World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lol. That ending didn’t even move a synapse in my head. I actually thought all of legion’s cut scenes were good. I’ve been off WoW for about 1.75 xpacs now. I always figured it’d be one of my staples. I was naive enough to think blizzard couldn’t fall this far. WoD was probably as bad as this but somehow the zones felt good until it became garrison camping time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol. That ending didn’t even move a synapse in my head. I actually thought all of legion’s cut scenes were good. I’ve been off WoW for about 1.75 xpacs now. I always figured it’d be one of my staples. I was naive enough to think blizzard couldn’t fall this far. WoD was probably as bad as this but somehow the zones felt good until it became garrison camping time.
All the effort has gone into redeeming Sylvanas from Furor's alleged sabotage of the character.

There were 4? cinematics to redeem her, her defeat and ensouling, her inner struggle, her trial and her sentance.

Garrosh had zero cinematics for his trial and escape, it was in a book and it was the fucking half of the set up for WoD!

It would have been better to just kill her off after her raid fight and maybe one scene of her as a sad ghost in the maw or something, maybe kill her again in a solo fight there.

FF14 (yes I'm doing this again) had us fight one of the characters 3 times in Endwalker, because he had complex motives and backstory and we needed time to explore it. This was the 3rd most important antagonist of the expansion lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Next expansion is WoW: Dragonflight

Someone found this embedded in the .js on worldofwarcraft.com and many people have confirmed it (it's even still there now I think):

tVaKlAj.jpg

Leaked artwork from a tweet, it's since been deleted:

6P0ioZw.jpg

The fact that they covered Alexstraza up leads me to believe it's true.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So having the other leaders come to the Shadowlands at the end would seem to indicate there is not big time skip or etc shenanigans going on...and popping back and forth to the afterlife is just like taking a trip to the mall.

The Dragonflight leak seems too thorough to be a fake, and it does align with a bunch of the earlier leaks regarding Dragon Isles.

I suppose it might actually do something with the giant sword that was stabbed into the planet two expansions ago that no one seems to give two shits about.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Gallywix needs to make it into a theme park and charge gold to get in and see it. Make it an actual pay to enter instanced zone for true meta lulz.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Too little too late, WoW is dead retard tranny pig fuckers killed it. Hell they haven't even fired Ion and these dumb faggots think I am gonna buy their shitstick in a new box?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone excited for this is sharing the same brain receptors as a heroin addict that's been served too much cut.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they're switching to old EQ-style two unfinished expansions a year release cadence, since they know whoever is left is going to buy whatever they squeeze out anyway.

• 2Like

Cybsled

This next expansion will be the make or break one for the remaining playerbase. If it is more of the same as Shadowlands, then WoW is fucked and they will either just shit out half-baked xpacs and keep the game on life support, or you will see a massive massive shakeup in the developers.

They need less FOMO, more optional non-mandatory content, and stop trying to disguise lack of meaningful non-raid content behind long ass rep grinds.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This next expansion will be the make or break one for the remaining playerbase. If it is more of the same as Shadowlands, then WoW is fucked and they will either just shit out half-baked xpacs and keep the game on life support, or you will see a massive massive shakeup in the developers.

They need less FOMO, more optional non-mandatory content, and stop trying to disguise lack of meaningful non-raid content behind long ass rep grinds.

The next expansion? Goddamn once again the self professed streamer faggot with his thumb up his asshole. Let me break down for you turbotard. Everyone who made WoW content abandoned fucking ship already this piece of shit company and game is done, its dead, its dogshit, it ain't coming back.

The mythic raid of the current tier has under 10 guilds who have cleared in the heroic clears where in the sub 200 range. That's a dead game.

The next expansion could be Mother Mary's pussy juice and it couldn't revive this garbage.

• 1Pathetic

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The next expansion is supposed to be the bad one on the good expansion - bad expansion timeline.
Wrath of the Lich King good, Cataclysm bad, MoP good, Warlords of Draenor bad, Legion good, BfA bad... Shadowlands good?

Maybe nevermind.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

No. The make or break expansion was Shadowlands. BFA was an absolutely shitty expansion by all accounts and people generally hated it. Everyone came back for Shadowlands because people kept up the notion that WoW's expansion cycle always had one good, one bad. Shadowlands changed that and was just more bad. Even on these forums, multiple people kept citing that there were two development teams for expansions and we were going to get the 'good' one back for Shadowlands. Blizzard is no more and WoW is done with; it had a good run. Anyone whose paying attention to anything that they put out at this stage is absolutely insane or has some type of insane monetary investment forcing them to do so. It's still going to sell a lot of boxes but I would suspect we see some significant regression on that for the first time. This is coming from someone who played both BFA & Shadowlands a lot longer than most people as I genuinely enjoy M+.

Western MMOs as a whole are pretty much fucked; with the last hope there is from a AAA perspective being Riot. Blizzard is not capable of producing anything worth a shit anymore; the talent is gone and those that learned from the original talent are also gone. All that's left are the weirdos with blue hair trying to 'transform the Western audience's naive thoughts on what makes a good video game' with no actual talent.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Two leaks for the cinematic.

MMO Champ one in the OP sounds fucking awesome, too good to be real so fanfic being better than the professional devs again.

4chan one in the first post sounds boring so it's probably real.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll believe whichever one has a half dozen Dragonflight reputation bars to grind

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Those aren't leaks. Those are planted on 4chan to A/B test which way the community would swing, and what would generate more hype, as the extended length of content drought until the next expansion is coming up.

Yes, I believe they are this desperate. Like how they were desperate to pin the failed narrative of Shadowlands entirely on Afrasiabi, even when he wasn't even working there since BfA. But of course not officially, that would bring the chance to get sued for defamation. This was also done through 4chan, mmo-champion and "influencers," who gobbled this "my contacts at Blizzard told me" shit up without thinking.

Re: Shadowlands: "But we couldn't fix the path Sylvanas went when he let her burn Teldrassil!" Bullshit. They were entirely happy to sell the "bring back the war in Warcraft" hype to the playerbase witrh BfA, so any reason would do. Also, that's why people think they suck at writing, because they couldn't write themselves out of a situation like this.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

MMO Champ one in the OP sounds fucking awesome, too good to be real so fanfic being better than the professional devs again.

4chan one in the first post sounds boring so it's probably real.

Just when I think you couldn't get any more pathetic. You are sucking that Bliz cock ready to consume product.

d456515e6feb53e6546d0cc46c1237fc.gif