World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here are all these orcs on this planet, stuck basically in the medieval period which in comparison to the Draenei were basically cave men with sticks and stones. Meanwhile this super advanced, space traveling goat race crash lands on their planet. Some make a shitty deal, some dont, regardless - they somehow lost all their technological progress over night and are now slaves. Then, in Legion, they have the ability to craft a world destroyer class space ship and... use it for fuck all. A three year old could write a better origin story than this.

Who cares what they look like - the lost ones and that whole "idea" reminds me of the crack heads we dealt with in Legion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 383610

Alright, worth 20 bucks or not.

edit - there are no new allied races, no new classes and Demon Hunters are still only Blood Elf Night Elf right?
It's not worth it, the game is fundamentally broken in terms of the story experience and the amount of levelling/endgame content. It's a lot smaller game than it was before the level squish.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not worth it, the game is fundamentally broken in terms of the story experience and the amount of levelling/endgame content. It's a lot smaller game than it was before the level squish.

That really is too bad. I showed up to Legion after it was all over and ended up having quite a bit of fun derping about.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That really is too bad. I showed up to Legion after it was all over and ended up having quite a bit of fun derping about.
I did the same the month before BfA, Legion was pretty great though I missed all the artifact stuff then BfA was kinda boring in comparison but fine.

If you have a WoW itch I'd suggest playing BfA if you haven't already but here's the thing, you can't on your main. BfA is now scaled to lv10-50 and your post Legion lv110 main will be lv45 so after a zone you'll be lv50 and not getting any progress from BfA which will feel terrible.

Also apparently playing old expansions on alts kicks you out at lv50 and a bunch of key story quests are removed including early Shadowlands story quests. So you can't even understand the Shadowlands story of you start now.

It's broken.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
The fuck?
The levelling pattern is now lv1-10 on starter island, lv10-50 in a single expansion of your choice and lv50-60 in Shadowlands.

All expansions before BfA are now in the past, on an alt you have to do them as "Chromie Time" which scales the old expansion to your level for lv10-50.

At lv50 you get forcibly ported to Shadowlands, if you go back to finish the expansion it'll be scaled to it's original level and squished.

So you could be doing TBC Shadowmoon Valley at lv49 with the zone scaled to lv49, hit lv50 and get ported out, then go back to finish the story and it's now a lv27 zone.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 383610

edit - there are no new allied races, no new classes and Demon Hunters are still only Blood Elf Night Elf right?
Yes, but Demon Hunters still go brrrr which kept me entertained for almost 2 full years (well, I took a 5 month break before Shadowlands) of this otherwise shitty game before I finally gave up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Meanwhile I've been doing some Stormblood stuff in FF14 levelling an alt job and doing the old endgame zone for transmog.

This is almost two expansions old and I can play it like it was released yesterday with meaningful challenge and reward because the level scaling in that game is perfect.

Best thing for any MMO player to be doing right now is prepping for FF14: Endwalker in two weeks.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
thats a lot of strange steps.
That's what happens if you insist on every single expansion making the others obsolete and having nothing to do whatsoever with the others.

You're not playing World of Warcraft, you're playing WoW1: Vanilla, WoW2: TBC, WoW3: WotLK, ... Wow8: BfA, WoW9: Shadowlands.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
View attachment 383610

Nah.

The zones suck.

The story sucks.

Character progression sucks. Like...all of it.

All the systems suck.

This is the first xpac that I didn't get past friendly on any faction.

• 1Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
This guy literally idolizes his waifu at work in public to the entire world;
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but guess what he has planned for his waifu:

1637484984962.png

1637485058251.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Oh oh, and then she marries Magni and they have little dwarf-elf crystal god children, just as they'd been planning ever since introducing Sylvanas in Warcraft 3.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wouldn't the forsaken totally fuck off from the horde the moment weeb waifu was no longer warchief. Soyjack writer should be fired along side Ion. Really though at this point who fucking cares, there are better games out there with better stories. Blizzard in 20 years has made only 3 IPs worth a shit, Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo the guy who brought those IPs into existence is no longer the company.

They have abandoned the real time strategy genre, they screwed themselves on the moba genre, they have jumped the shark on the MMO genre, they got smoked in the ARPG genre, what is everyone holding out for from them?

20 years was a good run but it's time to left Sparky rest in peace, he was a good dog, I too remember the days of throwing the ball with him, but now he's in pain and shits himself, it's cruel of you to try and make him do more, the best thing for both of you it to accept reality and put him to sleep.

5CNGZoE82CLx.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 8 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
LOLOLOLOLOL Man when I think World of Warcraft can't get any dumber these stupid faggots go and show you a new level of stupid you never knew existed.

This was the new Warlock set, well the SJW's complained that this was a KKK set and white supremacy blah blah American Inventors and shit you know the drill. Of course people like the cuck lord faggot dicknuts and evitel were immediately on this train because if anyone knows about the KKK it's Euorfags. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Goddamn I can't even anymore holy shit.

1040282.jpg

Cracking Up Lol GIF
Cracking Up Lol GIF
Cracking Up Lol GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
That tweet from the warcraft team is real bro. Check again.

Wasn't replying to you. Bro.

I've seen that KKK hat controversy, it's silly but if I have to choose I'd rather people crusade against pointy KKK hats than turn women paintings into bowls of fruits. Small victories and all.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wasn't replying to you. Bro.

I've seen that KKK hat controversy, it's silly but if I have to choose I'd rather people crusade against pointy KKK hats than turn women paintings into bowls of fruits. Small victories and all.

Not sure how either is a victory. People see white supremacy in their fucking shadows at this point. It's far beyond retarded.

• 2Like