World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well that's a very valid point. The Shadowlands are a silly broken thing. I had actually hoped the Jailer would prove to be the hero of the piece and in breaking the Shadowlands provide a better overall universe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
they should have had The Jailer be Tichondrius the Dreadlord leader and Shadowlands be the Dreadlord homeworld where he's usurped the flow of souls for whatever reason.

While your idea would of course be better than whatever random thing Danuser throws darts at, they already exploded the Dreadlord homeworld (Nathreza) in Legion prologue stories. Illidan invaded their homeworld with his Illdari, stole the Sargerite Keystone and used it to open portals all over the place that fractured the planet (kind of what happened to Draenor to become Outland when Ner'zhul opened too many portals.)

Also I believe we killed Tichondrius for good during Legion, and since they created the rule that killing demons in a fel-saturated area makes them permadead (IE : Broken Shore, Argus, etc...), I guess he's gone too.

I'd say they painted themselves in a corner with this, but then again it's pretty obvious Legion WAS the last chapter of the Legion and the overall story started since Warcraft III, and this Shadowlands retcon bullshit is just trying to squeeze more fluids out of the dead horse.

After all the Old God emphasis in BFA, N'zoth invading the world in several zones, prophecies of the Old Gods returning, this REALLY should have been a Black Empire-focused expansion instead of this cosmic undeath bullshit that lacks creativity (Here's Heavenland, Doomland, Castlevanialand and Nightelfland, so original). Imagine N'zoth reaching deep enough into the world through the Silithus Wound to reach the core of Azeroth and gaining enough energy to bring back the other Old Gods that were dormant. You'd have more zones invaded (a good way to remake some older zones that need upgrades, like they remade Arathi entirely in BFA for instance, but with always the choice between phases through bronze dragon npcs). You'd have players going back to existing continents so you don't need a whole new continent to develop, instead just remake some zones or add new ones since you'd have Yogg-Saron reemerging from Ulduar in Northrend, C'thun come out of Ahn'Qiraj, you could have N'zoth emerge from Nazjatar, and Y'shaarj would remain dead but you'd have new Sha emerging from Pandaria. This would make a good mix of various atmospheres since you could have icy environments, warm environments, lush environments, with a huge bestiary of corrupted void creatures, and endless possibilities to modify zones with the Old God architecture we barely got a glimpse of in ONE RAID. You'd have finally the possibily to create the honest-to-god Azjol'Nerub they scrapped during WotLK development, to act as a hub for players and the nerubian rebels that resist the will of Yogg-Saron... you'd have maybe the new Mantid Empress trying to resist the call of the Sha and we have to help the mantids, though they have their own sub-faction of fanatics that would attack us. The Qiraji would be all evil but you could have another war effort to shut the Scarab Gate again and a remake of the Ahn'Qiraj raid entirely remade in a new raid dungeon with new assets and bosses that would lead to kill C'thun for good with a new McGuffin that makes him really dead we swear this time. I'm sure Xal'atath (or whatever it's called, the shadow priest dagger / Old God chick) would also play an important part into the overarching story after all the hints and clues.

Shadowlands will always feel to me like the missed opportunity after BFA's foundations.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Lol wow lore, you guys can try and shine that turd all you want but that ship sailed about 16 years ago with space goats.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Lol wow lore, you guys can try and shine that turd all you want but that ship sailed about 16 years ago with space goats.

Not sure why I bother, but Eredar were already space goats as far back as Warcraft III... they had horns, hooves, and we went to another planet to fight them.

So they've been in the story since 2002 when Warcraft III came out. The only retcon they did in Burning Crusade was reveal the Broken on Outland are in fact devolved Draenei that are a sub-faction of Eredar that fled their homeworld when the Legion invaded Argus. They didn't give them horns and hooves or make them be from space in WoW.

Goonsquad Officer
man my mind immediately flashed to that YTMND page of the starcraft carrier in space being shot with a laser and they go "oh no, we'll crash into azeroth! lol"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
man my mind immediately flashed to that YTMND page of the starcraft carrier in space being shot with a laser and they go "oh no, we'll crash into azeroth! lol"

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
While your idea would of course be better than whatever random thing Danuser throws darts at, they already exploded the Dreadlord homeworld (Nathreza) in Legion prologue stories. Illidan invaded their homeworld with his Illdari, stole the Sargerite Keystone and used it to open portals all over the place that fractured the planet (kind of what happened to Draenor to become Outland when Ner'zhul opened too many portals.)
Is that the Demon Hunter starter area or just a short story on the website?

It is INSANE how many player anticipated expansion concepts have been thrown away in stories outside of the game or in single dungeons/zones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

It is INSANE how many player anticipated expansion concepts have been thrown away in stories outside of the game or in single dungeons/zones.
DH starting quests iirc, I did that when I played a bit during BFA, start on some weird ass planet. That said it could still have been an exploded planet with floating continents and shit, since it worked ok for Outlands.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

DH starting quests iirc, I did that when I played a bit during BFA, start on some weird ass planet. That said it could still have been an exploded planet with floating continents and shit, since it worked ok for Outlands.

No, the Demon Hunter starting zone is Mardum, a barren world that Sargeras used as a prison for demons early in his mission to purify the universe. Later when he was corrupted he shattered the planet to release the demons to start his crusade.

Nathreza's destruction is detailed in the book "Illidan", and in Chronicles volume 3.

I agree that important events should never be limited to a book, they should be in-game and then expanded upon in other media for people interested in more detail.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a hard time believing people just didnt skip over all this dialogue. The only reason I think most people know about shit in this expansion is cause its trannies here, woman driver there, faggot succubus over there and its getting a lot of press for all the wrong reasons. All I was hoping from Space Goats is that we were going down the road to meet up with the Starcraft Universe so they would start World of Starcraft or some shit.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
World of Starcraft

My feeling on this issue.

267y5u.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pelagos does not even make sense from the Kyrian story. The only thing Pelagos does/is known for is being a coward/unreliable, always needing reassurances and help from everyone else... so that is who is going to preside over all of life/death? Yeah, good luck with that.

It seems like they intended it to be Sylvanas, but every fan has been saying they 'saw that coming', so Steve Danuser (narrative lead of the game) decided to 'subvert expectations'. Seriously, this is the guy who claimed to love the final season of Game of Thrones and claimed the ending was perfect. How could we expect anything else? Instead of Bran the Broken, we get Pelagos the Transgendered as our figurehead.

If they wanted something other than Sylvanas, they should have gone with Uther. Someone who has had character development, is a known figure from lore, and people actually have some sort of connection with.

It makes me think the leak about punishing the Sylvanas book author is true.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the upside fence sitters can forget 9.2 now. Pelagos and a gay succubus

Small point of personal privilege:
A male is a Incubus and it will just be a glyph, so it's whatever. I may skip 9.2, but I will buy at least 6 months for 9.3 (maybe a few shop items as well, hell, will probably buy WC3R and D2R, while I'm in the shop interface)!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why I bother, but Eredar were already space goats as far back as Warcraft III... they had horns, hooves, and we went to another planet to fight them.

So they've been in the story since 2002 when Warcraft III came out. The only retcon they did in Burning Crusade was reveal the Broken on Outland are in fact devolved Draenei that are a sub-faction of Eredar that fled their homeworld when the Legion invaded Argus. They didn't give them horns and hooves or make them be from space in WoW.
Kind of, TBC was a massive retcon to Warcraft's story up to that point. iirc before TBC Draenei didnt exist, there was simply Eredar(and they corrupted Sargeras not vice versa) not from outland, and "the broken" an entirely separate race from outland you encounter in WC3/TFT. TBC comes along and goes actually there is a rebel faction of Eredar called the Draenei flying around the universe in spaceships that escaped Sargeras corrupting them.

It seems like they intended it to be Sylvanas, but every fan has been saying they 'saw that coming', so Steve Danuser (narrative lead of the game) decided to 'subvert expectations'. Seriously, this is the guy who claimed to love the final season of Game of Thrones and claimed the ending was perfect. How could we expect anything else? Instead of Bran the Broken, we get Pelagos the Transgendered as our figurehead.
Everything wrong with WoW's writing summed up in one picture;

1637437596082.png

This guy literally idolizes his waifu at work in public to the entire world;

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Kind of, TBC was a massive retcon to Warcraft's story up to that point. iirc before TBC Draenei didnt exist, there was simply Eredar(and they corrupted Sargeras not vice versa) not from outland, and "the broken" an entirely separate race from outland you encounter in WC3/TFT. TBC comes along and goes actually there is a rebel faction of Eredar called the Draenei flying around the universe in spaceships that escaped Sargeras corrupting them.

Everything wrong with WoW's writing summed up in one picture;

View attachment 383575

This guy literally idolizes his waifu at work in public to the entire world;

Draenai existed and were called Draenai in the Warcraft 3 expansion, they just all looked like the Lost Ones in Swamp of Sorrows because they lived in a nuclear wasteland after Draenor was ripped apart in the Warcraft 2 expansion. You could assume that they had an original form.

The retcon was that their original form was blue Eredar demons and that they had a half corrupted Broken One form which Akama retroactively was even though he looked like a Lost One in Warcraft 3.

We didn't know much about Eredar or Draenai so that was fine for me honestly.

Dimension travelling castles looking too much like spaceships, then in Legion actually being spaceships was the huge mistake.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
it felt like an utter retcon that they used the model for...archaemond? and then made the draenai look like that, after already showing us drenai. why didn't they just call them Archaemans and make a new race instead of shuffling names around then pretending you didn't do it?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1637448115962.png

Alright, worth 20 bucks or not.

edit - there are no new allied races, no new classes and Demon Hunters are still only Blood Elf Night Elf right?

• 2Dislike