World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Dailies gave them up until Timeless Isle, now they give coins for the vendor shit when you complete a quest.

HOWEVER, if you go to the area where the fuckin' frogs are, you can get 50 coins in like 10 minutes (assuming you kill fast enough...and remember they have that 10 stack insta kill poison debuff).
I'll go frogs when they aren't camped up. Now I usually kill those Ordos fuckers that give the faction along with rare farming. Rares can be good for 10 or more sometimes. I've also noticed that the first chest you grab in a week (like that one on the pillars towards the bottom of the Ordos hill) tends to give you 10-15ish. Whenever I get the time I try to farm up a couple hundred charms so that I don't have to again for a little while.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My main has a couple thousand lesser coins, yet I have to farm them on all my other characters. Annoying as shit that they arent account wide.

Without WoD being in beta, I wouldnt make a big shit pile about flying yet. Im sure it has something to do with tiered content, but I personally just cant wait to hear the LOLore spin that they are going to put on it if it goes live. Space Goats

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
wtf... legendary cloak, I knew it took 3k valor so I've been banking it for a few weeks now. Come to find out I have to earn 3k valor while I have the quest? This is bullshit, and pretty much killed my interest in the stupid cloak anyway. Ugh.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
wtf... legendary cloak, I knew it took 3k valor so I've been banking it for a few weeks now. Come to find out I have to earn 3k valor while I have the quest? This is bullshit, and pretty much killed my interest in the stupid cloak anyway. Ugh.
Used to be 6000 valor pts!

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Track it through the achievement.
SHIT! I just finished it on a second character a few weeks ago and had been dragging ass for quite a while since I had no idea how close I actually was. I'm finally on Runestones again for them, so next week starts the final cockblock leg of the quest. I just finished up my Pally cloak this week as well.

Also, fuck all of the people who couldn't be bothered to figure out how to even properly DPS on their fresh 90s. Healing that bunch of retards made me want to uninstall the goddamn game. Get your goddamn rotation figured out before jumping in LFR. Thankfully I tend to heal ToT, so I could just dump bad groups. I feel for the DPS who are just trying to get cloak quest items and are running ToT. Those queues...

Crone

SHIT! I just finished it on a second character a few weeks ago and had been dragging ass for quite a while since I had no idea how close I actually was. I'm finally on Runestones again for them, so next week starts the final cockblock leg of the quest. I just finished up my Pally cloak this week as well.
I was pretty bummed when I realized the 3k valor that I had banked was going to count for shit towards the quest.
frown.png
But I picked myself back up and got into a Flex 1 as Holy Pally, and picked up my first 540 gear.. protection, lol. Go go random chance outta the chests.

Then I hopped on my Hunter, and holy hell everything is just easier and feels more fun on the Hunter. I suppose going Ret on the paladin (i.e. DPS) would have the same effect, but was farming some Black Prince rep as Prot and it was terrible. Got to Honored for the first part of the quest and said F it. Got to Revered on the Hunter, and don't mind coming back for more!

Side note: Just remembered about the 522 gear from the Shado-Pan Assault guys. That'll be a nice boost to the ilvl!

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Then I hopped on my Hunter, and holy hell everything is just easier and feels more fun on the Hunter. I suppose going Ret on the paladin (i.e. DPS) would have the same effect, but was farming some Black Prince rep as Prot and it was terrible. Got to Honored for the first part of the quest and said F it. Got to Revered on the Hunter, and don't mind coming back for more!
Getting the rep for Exalted on my 538 Ele Shaman was hilariously easy on Isle of Thunder. Most everything was dead in 2-3 lightning bolts. Anything that gave 55 rep forced me to stand still and turret a bit, but they would be dead by the time they got close to me. I'm curious how the caster meta will help my DPS right now. Doing my weekly farm of TI for my warforged seals quest "felt" quicker occasionally when blowing up the gulp frogs.

Crone

Getting the rep for Exalted on my 538 Ele Shaman was hilariously easy on Isle of Thunder. Most everything was dead in 2-3 lightning bolts. Anything that gave 55 rep forced me to stand still and turret a bit, but they would be dead by the time they got close to me. I'm curious how the caster meta will help my DPS right now. Doing my weekly farm of TI for my warforged seals quest "felt" quicker occasionally when blowing up the gulp frogs.
Ya, I think any DPS would have been better than my 30k dps protection paladin trying to farm it. lol. But even in raids. DPS is more fun, for me than healing. Really was digging healing for a little while on my Paladin, but not so much anymore.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeesh, I ended up pre-ordering WoD, so i used my free boost on my tichondrius server hunter to get him the last couple levels + free professions.
I forgot how awfully unbalanced that server is for alliance. Timeless Isle was like 99% Horde ganking me and 1 other guy haha

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No flying is fine until the expansion matures, then it just becomes a huge pain in the ass.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
No flying is fine until the expansion matures, then it just becomes a huge pain in the ass.
Yeah, pretty much. It's fine while levelling your first character but once you reach that point there should be a nice, account-bound book you can buy for "X Weather Flying Lessons" for your alts.
Or just make the skill account-wide. Makeeverythingaccount-wide, including rep & currency.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, pretty much. It's fine while levelling your first character but once you reach that point there should be a nice, account-bound book you can buy for "X Weather Flying Lessons" for your alts.
Or just make the skill account-wide. Makeeverythingaccount-wide, including rep & currency.
I feel like they have someone on the Dev team thats spouting off "The Vision" when it comes to making everything account wide. Or maybe its because getting rid of those grinds would cut down on the amount of time players play the game. Though, I think I would play more if I didnt have these major time sinks that I know I have to slog through just to play another character... I was thinking the Legendary Cloak Quest wasnt able to be skipped on Alts because it encouraged veteran players to go back through ToT. In essence, giving new/returning players a quick queue time instead of a Dead Zone.

Though, definitely having things like Flying being account wide would be more appreciated than anything. I cant really think of a reason the Dev team is keeping things like that down to a single character. The gold costs arent a huge time sink and the cost of them doesnt take a reasonable amount of gold out of the economy. The mounts were doing that plenty well.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I feel like they have someone on the Dev team thats spouting off "The Vision" when it comes to making everything account wide. Or maybe its because getting rid of those grinds would cut down on the amount of time players play the game. Though, I think I would play more if I didnt have these major time sinks that I know I have to slog through just to play another character... I was thinking the Legendary Cloak Quest wasnt able to be skipped on Alts because it encouraged veteran players to go back through ToT. In essence, giving new/returning players a quick queue time instead of a Dead Zone.

Though, definitely having things like Flying being account wide would be more appreciated than anything. I cant really think of a reason the Dev team is keeping things like that down to a single character. The gold costs arent a huge time sink and the cost of them doesnt take a reasonable amount of gold out of the economy. The mounts were doing that plenty well.
They could make an awesome gold sink just by making all the Legendary stuff account wide. People would be doing everything under the sun to get 7k gold for every alt.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, I've been following the advice you guys have given so far for someone coming back who skipped multiple expansions. I've geared myself up with the Timeless Isles crap, threw two Burdens at two rings, enchanted it all, and started moving through each LFR in turn. I don't really understand why the loot system is giving me things like non-shield offhands and staves but whatever. My question now is - what should I be using Justice points on? I've got 1000 and am not sure what to upgrade or what the ilevel should be for upgrading. I was thinking that with the rings already being the highest ilevel thing I have and by quite a margin it would make sense to just blow it all on them but I don't know if I should just wait for something better.