zone, mostly because it's like you took the map of Dread Wastes and threw caltrops, pitfalls and diarrhea all over it.

At least in 9.1 it's barely tolerable now that you can ride freely through it and they added some more content to it (beside Korthia) but still, a lot of the Shadowlands zones feel really much emptier and less lived-in (no pun intended) than the last few expansions.

And yeah, splitting the playerbase into four covenants was a terrible idea. It drives collectors to play alts alts and more alts in a very alt-unfriendly system to collect everything, it creates a lot of toxic behaviors in groups or dungeons unless you're the right flavor of the month covenant/conduit/whatever, and it only lets the average player see 25% of the story and as such most people have no fucking idea what's going on.

It's like Ion is really working for Squeenix sometimes.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no doubt some of this is true. But i also can guess quite a bit of it is straight lies or revenge. Also 100% sure flirting, grab assing, rubbing against each other, long hugs etc were done by both sexes the entire time, especially if it was low on totem pole girl > supervisor male. More so all the vultures coming out of the woodwork to say "oh this happened to me too" now is most likely false.

I honestly thought people learned by now to treat people at work like they all have the plague. Never get too friendly. Never be alone if you are in any kind of supervisor position. And NEVER date at the workplace. Because all it takes is 1 bad break up/rejection and now the other party wants revenge and will just make up shit to ruin your life. And today's society only needs accusations to take action, never proof.

Also what kind of workplace of a huge ass corporation like this lets people get drunk at work or even a work event(like a convention you are working at)? Drunk people do very stupid things, news at 11. Why you would allow that at all is beyond me.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Weee bit of a difference between someone making something up about you to get you fired, and someone talking about something you happily showed the entire internet.
She only has an associates degree. And looks like she started a dog walking business that shut down and now she just lives with her husband doing nothing and trying to cuck him on dating apps

It does look like the hired girls for eye candy and its biting them in the ass now.
l o l and this cunt talked such a gigantic game about how experienced she was in tech. Absolutely shocked that turned out not to be the case.

• 1Like