World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Also lots of recycled Azerite / Legendary / Covenant talents or skills.
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. They have this huge back-catalogue of cool talents from all the discarded borrowed power systems, many of which were extremely fun mechanically, might as well use them to build all new talent trees.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. They have this huge back-catalogue of cool talents from all the discarded borrowed power systems, many of which were extremely fun mechanically, might as well use them to build all new talent trees.
Some of my favorite shit came from tier sets of the past. I really miss the cosmetic shit that came from your legendary in Legion, though. The SL's covenant abilities for a lot of classes are just boring and uninspired to me, though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some of my favorite shit came from tier sets of the past. I really miss the cosmetic shit that came from your legendary in Legion, though. The SL's covenant abilities for a lot of classes are just boring and uninspired to me, though.
They should have kept those weapon legendaries, improved them and added new options.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

lol this game is getting so pathetic. I mained a rogue and if I didnt kick raid mobs I would be booted from raids.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

We've had this conversation before, but Im not sure the game has ever had it implemented. I think we always came to the agreement that its "bad' to reward DPS players for doing their job. But its w/e imo.

From what Im loosely gathering about Dragonflight, theyre trying to pull away some of the responsibilities that the tanks have and put more onto the DPS players. Which Im completely fine with in all fairness. Tanks in SL's Mythic+ have wayyyy too much shit on their plate, Healers not far behind them, and the DPS are free to be clueless dumb fucks that get to rage at the healer or tank when they arent able to put out maximum epeen damage. If I had to pull a random theory out of my ass, I could see the motive for these changes being based off a goal of reducing social toxicity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
We've had this conversation before, but Im not sure the game has ever had it implemented. I think we always came to the agreement that its "bad' to reward DPS players for doing their job. But its w/e imo.

From what Im loosely gathering about Dragonflight, theyre trying to pull away some of the responsibilities that the tanks have and put more onto the DPS players. Which Im completely fine with in all fairness. Tanks in SL's Mythic+ have wayyyy too much shit on their plate, Healers not far behind them, and the DPS are free to be clueless dumb fucks that get to rage at the healer or tank when they arent able to put out maximum epeen damage. If I had to pull a random theory out of my ass, I could see the motive for these changes being based off a goal of reducing social toxicity.
EQ adage: if the tank died, it was the healers fault. If the healer died it was the tank’s fault. If the dps died it was dps fault. Had a hunter in last guild who constantly got near the top of the healing required chart for having bottom dps.

Juvarisx

Florida

lol this game is getting so pathetic. I mained a rogue and if I didnt kick raid mobs I would be booted from raids.

Think of it as incentive for dungeons and low M+. High end players were going to do it anyways now they get a bonus on top of it.

Juvarisx

Florida
It's teaching people how to play well.

Yep and its a talent so you dont even need to take it if you are on raid bosses without needing to interrupt. I played around with the warrior and ret talent trees a lil bit, there is so much good stuff its hard to choose sometimes which is refreshing.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Well I don't think it's always a good thing, some talents were really bad design-wise and still are. I'm not gonna make a catalog out of it but as an example in the Mage tree Time Anomaly is there and no one asked it back since it's awful. I think it's okay to see good stuff coming back, but I also think it's better to have really new things. And by new I also mean nice things, not a 2 points talents that gives Frost Nova 2 more seconds right after they nerfed it by... 2 seconds.

Right now some class trees look okay, but the "not okay" ones seem to have one common point: lack of meaningful choices and crappy recycled stuff no one wants. It's not really a big issue right now since there's still lots of time before Dragonflight gets released, but some talents really makes me question their ability to comprehend what "fun" is, especially when "cool" talents are hidden behind 3 points shit talents.

Burns

Right now some class trees look okay, but the "not okay" ones seem to have one common point: lack of meaningful choices and crappy recycled stuff no one wants. It's not really a big issue right now since there's still lots of time before Dragonflight gets released, but some talents really makes me question their ability to comprehend what "fun" is, especially when "cool" talents are hidden behind 3 points shit talents.
"Don't worry, this is only alpha, they will fix it before release!!!"

The talent trees should be easier to fix than past xpac systems that were already a failure in those Alphas, but ActiBliz no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Encouraging classes to kick with rewards sounds great until you have mobs with multiple types of spells that need to be interrupted and no one has an interrupt free for it because everyone wanted the 'free dps boost'.

It's going to lead to the same problem, but in reverse.

How about 'not wiping' as a reward like 14 does?

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Encouraging classes to kick with rewards sounds great until you have mobs with multiple types of spells that need to be interrupted and no one has an interrupt free for it because everyone wanted the 'free dps boost'.

It's going to lead to the same problem, but in reverse.

How about 'not wiping' as a reward like 14 does?
Rewarding it is just part of constructing a difficulty curve.

At the moment you either know or you don't that a specific mob has an interruptable spell.

With a big reward, you have a middle state of "looking out for interruptable spells".

Another part of making a difficulty curve would be stuff like better visual indicators without mods.

This stuff doesn't have to be perfect, but at least have the game try and teach it... that's just good game design.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Looks like the Pantheon thread hasnt gotten any attention today. So instead, regale us more with your Mythic Emerald Nightmare stories grandpa.

0857269c5dcbd86c45ebb0fe66bacc53f88c9b4d.gifv

I found em! They all here!

Haaaaaaaaah.….

WEWWIE

• 1Picard

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It's not, but cheerleading recycling old shit as great news isn't really becoming of anyone either. Just from drunk eyeballing most of the trees, a good 30% of all of them should straight up be baseline for the specs. But blizzard is too incompetent to create more than a handful of new talent ideas for the game as a whole, let alone unfuck a near decade of degenerate gameplay decisions.
You'd think after 20 years of making the game, they could smash out some interesting talents or changes in a couple hours, but nooo. Gotta wait an entire patch at best, but more likely an expansion cycle to make any actual adjustments once they've locked in.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That sure is a bunch of posts about a pvp talent. No serious PvE player is taking that pummel talent except in very fringe situations, that may not even exist. There are way more valuable talents to take with that point.