World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rude

Potato del Grande
Don't go blaming their complete failure of designing good content or a robust system for 9.+ on 'pronoun people'.

That's the same kinda bullshit thinking that got us here in the first place: "Oh if we just get rid of <thing neckbeards don't like> we will be good to go!'

• 7Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Goonsquad Officer
The purple hairs emphasizes that they are drafting from a pool of retards on purpose. They arnt after talent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Don't go blaming their complete failure of designing good content or a robust system for 9.+ on 'pronoun people'.

That's the same kinda bullshit thinking that got us here in the first place: "Oh if we just get rid of <thing neckbeards don't like> we will be good to go!'

Fuck you I blame everything on pronoun people and so far I have 100% success rate of accuracy.

• 7Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I always blame bad design on bad design.

Whomever comes up with that bad design seems to be consistent in coming up with bad design.

I'm sure there's a statistical analysis of what attributes of a person come up with bad designs. Maybe Amazon could be used to figure that out like they magically get Football stats each game.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Typically the pronoun people are way more interested in a political message than actually designing anything. I see this shit at work too often. Oh actual work has to be done and not just bitching about injustice because there are deadlines and shareholders expect shit done? The pronoun people magically disappear or make up drama about some perceived slight.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malkav

French Madman
I hate it when BoozeCube is right.

1633160606586.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 7 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 375323
Typical worthless liberal retard. Makes it all about feels and himself being a martyr and not about how such changes make the game better in a measurable quantifiable way and why its important to prioritize those changes over other needed changes/improvements.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman
I can't wait to see their next quarterly report and the reaction of the shareholders.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 375323
The big fallacy here is: "If you support the devs of games". I don't want to "support the devs" period. I don't have any obligation to. That is an appeal to emotion and not a rational argument.

Here's how I would fix WoW:
  • Create new WoW 2 project internally
  • Move everyone with a blue checkmark on Twitter to that project
  • Hire a lot of sith lords to take over WoW 1
  • Wait for a year
  • Cancel WoW 2 project because it under-performed and fire everyone on the WoW 2 team

• 6Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Vote with your wallet. Make game content not gender reassignment npcs.

Make shareholders riot.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I swear the devs not actually playing their own game is one of the biggest problems in the persistent/online/games as service space. Too many times I see the pronoun people are into game dev as a job, not a passion. Not always true though, of course.

These asshats are partly just trying to put an “I worked on WoW” sticker on their google application. At least Ion actually plays (or did anyway). I halfway think this is Kotick’s way to shutdown the game and start assfucking it’s corpse.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I swear the devs not actually playing their own game is one of the biggest problems in the persistent/online/games as service space. Too many times I see the pronoun people are into game dev as a job, not a passion. Not always true though, of course.

These asshats are partly just trying to put an “I worked on WoW” sticker on their google application. At least Ion actually plays (or did anyway). I halfway think this is Kotick’s way to shutdown the game and start assfucking it’s corpse.

This is a problem for sure, but it's also not a problem. See those reviewers that couldn't play Doom and gave it a shit rating, you have to hire people that have specific traits which seem harder and harder to find these days. Rarely do I see people with these traits at companies I've worked for, they are rare and a dying breed. I mainly believe this to be due to people creating products as cheaply as possible and selling them for as much as they can, there is no longer pride in work or a desire to make an excellent product.

Traits needed in an employee for a product to succeed.

1. Competence
- People can fix things all day, but if they don't understand why they are being fixed they can't see any other faults or potential improvements with the fix. They simply make the change being asked for and don't think how it can affect other aspects of the end product.

2. Passion
- If you don't give two shits about what you're doing or creating then you are doomed to make something mediocre or cut corners just to get it done. Especially if all you care about in the world are politics, perceived slights and injustices. This has plagued companies way before the last 10 years and those kinds of people always drag down progress and demoralize other employees.

3. Drive & Pride
- Wanting to make a good product and having the drive to do so is a huge trait which I don't see anymore. Rarely do I see people like me that want to make an excellent product, something that defines a genre. Not some cheaply made piece of garbage that pads the pockets of those at the top and creates tons of problems and work for those at the bottom. The last 5 companies I've worked for didn't care if their product was good or not, just that they were making money. Especially when small changes could make huge impacts on the product.

4. Ability to collaborate and take criticism and open to changes/ideas
- I've met many people who simply cannot take criticism, many were brilliant engineers but their ego could not handle being wrong. Even when shown they were wrong they'd be completely upset about it and go about sabotaging/bringing down the project. Sometimes people simply have better ideas than you, we had some incredible ideas from lower level employees that made great strides in product design. That doesn't mean they are always right, but if you cant' work together with others, concede points and take it lightly then they may not be right for the project.

Seeing what is left at Blizzard it's obvious the cancer has won and they will slowly steer the ship into the rocks. I'd like to be wrong here, but it seems inevitable at this point with the priority of changes taking place and the direction the company has been going since the end of WotLK. It also speaks volumes about the upper management that they're allowing them to continue this course. They're either trying to keep from getting ass rammed by the state, are incompetent and think these types of devs can right the ship or both. My money would be on both seeing all the types of people that have failed to the top at every company I've worked for. Most companies seem completely saturated with these types of employees.

It really sucks seeing them run the game into the ground, and the lack of good games/MMOs in general the last few years. Thousands of games on Steam/Epic/Origin and I can't be bothered to play most of them. Hell, games we played the shit out of in 1999 are STILL at the top of the steam charts because they simply can't come up with new/good ideas. It really is a dark age of gaming.

Last edited:
  • 4Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is a problem for sure, but it's also not a problem. See those reviewers that couldn't play Doom and gave it a shit rating, you have to hire people that have specific traits which seem harder and harder to find these days. Rarely do I see people with these traits at companies I've worked for, they are rare and a dying breed. I mainly believe this to be due to people creating products as cheaply as possible and selling them for as much as they can, there is no longer pride in work or a desire to make an excellent product.

Traits needed in an employee for a product to succeed.

1. Competence
- People can fix things all day, but if they don't understand why they are being fixed they can't see any other faults or potential improvements with the fix. They simply make the change being asked for and don't think how it can affect other aspects of the end product.

2. Passion
- If you don't give two shits about what you're doing or creating then you are doomed to make something mediocre or cut corners just to get it done. Especially if all you care about in the world are politics, perceived slights and injustices. This has plagued companies way before the last 10 years and those kinds of people always drag down progress and demoralize other employees.

3. Drive & Pride
- Wanting to make a good product and having the drive to do so is a huge trait which I don't see anymore. Rarely do I see people like me that want to make an excellent product, something that defines a genre. Not some cheaply made piece of garbage that pads the pockets of those at the top and creates tons of problems and work for those at the bottom. The last 5 companies I've worked for didn't care if their product was good or not, just that they were making money. Especially when small changes could make huge impacts on the product.

4. Ability to collaborate and take criticism and open to changes/ideas
- I've met many people who simply cannot take criticism, many were brilliant engineers but their ego could not handle being wrong. Even when shown they were wrong they'd be completely upset about it and go about sabotaging/bringing down the project. Sometimes people simply have better ideas than you, we had some incredible ideas from lower level ideas that made great strides in product design. That doesn't mean they are always right, but if you cant' work together with others, concede points and take it lightly then they may not be right for the project.

Seeing what is left at Blizzard it's obvious the cancer has won and they will slowly steer the ship into the rocks. I'd like to be wrong here, but it seems inevitable at this point with the priority of changes taking place and the direction the company has been going since the end of WotLK. It also speaks volumes about the upper management that they're allowing them to continue this course. They're either trying to keep from getting ass rammed by the state, are incompetent and think these types of devs can right the ship or both. My money would be on both seeing all the types of people that have failed to the top at every company I've worked for. Most companies seem completely saturated with these types of employees.

It really sucks seeing them run the game into the ground, and the lack of good games/MMOs in general the last few years. Thousands of games on Steam/Epic/Origin and I can't be bothered to play most of them. Hell, games we played the shit out of in 1999 are STILL at the top of the steam charts because they simply can't come up with new/good ideas. It really is a dark age of gaming.

Sounds like you want meritocracy because you are a systematically racist white supremacist.

Things like passion, showing up to work on time, skill level these aren't needed in a diverse environment built on equity. I bet you didn't even chop your dick off today.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Vote with your wallet. Make game content not gender reassignment npcs.

Make shareholders riot.
This

Any of you cocksuckers on this forum who still pay for blizzard games despite all this turbo libshit faggotry having been ramped up to 11 has no fucking say in shit.

Bunch of battered housewives hooked up on meth hoping this time he won’t beat the shit out of you when he comes home.

I’m sure they do all this beccause they love and care for you retards.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
$100 says these faggots don't even play their own game. Also in typical libshit fashion they forget the game is made for the customers not for some pronoun afirmity action hire queers ego who is riding the tail coats of people who made the game.
I'm sure that they think that they do, probably hyper casual riding around on faggot mount recolours a few hours a week and not max level for the SJWS, or testing raids with devtool created characters for the bosses.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
The only ones who really play the game are the raid encounter design team, and it shows since its consistently been the best part of the game regardless of any of the inane crap going on elsewhere in it. Encounters are typically varied and unique. The rest of them sure don't feel like they do. I want to watch the person who designed SL world quests to sit down and be forced to do the 10,000 of them for the achievement then say they are FUN.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

How far does Blizzard on a resume even go in 2021. I guess it's good "work experience". But after the Call of Duty and crawling under desks lawsuit I figure it means mud there beyond 2021.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How far does Blizzard on a resume even go in 2021. I guess it's good "work experience". But after the Call of Duty and crawling under desks lawsuit I figure it means mud there beyond 2021.
Shit if I worked at Blizzard my new resume would just be a picture of Bill Cosby