World of Warcraft: Current Year

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Those heritage armors look soooo good on some races. When I leveled up my Zul'Drak Troll Paladin, being able to mix key pieces of that heritage armor in with other stuff really reminds me of the old Velious textures in EQ. They just look fantastic mixing and matching like that. Never mind that if you keep the theme of the armor, you usually get props in raids and such because people will usually boost those characters and miss out on the heritage armor.

The expansion is like visiting mom's house in my mind. Comfortable to visit, not going to live there again. Theres a ton of shit to do, and I dont know how long itll take to get through it. At best a month to two of playing which is more than enough for the entry. So far.. its much better than SL's, all the way around. The dungeons are better (even if they are a bit repetitive with the "kill these mobs to unlock this boss" kind of system), the world always looks good, but Dragon Flying makes playing in it way better. What I thought would get repetitive and tiring actually just comes off naturally and its butter smooth. Even with no upgrades to it, its still very much accessible to people. Im not the biggest fan of raiding just to raid, so my opinions are meh on that. But if I was with friends, Id probably enjoy that a lot more. Its hard to judge the raid and dungeons in difficulty just because of whats available in beta. Lastly, you're not working on some stupid fucking system - you just have it all from the very start. Point being, if you have a battle.net balance, I'd say to definitely pick it up. If nothing on the horizon is interesting you and Blizzard didnt touch you in your butthole, then pick it up. But if you have something else you're enjoying right now - I would stick with that till you're bored (but launches are always way more fun than later in the game just because of the people.)

Voldeth Voldeth - Has anyone in your group played the beta? I want to hear what someone else thinks that has an opinion based in reality.

I wouldn't really say that I have a core group that enjoys WoW anymore - I think the time for that is long passed.

With that being said, the feedback from those I know is;

1- It's just not finished. Blizzard used to be known for polish but now there's just a lot that's outright broken.
2- The best decision that was taken was the lack of new systems and revamped talent trees. This makes playing infinitely more enjoyable.
3- It's mostly just 'ok'. There's nothing really amazing and will provide some fun for the start of the expansion with little to no lasting power.

For me, it's an easy pick up to go through the first month and run through some M+ and potentially lead some normal/hard raids. I warn pretty much everyone that reaches out to me that they should expect me to disappear in short order once Brel is released in Lost Ark.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
With the anniversary XP bonus at 18% and the current XP buff Winds of Wisdom at 50%, I've been leveling alts from 50 to 60 in a handful of hours just doing world quests and bonus objectives.

If you add the Darkmoon Faire 10% XP buff and War Mode at another 10%, that's 88% XP bonus, nearly cutting the time to level in half.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I keep forgetting that I'm subbed to this game.

Left off at level 43 like two weeks ago and just like, forgot all about it.

Next big session I'll probably blast to 48 with all the rested exp I've probably got and start doing Shadowlands stuff (assuming everyone gets it for free now)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Next big session I'll probably blast to 48 with all the rested exp I've probably got and start doing Shadowlands stuff (assuming everyone gets it for free now)
The game just isnt that fun to play solo. If you're trying to just experience the game a bit, I get that. But Im not surprised that you're just dropping the game altogether.

I wouldn't really say that I have a core group that enjoys WoW anymore - I think the time for that is long passed.

With that being said, the feedback from those I know is;

1- It's just not finished. Blizzard used to be known for polish but now there's just a lot that's outright broken.
2- The best decision that was taken was the lack of new systems and revamped talent trees. This makes playing infinitely more enjoyable.
3- It's mostly just 'ok'. There's nothing really amazing and will provide some fun for the start of the expansion with little to no lasting power.

For me, it's an easy pick up to go through the first month and run through some M+ and potentially lead some normal/hard raids. I warn pretty much everyone that reaches out to me that they should expect me to disappear in short order once Brel is released in Lost Ark.
I get the feeling they have some veteran team members that are making their rounds on each class. Some classes just look like they go from Broken to Fixed in a weeks time. I dont think thats "enough" time, though. When theyre making changes like 30% more damage, but it is what it is. I just dont know of a single MMORPG thats out right now that I want to devote any significant amount of time to. So you leaving after a month would be a surprise to anyone I wouldnt think. The people that force themselves to play end up hating the game instead of just getting bored with it.

Burns

Well, if you wait until the 15th you can keep playing WotLK until level 60. Icecrown is a better put together zone, story wise, than anything in Shadowlands. Unless you just want to get to 60 ASAP for Dragonflight, then it's probably slower to stay in Icecrown, reguardless.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So we're less than a month from this travesty. Is the core plotline still "oh hai, so we are back from the dead....let's go on a tropical adventure to some islands for the fuck of it?"

Chris

Potato del Grande
So we're less than a month from this travesty. Is the core plotline still "oh hai, so we are back from the dead....let's go on a tropical adventure to some islands for the fuck of it?"
No.

After we closed the book on the first chapter of the Warcraft saga with the shocking defeat of The Jailer after decades of build up, we spent 5 years relaxing and attending the gay wedding of Matthias Shaw and the interracial wedding of Lothremar.

Now transsexual Dragons want to hatch their diverse eggs, so we have to go to The Dragon Isles and help them reproduce somehow by reopening their hatcheries, which are watched over by playable rainbow coloured agender queer Dragonkin.

• 11Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 12 users

Daidraco

No.

After we closed the book on the first chapter of the Warcraft saga with the shocking defeat of The Jailer after decades of build up, we spent 5 years relaxing and attending the gay wedding of Matthias Shaw and the interracial wedding of Lothremar.

Now transsexual Dragons want to hatch their diverse eggs, so we have to go to The Dragon Isles and help them reproduce somehow by reopening their hatcheries, which are watched over by playable rainbow coloured agender queer Dragonkin.
Wait, is that the story for Dragonflight for real? lol

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
No.

Nice. You really caught me by surprise Chris, I didn’t think you had this level of quality post in ya.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, is that the story for Dragonflight for real? lol
Yes I can back up every noun and adjective with beta footage. I didn't make a single thing up.

Nice. You really caught me by surprise Chris, I didn’t think you had this level of quality post in ya.
You could get hired at Blizzard with that level of work.
Have you guys not been playing attention? That's literally what the plot is. Give credit to one of the diverse Californian writers rooms that's soy enriching our culture.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I have just never paid any attention to the lore in WoW. I’m there for the raids and that’s really it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
1667931992610.png

laugh-michael-jordan.gif

• 2WTF
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you ignore the story WOW becomes 10x better.

I predict the Dragon story is gonna be a load gayer then Shadowlands and that's saying something.

Dracthyr gonna make blue guys seem tame in wokism.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Only MMO story I've ever paid attention to was SWTOR. No idea what is happening in anything else.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wtf is The Jailer? Shadowlands villain? Sounds really underwhelming. We defeated Old Gods, Dragons, and Burning Legion, now we must face... The Jailer

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wtf is The Jailer? Shadowlands villain? Sounds really underwhelming. We defeated Old Gods, Dragons, and Burning Legion, now we must face... The Jailer

Just accept the story ended with Legion and everything after was just filler. Then never read another quest text again.

Also Sargeras did nothing wrong.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users