World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played since the first year of WoW. I got nothing else better to do, any recommendations on places to catch up to semi speed?
Go play Turtle Wow.

If I had time to play games I'd def be up in that shit.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rali

Trakanon Raider
I've got to assume at this point, that if you are still giving money to Blizzard, then you are even more retarded than the people that work there..

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The idea of Wrath and a fresh server sounds nice, or I would always resub for my Whitemane characters but ultimately I think it's best to leave wow as a memory of the past

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Leak supposedly has expansion dropping the 28th of November.

1235.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I havent had time to log in for the last few days, but when I am online on the Westfall server - my default chat tab has LFG in it and it is just non stop GDKP spam. I have a feeling its going to be a thousand times worse come WOTLK. I think if you're going to play the game in any serious capacity with friends, you should go with a new server.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Considering how the alpha is going (empty servers filled mostly with influencers) there's little doubt this game will be ready even in december.
That's pretty standard for alpha though, it's filled up at first then once people have done leveling/tested the new stuff, they just don't keep playing for nothing, until there's more patches with more content and what not. Nov 28th sounds real fucking early for a release though since beta hasn't even started yet? I guess still doable if they start beta in early september, 3 months of beta, shorter than previous ones but not impossible. Sounds like shipping with a bunch of shit missing and planning to fix it later though, that or they'll push back release once they get closer. Can push it back a couple of months and it still falls within the same fiscal year I think? If nothing else they have D4 preorders in december based on that leak to make up for the loss if they push it back further.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When the new alpha build hits today, all 4 zones with complete leveling content and all talent trees except 1 will be out. This xpack has no new bullshit systems. Almost all dungeons have been released. They have 3 months to iterate on and finalize talents. The only thing we haven’t seen is the raid content. This alpha is much further along than any previous alpha.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

"I look level 1!" yeah that sounds about right.

One of my big turnoffs with WoW over the years was how when I'd stick around to max out for a particular expansion (Pandaria-to-WoD comes to mind) the next one would immediately have green item drops from trash mobs that was way better than the stuff I spent hours farming already in the previous one. Like I maxed out on Timeless Isle gear in Pandaria, plus some raid stuff, then WoD started and I was replacing items in the first area. That's what I mean about WoW obsoleting content and how it makes the world small, compared to EQ.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Wow has a hard gear reset every content release never mind every expansion. Even wotlk ulduar for how hard and great a raid it is is just hard reset by trials of the crusade. Months of progression replaced by a few dungeon runs and dailies

one of the main reasons it’s easy for me to stay away from wow these days.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's honestly most games these days. FFXIV is effectively the same, but at a higher cadence.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its what keeps you wanting to log in every day. Constant character progression.

But I do like GW2's system where at max level the stats dont change you just get new skins. Even though they slowly added legendary armor.

Chris

Potato del Grande
"I look level 1!" yeah that sounds about right.

One of my big turnoffs with WoW over the years was how when I'd stick around to max out for a particular expansion (Pandaria-to-WoD comes to mind) the next one would immediately have green item drops from trash mobs that was way better than the stuff I spent hours farming already in the previous one. Like I maxed out on Timeless Isle gear in Pandaria, plus some raid stuff, then WoD started and I was replacing items in the first area. That's what I mean about WoW obsoleting content and how it makes the world small, compared to EQ.
Worst thing they ever did was get rid of elite areas.

Imagine if you didn't replace your previous expansion raid gear until the current expansion raids?

OK so levelling is faceroll for the raiders? Have optional elite areas in each zone that new players can group for and raiders can solo for extra rewards. Give levelling/heroic dungeons a reward for clearing them quickly.

Have those rewards be something to help with raids, either consumables or items for some slots (not tier set slots).

It's so easy to ddsign solutions.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's honestly most games these days. FFXIV is effectively the same, but at a higher cadence.
Only higher cadence because content comes out more quickly!

The key difference is that FFXIV rewards crafters with the catchup gear rather than some insane dev time heavy new RNG system every patch, you can farm for alts on your main and the content is FUN.

Like when I'm subbed I'll do the alliance raid because 1) It's a nice looking glamour for my alt healer classes and 2) the 4th boss has a fun boss with a song that could have been in Aladdin and I somehow know all the words to. I don't actually need the gear for my main tank classes.

Cybsled

FF14 gear also lasts longer into the new expansion. You usually don't start seeing gear that surpasses prior best GS gear from the previous expansion until you get to the mid levels of whatever the new level cap is.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really FF14 just made gear irrelevant unless you are on the cutting edge of the most difficult raids.

That has advantages in that you can just play for the joy of it without chores and yes the raids are just fun to do, but disadvantages if you enjoy character customisation like me and socketing minmaxed jewels/materia isn't enough.

The transmog/glamour system is much better than WoWs and gives a reason to get gear though. The actual UI is jankier but the visuals of the gear sets are amazing.