World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The primary thing that I have taken away from the recent developments in this thread is that I am very surprised mass shootings aren't a daily occurrence. Reading these Twitter links makes me wonder how these people manage to tie their shoes without having a nervous breakdown and blowing their brains out.

because most of it is just weak attention seeking bullshit. Just like a couple of years ago when the whole "I'm a streamer thot and I got raped at some con" thing blew up for a couple of weeks. And just in a few days it went from serious accusations to "he looked at me and I felt harassed" to some blatant made us shit because they all wanted attention. Wasn't there some chick who accused some streamer dude of basically raping her but he had tons of proof that nothing happened and posted it online for everyone to see and then she deleted all her tweets where she accused him and issued an half-assed apology citing she was in a bad place mentally but he decided to sue her. And then he was attacked by the metoo mob for providing evidence of his innocence. I can't remember their names but I know the story was also posted here in some thread at that time

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
because most of it is just weak attention seeking bullshit. Just like a couple of years ago when the whole "I'm a streamer thot and I got raped at some con" thing blew up for a couple of weeks. And just in a few days it went from serious accusations to "he looked at me and I felt harassed" to some blatant made us shit because they all wanted attention. Wasn't there some chick who accused some streamer dude of basically raping her but he had tons of proof that nothing happened and posted it online for everyone to see and then she deleted all her tweets where she accused him and issued an half-assed apology citing she was in a bad place mentally but he decided to sue her. And then he was attacked by the metoo mob for providing evidence of his innocence. I can't remember their names but I know the story was also posted here in some thread at that time
this is the internet (now). for some reason everyone is given equal credibility. when in reality most people are dumber than dogshit and everyone is lying to present some fake persona for the benefit of themselves only. especially the people whose income is tied to anything social media/internet related.

at least in "real life" you can cut through the fat pretty quickly and see who walks the walk, or you are able to tell if someone is full of shit the first minute speaking with them

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
we just wanted good games but now all we have are dorks tweeting shit about other dorks from 10+ years ago in an attempt to get some spotlight

this sucks.

it's all gradeschool shit which it seems none of the people involved have ever graduated past
So... par for the course in clown world?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I remeber that shit. Whole bunch of streamers got cancelled. Some in WoW, like shifty, some in Destiny 2 even got hit with accusations. Dont remember the names. again attention whores for their 5 min of fame, only to ruin someone fucking career. I hope cunts like that rot in hell.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Drama is making it to non-gaming meme accounts:

Have these people been cancelled yet?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I was that girl, I'd definitely keep the letter.

Imagine rejecting this awkward 30 something manchild who has a more senior position than you, and then having to constantly look over your shoulder for the duration of your entire time there in case he goes off the deep end and decides to fuck you by spreading rumors about you, or trying to get you fired in retaliation.

Yeah, I'd definitely keep the letter as insurance.
I would guess that at the time the letter and tweet was made, neither of the individuals worked at Blizz anymore? I can see keeping for insurance while it was relevant, but after a certain point keeping seems almost as creepy as the letter itself.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I would guess that at the time the letter and tweet was made, neither of the individuals worked at Blizz anymore? I can see keeping for insurance while it was relevant, but after a certain point keeping seems almost as creepy as the letter itself.

Given how worn the letter is, it seems like she got the letter a few years ago when they both worked at Blizz.

Its not like she just got it last month.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, years ago. I'm not defending whoever wrote the letter, I'm just saying the lady who kept it, then posted it is someone I'd not want to know.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't followed this debacle, so I'm not referring to this case specifically.

However, my entire opinion on the harassment and allegations claims made by women took a drastic turn once I entered the sports and entertainment realm.

4 to 5 nights a week, every week, we would have some of the hottest women in the city down in the " family " room waiting on the pro athletes to come select the local flavor of the night. There would be constant bickering and squabbling among the rabble about " who is with who's man", slapping..hair pulling etc.

These same bitches trying to get some pro athletes sperm would then be there the very next night trying to get on Stevie Wonders dick. They didn't give a shit. They all wanted a free meal ticket. The minute one of them was spurned from the litter or not chosen as the ho of the night, they went apeshit.

Cameras were set up everywhere just to protect whatever celebrities happened to be there from any sort of allegations. What happened off property, wasn't our issue..but was the players / teams etx.

Same shit with the Harvey Weinstein nonsense. Did he use quid pro quo? Probably. Did the girls throw themselves at him knowing that if they offered favors, it would likely benefit their career? Most likely.

Amazing how the whole rape and harrased culture of people never speak up when they are benefiting from it. Only after they have lost their status that they gained, do they then complain about shit that happened 10 years ago for example.

If Furor did something wrong, fine..hold him accountable. But I can also see a cult following of a ton of woman that would throw themselves on the top of the pile to be with a top blizz dev and all the perks that came with it.

With today's society having immediate access to video / audio recording at an instant notice, and the supposed common place occurrence of these events happening all the time, you'd think one of them would have recorded some sort of evidence if it was unwanted....and not most likely consensual.

For fucks sakes, we have people that can live stream a drive by on Facebook live.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats the thing that gets me. If there is actual verbal sexual harassment in the office you would think one of these smart blue hairs would have the idea to hit record on their cell phone and put it in their pocket when all this supposed harassment was happening. Or leave it on their desk face down, in the purse, whatever. I mean who knows, maybe there are such recordings out there and they are being saved for the courts. I mean everyone in that office had a hand held recording device in hand.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently they removed the /spit emote from the current PTR. If true holy shit is the world full of thin skinned faggots.
I actually logged onto the TBC PTR to check this because it seems really stupid and you're right. Blizz is dumb.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Only after they have lost their status that they gained, do they then complain about shit that happened 10 years ago for example.
So all this started to bubble up from the swamp only after WoW started going downhill? Two years ago was the BfA fallout, so I guess it makes sense.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The current state of WoW, condensed into one screenshot:
WoWScrnShot_052521_001137.jpg

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Who would have thought that people in gaming were a bunch of poorly socialized weirdos?

• 1Worf

Fartblog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ninja transferred from FoH in TBC after riding coattails to a bunch of loot. Alex put a permanent -15% damage penalty on my account and Lori sent threats via emails + handwritten letters to the P.O. box listed on my account. Who's dick do I suck to get added to this lawsuit? See y'all in the post-subpoena docs from this forum btw. Common knowledge Alex has been posting here the whole time.
Hail Fartbox

• 1Worf