World of Warcraft: Current Year

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that Microsoft owns Blizzard, going to wait for the Xbox game pass version. If that's never, fine with me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just when I think you couldn't get any more pathetic. You are sucking that Bliz cock ready to consume product.

d456515e6feb53e6546d0cc46c1237fc.gif
I'm not playing it unless it somehow has 10/10 reviews.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe they'll bundle Microsoft Office with your WoW sub so that you can sim what gear to wear

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Re: Shadowlands: "But we couldn't fix the path Sylvanas went when he let her burn Teldrassil!" Bullshit. They were entirely happy to sell the "bring back the war in Warcraft" hype to the playerbase witrh BfA, so any reason would do. Also, that's why people think they suck at writing, because they couldn't write themselves out of a situation like this.
I really think their whole direction/writing/vision/whatever is a troll job at this point. Theyve shown they clearly dont care about continuity and having a world that makes sense yet they keep going off in the most retarded directions possible with the dumbest ideas instead of using that mentality to ignore past idiocy and go in a good direction.

This is probably gonna be some half assed xpac that tugs at the last few strings of memberberries people have about this IP. Member that awesome cutscene in wotlk? Member dragons? Member fighting Mylagos?

• 1Like

Cybsled

They’ll probably kill Alizstraza and then it will just be the junior squad left

Ysera being killed in a mid level leveling quest makes me think they’d have no issue doing that to finish off the last of the warders

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Gonna have the justice friends of good and light to save the day! With Baine, Jaina, and Anduin to lead the way and Wrathion will be a throw away character like Bolvar was in Shadowlands.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ysera being killed in a mid level leveling quest makes me think they’d have no issue doing that to finish off the last of the warders
That shit tier writing was jimmy rustling when I played through Legion. What was once a central character in WoW randomly dies while questing and no one at all cares, the least of which her demigod sister which supposedly loved her more than anything.

At least they made a cutscene for it.

• 1Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
That shit tier writing was jimmy rustling when I played through Legion. What was once a central character in WoW randomly dies while questing and no one at all cares, the least of which her demigod sister which supposedly loved her more than anything.

At least they made a cutscene for it.
Even worse was that the death was brought about by others characters ineptness, primarily Malfurion being so easily goaded into acting like an idiot. Characters who are supposedly tens of thousands of years old or some shit and they act like angsty teens.

If you are intent on killing off a major lore character and one that is loved by the player base then you best do it in a way that fits such a status.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Even worse was that the death was brought about by others characters ineptness, primarily Malfurion
That reminds me, at Syalvanas' trial Malfurion was nowhere to be seen but Maiev somehow made it to Shadowlands so they could have all female Night Elf faction leaders. Somehow they even made the Amazon race that was already mostly lesbian be SJW feminists.

They showed Anduin/Thrall briefly and maybe Greymane in the background lol. Also how are all these people getting to the afterlife?

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Getting to the afterlife is really easy, it's the getting back that's a bitch

• 2Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like how they were desperate to pin the failed narrative of Shadowlands entirely on Afrasiabi, even when he wasn't even working there since BfA. But of course not officially, that would bring the chance to get sued for defamation. This was also done through 4chan, mmo-champion and "influencers," who gobbled this "my contacts at Blizzard told me" shit up without thinking.

That was pretty entertaining to see when it happened. Influencers all started to talk about how evil Afrasiabi ruined Sylvanas the same week, some of them even adding up their own fake anecdotes about how they saw Afrasiabi at BlizzCon once and he had hooves and horns, barging out of women toilets with his flaming dick in his hands, "I knew there was something wrong with him uhhh".

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive only loosely paid attention to the lore in WoW. Of course I dont want the sexual orientation alphabet crammed down my throat while Im trying to play a game, but Im not going to pretend that the lore is what made me stop playing WoW. A writer couldnt develop a good story with how they set up the games development even if they were the next best thing since sliced bread. Budget cuts, developers changing things to their personal taste, project time lines, marketing, etc. etc. All that shit has came out in the past 2 years and its miraculous that the games lore isnt a thousand times worse than what it is.

• 1Truth!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I would use Chromie's Multiverse time travel power to fix this game.. Chromie sees the entire faggot shit show that is WoW decides to Back to the Future this bitch!!!

You wake up in a new expansion...

Hi random Sando_01, glad you are awake! We need more grunts for the front line.

Champion? What the fuck are you talking about...You ain't no goddamn champion

Jailer, Shadowlands, Gaint Sword in Azeroth, Garrosh a Demon!!!! Medic help this man I think he had a nightmare from the void.

Listen up gruntfaggot_13 shit just got real Arthas just set fire to all of Stratholme get on your fucking feet shit just got real.

Re-introducing the only story we ever wrote that didn't suck dick and balls. Re-Wrath of the Lich King 2: Electric Boogerloo

oju7i5ppjyr31.jpg

• 1Like

Cybsled

Nah, the real Wow reboot will be

-Big bad finally comes. It threatens to destroy all of Azeroth and the universe!
-The dreadlords summon a god named Kraidoz - the summoning is so powerful they have to sacrifice half their number to do it and now they want to sacrifice Azeroth to power their god!
-Anduin realizes that Kraidoz must be stopped, so he summons the embodiment of the light: Nyleadyh. The god of the light sunders the universe into multiple shards and shackles Kraidoz in a prison outside Azeroth
-You wake up on a cart being driven by an old orc with a beard

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The entire Warcraft Universe takes place in a construct created by the Xel'Naga of StarCraft. The WoW Universe then becomes reality in the StarCraft Universe merging the two Universes.

• 2Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
How many times have execs had to step in and tell Ion "No" when it came to him wanting to implement a new system. I fear for the next expac.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
How many times have execs had to step in and tell Ion "No" when it came to him wanting to implement a new system.
It may be the other way around: Marketing tells the devs they need to put "feature" on the box, so they have something to advertise with. And the dev team has to make that happen somehow. This is how you probably got warfronts and island expeditions.

Back during the golden days the devs would just say "fuck it" and cancel features that didn't work out, like the dance studio or flying battles.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ive only loosely paid attention to the lore in WoW. Of course I dont want the sexual orientation alphabet crammed down my throat while Im trying to play a game, but Im not going to pretend that the lore is what made me stop playing WoW. A writer couldnt develop a good story with how they set up the games development even if they were the next best thing since sliced bread. Budget cuts, developers changing things to their personal taste, project time lines, marketing, etc. etc. All that shit has came out in the past 2 years and its miraculous that the games lore isnt a thousand times worse than what it is.
Its doubly insane when you realize that mmos don't even need an in depth narrative. You can be lazily vague about everything because the game is about your character and your friends going on adventures in a larger world.

Dungeon masters playing tabletop for the past 50 years handwave and be vague about shit whenever it didn't benefit the campaign and this works fine to this day and carried on up to modern Wow... Where they fucked up something by doing something they didnt even need to do.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I probably already asked this somewhere, but how many hours can I expect Shadowlands to take in terms of leveling 50-60, doing the dungeons, and maybe running all the raids in LFR a couple times (doubt I'll have the item level to do much beyond that)?

Going Undead Affliction Warlock with a heroic character so I'll start at 50. No clue when I'm actually gonna do this, so just wondering how much time I need to budget in. I'm thinking like 80 hours?