World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know how long-time players put up with it.
They don't. Grapevine says that WoW is less than 500k subscribers now, which is why it's getting cross-faction play. Yes, they are that desperate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
They don't. Grapevine says that WoW is less than 500k subscribers now, which is why it's getting cross-faction play. Yes, they are that desperate.

they just need to hire more prounons to pump up the diversity analytics. That will surely increase the sub count

• 2Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
They are repacking the talents we've had forever and making us earn them again under the guise of new.
This statement is completely meaningless. You don’t have to earn them again unless you’re leveling a new character.

There are also new permanent choices from the gifted systems.

As someone who has always disliked the three choice row shit I think going back to skill trees is a massive step in the right direction.

• 1Like
  • 1Imbecile

Chris

Potato del Grande
they just need to hire more prounons to pump up the diversity analytics. That will surely increase the sub count
If there is an untapped gaming market, it's definitely the 0.03% of people who are trans. There's billions right there being left on the table.

• 2Faggotry

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hates it. Fuck doing old raids and wiping to old bosses I have spent 6 months farming already, but for all yall complaining about old raids being obsolete with every patch, they put in a new system for you:

2022-07-31 08.52.29 www.mmo-champion.com 31ed422883e9.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If there is an untapped gaming market, it's definitely the 0.03% of people who are trans. There's billions right there being left on the table.

Back during all the bathroom brouhahas, I remember asking people if we really needed to be overhauling the nation's bathrooms and adding a third one (as many were suggesting) or changing them all to non-gendered, to accomodate 0.03% of the population. Someone yelled at me that people still matter even if there are just a few of them.

I...ah...yeah...I mean I know that, I was referring more to the logistics of such an undertaking

I hates it. Fuck doing old raids and wiping to old bosses I have spent 6 months farming already, but for all yall complaining about old raids being obsolete with every patch, they put in a new system for you:

View attachment 425361

This isn't the "keep old content relevant" that any of us are looking for

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

"Borrowed power" is that like, artifact weapons and such that give you temporary power increases while the current phase of the game is going on?

Cause I hate that shit.

In EQ you can quit for a few years and come back and you still have all your AAs and relevant gear and the game plays the same. In WoW, every time I go back to check out a new expac, everything's wildly different. I don't know how long-time players put up with it.

The introduction of AA in EQ1 made catchup virtually impossible for returning players. As initially implemented, it was a shit system. Especially considering the game had XP loss on death. You had to grind XP loss buff, then you had to grind AA.

• 1Moron

Fucker

Log Wizard
This statement is completely meaningless. You don’t have to earn them again unless you’re leveling a new character.

There are also new permanent choices from the gifted systems.

As someone who has always disliked the three choice row shit I think going back to skill trees is a massive step in the right direction.
Nope. You have to be max level to get the same talents as you have now. As it is now, my class is gaining shit I don't want and losing some things I use AND making me wait till level 70 on top of it. They are repackaging talents for no reason other than the fact they have zero ideas for this expansion.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who thinks things will be different fucking delusional.

Had to fix this. While Ion is a massive problem even if they fired him nothing would change. Blizzard has been dead for almost as long as WoW was 'good' at this point. It's never going to change.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had to fix this. While Ion is a massive problem even if they fired him nothing would change. Blizzard has been dead for almost as long as WoW was 'good' at this point. It's never going to change.
Its always the man behind the curtain that is the one to blame. Not the messenger.

But to the point, fuck Dracthyr and their soaring bullshit. Fake outrage is putting it lightly.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the main outrage over DF is the speed at which Soar works in the old world, DF is lining up to be a good expansion.

• 1Worf

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Nope. You have to be max level to get the same talents as you have now. As it is now, my class is gaining shit I don't want and losing some things I use AND making me wait till level 70 on top of it. They are repackaging talents for no reason other than the fact they have zero ideas for this expansion.
What class? What specific abilities are you losing that you have now and will no longer have access to until you level to 70?

I think you're largely just generalizing and speculating.

• 1Imbecile

Fucker

Log Wizard
What class? What specific abilities are you losing that you have now and will no longer have access to until you level to 70?

I think you're largely just generalizing and speculating.
I think you haven't looked at the talent calcs and are pulling things out of your ass. The next thing you need to pull out of your ass is your head.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
The rot runs deep. Its not Ion that changed the body types from m/f to 1/2.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The introduction of AA in EQ1 made catchup virtually impossible for returning players. As initially implemented, it was a shit system. Especially considering the game had XP loss on death. You had to grind XP loss buff, then you had to grind AA.

They added an autogrant system after a few years, so you get all the AAs for free up to the latest few expansions. Catching up still takes some work, but it isn't actually virtually impossible like it would be if you had to start from zero. In the lategame EOK and ROS are the two expansions with a zillion AAs and they're well into autogrant territory now.

Also I think there's a huge AA-exp buff when you have a low AA count, but if so it's probably superceded by the autogrant system anyway.

Either way I'd rather have some AA catch-up to do than have all my previous work be rendered irrelevant every time I return to the game.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you haven't looked at the talent calcs and are pulling things out of your ass. The next thing you need to pull out of your ass is your head.
Right now some are looking better (shaman, rogue) than others (mage) but they're relying too much on having to pick some lame talent like 0.5 CDR on some utiliy ability to get a cool skill. Also lots of recycled Azerite / Legendary / Covenant talents or skills. Also having to pick AoE skills to get ST talents. Of course it's too early to throw them all into the bin, but you can tell a worrisome number of talents or skills don't smell inspiration or novelty, Evoker excepted of course.

• 2Like