World of Warcraft: Current Year

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Paladin Primalist Set
1068708.jpg
Priest Primalist Set
1068714.jpg

[/spoiler[

I feel like the actual armor only loosely matches the concept armor. I had higher hopes for Paladin.
ueyldlnwsiu81.jpg

I think their armor sets have been beyond subpar for a few expansions now. Understanding that bar has been fairly low, I think this is a step up... The paladin could be better but everything else seems to fit the theme well. I just hate to see other games with far more limitations out design them consistently. It just seems to lack passion and creativity. As someone else said... all very similar and bland. However, the image with all the sets in the line, does look significantly better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All of them in a line is just concept art, no?
Ya. Pretty much everyone is saying the concept armor looks a 1000 times better and if they would have at least adhered closer to the concepts, then the armor would have been received far better.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem is that most of the models the armors get applied to look so fucking bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

The other part of this is that we dont know if the armor thats been data mined is actually Mythic or just Normal/Heroic versions. Since Mythic typically has more detailed armor sets since WoD. Meaning our annoyance over these sets is a bit overkill. Not that Im a fan of scaled down, drab art assets for Normal and Heroic. Since thats basically 99.6% of the population. But that leads me down a rant of how the designers continuously pushed the carrot higher and higher to appease people that constantly complained that WoW was too easy. Yet never paying attention to the fact that the majority of people saying the game was too easy never even set foot into Mythic Raiding, and rarely into Heroic raiding. But ya, anyways.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yet never paying attention to the fact that the majority of people saying the game was too easy never even set foot into Mythic Raiding, and rarely into Heroic raiding.
I'll agree with you on Mythic but not Heroic. Heroic is pretty accessible, most people who raid at all end up getting through most of Heroic by the end of a season, only the last 1-2 bosses of each tier are even hard to pug by the 4th or 5th week.

Daidraco

I'll agree with you on Mythic but not Heroic. Heroic is pretty accessible, most people who raid at all end up getting through most of Heroic by the end of a season, only the last 1-2 bosses of each tier are even hard to pug by the 4th or 5th week.
You're not the average player, and you know that. Im not sure why you would generalize yourself over a large swath of players. But that wasnt my point - its the players on the opposite end from where you're standing that say the game is too easy. Im sure you know more than one person that you know for a fact would have a challenging time getting through Normal, much less Heroic. There are a thousand more behind those players that wont even attempt it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Im sure you know more than one person that you know for a fact would have a challenging time getting through Normal, much less Heroic.
That actively raids in any capacity? No, I don't, honestly.

But my exception was to your point here: "the majority of people saying the game was too easy never even set foot into Mythic Raiding, and rarely into Heroic raiding."

I think a more accurate thing to say would be: There are a lot of people saying the game is too easy who are looking for more challenging content that is neither raiding nor timed M+.

• 1Like

Daidraco

But my exception was to your point here: "the majority of people saying the game was too easy never even set foot into Mythic Raiding, and rarely into Heroic raiding."

I think a more accurate thing to say would be: There are a lot of people saying the game is too easy who are looking for more challenging content that is neither raiding nor timed M+.
Thats a fair enough opinion and puts the problem right back on the company. Which is where it belongs. I play/ed this game for fun, right?

Possibly not related, just day drinking while Im at the pool on the phone:
I personally think that Legion offered a very open experience with Mythic+ where people with sporadic play time could keep up item level wise with their friends and when the moons aligned, they could join in on the scheduled raid and everyone was happy because the person with sporadic playtime didnt have gear that was complete shit. You never felt like you were carrying your buddy in other words.

Since then, Blizzard has pushed the competitive Esports angle and done their best to support the addons that push it (most notably, Raider.io). Addons and methods that on the surface are "fair" and are there to "value each other's time" but instead foster a competitive nature that pushes you away from anyone that may jeopardize your completion and may influence players to be downright toxic to those that do.

I personally think the game has had enough time to stretch its legs and gather enough information to push the Mythic+ experience towards a dungeon finder experience for anything between 0 and 15. Get rid of the keys, redesign the rewards and completion methods and I think it'll be an enjoyable experience. I also think they should rethink the idea that Mythic+ cannot give comparable raid item level gear. A lvl 200 piece in Mythic + should be a 200 piece in raiding - but I dont see a problem with raiding having a tier set there. Or having trinkets that are more powerful in one way or the other.

Thats my Ted talk, cashapp me money if you want to hear more Mr Sox Ramblings from me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Thats a fair enough opinion and puts the problem right back on the company
You're not gonna get an argument out of me that Blizzard doesn't suck and hasn't squandered the best games and franchises in the industry.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
There is a strong tribalism in the WoW playerbase that is completely bonkers. One such avenue to feel better about "your game" is to claim that it is harder than everything else on the market, "The Dark Souls of ..." and all that. Claiming that there is not a significant portion of totally tempered WoW players clamoring for "even harder raid content" for that reason only is a bit denying reality.

Of course there are people who want other types of challenging content, but we are talking about WoW here, where the end game always consisted of raiding, PvP, and wizard chores. The only addition to last more than a single expansion was M+, everything else failed, or was scrapped. Only after the community revolted they brought Mage Tower back, and don't get me started on the Brawler's Guild.

Thing is: Blizzard listened to these fucks, made the World First Race for Sepulchre overstay its welcome, and the numbers are down. And that is with them nerfing Sepulchre repeatedly.

Of course Bellular made a video about it:

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There is a strong tribalism in the WoW playerbase that is completely bonkers. One such avenue to feel better about "your game" is to claim that it is harder than everything else on the market, "The Dark Souls of ..." and all that. Claiming that there is not a significant portion of totally tempered WoW players clamoring for "even harder raid content" for that reason only is a bit denying reality.

Of course there are people who want other types of challenging content, but we are talking about WoW here, where the end game always consisted of raiding, PvP, and wizard chores. The only addition to last more than a single expansion was M+, everything else failed, or was scrapped. Only after the community revolted they brought Mage Tower back, and don't get me started on the Brawler's Guild.

Thing is: Blizzard listened to these fucks, made the World First Race for Sepulchre overstay its welcome, and the numbers are down. And that is with them nerfing Sepulchre repeatedly.

Of course Bellular made a video about it:

Designing anything around world first faggots has got to the the most worthless fucking thing ever.

Also fire Ion. That is the biggest thing they could do the improve this game.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You'd think a this point they would want to do as much as they can to retain players - the overwhelming majority of WoW players are not world firsters or poopsockers or even Mythic Raiders. Money and time are much better spent elsewhere.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Designing anything around world first faggots has got to the the most worthless fucking thing ever.
I already said this: It's an ego thing. Former world first raiders and theorycrafters were hired by Blizzard and started to design things with their own interests in mind. Everyone else then slowly fucked off, because they made it obvious the game no longer catered to them. This happened both within Blizzard, and within the playerbase.

You'd think a this point they would want to do as much as they can to retain players - the overwhelming majority of WoW players are not world firsters or poopsockers or even Mythic Raiders.
I think it surprised them, because the metrics ("day 1 box sales") went up from BfA. They were obviously very metric-driven in their development, and engagement with all their systems was ok, because people were forced into them. And then the straw broke the camels back.

The core of their audience (casuals, the ones the at most raided LFR or maybe normal, or did M+ sub 10) suddenly just decided it's no longer worth playing. Worth investing time into a game that resets every patch. A sudden big walkout. Now that the core part of the bell curve vanished they are left with the world first raiders, the wannabe meta-slaves just below them, and the pet-collecting housewives at the other end of the bell curve.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The hard gear reset every single patch is something that I always hated. For what is supposed to be a persistent world, the primary appeal of the MMORPG, you were effectively playing episodes in the form of content patches.

Getting that item or grinding out this or that item. Something you could keep for a long time and recognize your achievement of getting it. You lose almost all of that when you hard reset every 90 days.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Because the world content is retard easy and dungeon content is easy.

Then you have to jump through hoops to get anything more difficult, like annoying/stressful time limits in M+, low quality players and quitting in LFR and needing to schedule time with a guild for proper Raids.

FF14 has the same retard easy world content and easy dungeons, but it manages to deliver higher quality players for it's LFR equivalent and a great group finding setup for proper raids.

That means that in WoW I would hit a wall getting into medium difficulty content like LFR/ M+ with stupid shit I don't want to deal with as an adult.

In FF14 I get to do the medium and hard content and hit a wall getting into the extremely hard content with their Mythic Raid equivalents needing a guild.

• 1Faggotry

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That means that in WoW I would hit a wall getting into medium difficulty content like LFR/ M+ with stupid shit I don't want to deal with as an adult.

In FF14 I get to do the medium and hard content and hit a wall getting into the extremely hard content with their Mythic Raid equivalents needing a guild.

So for the sake of pulling FFXIV here again, you're saying WoW LFR is "medium difficulty" and in the same post arguing about higher quality players in FFXIV 24man raids than WoW LFRs.
1652277788355.png

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
People pug P4S, UWU, TEA, UCOB, and DRS all the time. You meet people and then you keep the good ones.

Friends almost exclusively do that right now and they've beat P4S/UWU/TEA/UCOB, and progging DRS.