World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can buy and sell a WoW Token for gold and buy boosts.
You can do that, but you'll still lose, because you still suck. So yeah, you can pay to get gear that won't actually make you win. P2GGTWAMUW.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
You can do that, but you'll still lose, because you still suck
In the minds of the ones buying boosts it doesn't matter. They get their shiny achievement and the mount, which are of course all time-limited.

So Blizzard is fueling the FOMO themselves, making quite a bit of money in the process.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In the minds of the ones buying boosts it doesn't matter. They get their shiny achievement and the mount, which are of course all time-limited.

So Blizzard is fueling the FOMO themselves, making quite a bit of money in the process.
But who cares? People are not actually paying to win, the gear does not give them some magical power to win over other people who actually earned their gear.

The booster ads are ridiculous and annoying but there's mods that get rid of them, if you're really into that.

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Well, that didn't take long:

sigh.png

1630193594385.png

How they still haven't issued a social media policy is beyond me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
People are not actually paying to win
Please keep up with the conversation. It has been explained to you repeatedly that PvP boosting is a thing, and people in sub 2k brackets were wrecked by two multiglads boosting a third guy, and that PvP scaling is so whack that you sometimes just get one-shotted.

It has also been repeatedly stated (by different people no less) that it has been more and more difficult to find "normal" groups, because the non-boosting playerbase evaporated over time. Some people cling to the "I'll pay for a boost to +15, so I can find groups again", and some just quit.

These are the death throes usually seen in dying Korean MMOs, where it's just a circlejerk between boosters and boostees.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Please keep up with the conversation. It has been explained to you repeatedly that PvP boosting is a thing, and people in sub 2k brackets were wrecked by two multiglads boosting a third guy, and that PvP scaling is so whack that you sometimes just get one-shotted.

It has also been repeatedly stated (by different people no less) that it has been more and more difficult to find "normal" groups, because the non-boosting playerbase evaporated over time. Some people cling to the "I'll pay for a boost to +15, so I can find groups again", and some just quit.

These are the death throes usually seen in dying Korean MMOs, where it's just a circlejerk between boosters and boostees.
People who don't even play this game telling me, someone who PvPs regularly, how PvP works in this game.

• 2Moron
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People who don't even play this game telling me, someone who PvPs regularly, how PvP works in this game.
So how long have you been either posting as Mist, Ion, or have been rubbing your large manly clit against Ion’s large manly clit?

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Mist your brain is busted as fuck. Nothing you do or say ever makes any goddamn sense or is based on any level of logic. All we know is everything you touch makes you miserable. Your job is shit you tell us all the time, your mom is shit, your life is shit, the game you play to escape it is shit, and nobody understands why it's shit or has it bad as you. I call you eeyore for a reason, but shit you might be a Tranny on the way to join the 41% club with how bad it all is.

eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif

• 2Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist your brain is busted as fuck. Nothing you do or say ever makes any goddamn sense or is based on any level of logic. All we know is everything you touch makes you miserable. Your job is shit you tell us all the time, your mom is shit, your life is shit, the game you play to escape it is shit, and nobody understands why it's shit or has it bad as you. I call you eeyore for a reason, but shit you might be a Tranny on the way to join the 41% club with how bad it all is.

eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif
My mom died over 3 years ago and I got a fantastic new job in February. WoW is a game with problems, but nowhere near as many problems as people who post on forums and don't actually play the game seem to think it has.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why exactly do you think we stopped playing the game? We check up on it to see if it's turned a corner and all we see is it's getting worse

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
In my experience its better to buy from a gold distributor. The WoW Tokens aren't viable if you need a decent amount for alts.
I think that a small minority risking their character and card details on a dodgey website is quite different from everyone being able to do it easily and risk free.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't have any math off hand to support it right now, other than the shock when I looked into WoW Tokens myself. I just can't see any serious booster doing WoW Tokens outside of some big whales. The type of huge end game boosting people discuss here are almost assuredly not WoW Token boosts. It's just not that economically viable.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't have any math off hand to support it right now, other than the shock when I looked into WoW Tokens myself. I just can't see any serious booster doing WoW Tokens outside of some big whales. The type of huge end game boosting people discuss here are almost assuredly not WoW Token boosts. It's just not that economically viable.
There's always been a bit of boosting at the end of raid tiers but hasn't it become a huge thing now? Why is that?

You also need to consider the amount of money whales spend on shitty mobile games and their items, it makes no sense but people do spend.