World of Warcraft: Current Year

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok boomer. You're the only loser that doesn't like the talent system. Rogues are fucking insane right now. You just suck at the game. Complaining they didn't lock power behind renown? What kind of faggotry is that. Worst then SL? Holy shit...

• 1Moron
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ok boomer. You're the only loser that doesn't like the talent system. Rogues are fucking insane right now. You just suck at the game. Complaining they didn't lock power behind renown? What kind of faggotry is that. Worst then SL? Holy shit...
Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

• 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
They already changed their mind on making WQs pop daily, and I'm glad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Big problem with most things this expac outside of mythic, is that ONCE AGAIN, things are designed to keep you subbed instead of designed to be fun. WQ's in Legion popped several times a day and were quick and easy to do. Also, if you completed 4 WQ's per zone, you got an additional reward. DF...the WQ's pop TWICE a week, and there aren't many to do. They are changing them to pop more often, but for sure it won't be nearly enough.

Further, the renown rewards straight up blow and offer no incentive to get them at all. OH GOODY skins for profession tools! YAY! I think one of them gives a tea set.

MM Hunter doesn't blow like everything else this xpac, but WHY IN THE FUCK do I have more fucking buttons to push than before? A lot of the talent shit they pinched out could have been rolled into passives...ever heard of procs, motherfuckers? My pet is way more squishy than ever before. I have no clue why they felt the need to fuck that up, other than so they could give "variety" to their talent revamp. Speaking of the talent revamp...utterly pointless. They should have left them alone and...OMG added more. Like maybe...another tree to futz around with?

Talent tree revamp even more pointless because they took away things we had before and making us earn them again. Previous xpacs, we had the blight of borrowed power, now we have regifted power....but worse. My rogue is backwards fucked up because they blew shit all over the place without thinking about them. My rogue cannot solo things it could before the revamp. This Is Bad Design™. It isn't new, it isn't interesting, and makes things worse than before. I am not going to play to 70 to get the things I had at 50, but with more pointless buttons to push or leave off the spell bar because they are redundant.

Crafting revamp is also trash. It gives the illusion of depth, but it adds nothing more than levels of stupidity that didn't need to be there. Also...time gated. Didn't the community complain about things being time gated before? Here's the biggie...by the time people matriculate past the time gating, the things that can be crafted won't be worth crafting anymore.

I didn't think that they'd manage to make an xpac that is worse than SL, but they did. It is kind of amazing to see WoW fanboys say the xpac is so good because it gives them time to play other games. Um...what? A game so good it makes you play other games in order to have something to do? I love modern logic.
I know you suck at the game when you think Hunters, ESPECIALLY MM don't blow complete ass.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought it thinking I would get a month out of it but I've barely made it a week. Objectively it's the best thing they've made in a while but I'm just bored with this type of game. It's old and the genre is tired. Oh well. Hours per $ ratio ended up being pretty good nonetheless when I look at my library of unplayed Steam games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Big problem with most things this expac outside of mythic, is that ONCE AGAIN, things are designed to keep you subbed instead of designed to be fun. WQ's in Legion popped several times a day and were quick and easy to do. Also, if you completed 4 WQ's per zone, you got an additional reward. DF...the WQ's pop TWICE a week, and there aren't many to do. They are changing them to pop more often, but for sure it won't be nearly enough.

Further, the renown rewards straight up blow and offer no incentive to get them at all. OH GOODY skins for profession tools! YAY! I think one of them gives a tea set.

MM Hunter doesn't blow like everything else this xpac, but WHY IN THE FUCK do I have more fucking buttons to push than before? A lot of the talent shit they pinched out could have been rolled into passives...ever heard of procs, motherfuckers? My pet is way more squishy than ever before. I have no clue why they felt the need to fuck that up, other than so they could give "variety" to their talent revamp. Speaking of the talent revamp...utterly pointless. They should have left them alone and...OMG added more. Like maybe...another tree to futz around with?

Talent tree revamp even more pointless because they took away things we had before and making us earn them again. Previous xpacs, we had the blight of borrowed power, now we have regifted power....but worse. My rogue is backwards fucked up because they blew shit all over the place without thinking about them. My rogue cannot solo things it could before the revamp. This Is Bad Design™. It isn't new, it isn't interesting, and makes things worse than before. I am not going to play to 70 to get the things I had at 50, but with more pointless buttons to push or leave off the spell bar because they are redundant.

Crafting revamp is also trash. It gives the illusion of depth, but it adds nothing more than levels of stupidity that didn't need to be there. Also...time gated. Didn't the community complain about things being time gated before? Here's the biggie...by the time people matriculate past the time gating, the things that can be crafted won't be worth crafting anymore.

I didn't think that they'd manage to make an xpac that is worse than SL, but they did. It is kind of amazing to see WoW fanboys say the xpac is so good because it gives them time to play other games. Um...what? A game so good it makes you play other games in order to have something to do? I love modern logic.
The highest ilev item you can get before the raid is gated behind rank 25 of any faction. It gives a trade skill upgrade (for 1 item) to 395-405. So the bleeding edge guilds will need to try to max out the explorers rep before the raid starts (doable with a brain dead farm).

Also (afaik), outside of the cobalt faction ring, tradeskills are making close to the highest item levels in the game. I got 2 upgrade tokens in mythic0 which took 2 blue (level 61 & 70) recipes and turned them into 379. Which is 6 higher than M0.

There are some rare mobs dropping higher loot, but it is scaled to only drop up to +6 (or some such) of your average ilev. So you need to have high loot to get high loot. These drops are capped at 385.

My shoulders & ring VS. the base level.
WoWScrnShot_120622_012856.jpg

• 2Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The highest I know if is the Wrathion cloak you can farm rep rings for, at 398. The rings are tradeable so I'm sure people are whaling for it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BM hunter is actually boring as hell imo, there are a lot of fun specs out there you could try instead (sadly all hunter specs are kinda boring atm). Finish the campaign and you'll unlock world quests, it doesn't take long at all and the ending part with the bronze flight has the best quests in the campaign.

This is my favorite xpac since MoP so far (I vaguely pay attention to story and don't really notice the woke stuff people (who don't even play) keep posting), the zones look amazing (turn on render scale to like 94%, with fidelityFX - makes the game look completely different and better, max view distance, other settings up etc) and I like just flying around on the dragon doing the exploration stuff (both gathering profs, dirt, treasures, flags on peaks, did all the races, WQs, weekly + daily events, etc). The dungeons are fine to good (although fuck the bridge in hall of infusion), M+ is adding some old dungeons I like, will try the raid. Playing with talents is fun, especially when you understand your spec enough to move past the recommended builds on wowhead/icyveins to get it playing the way you like. And I have a bunch of alts I want to play.

Edit: fun dps specs I've found so far are: havoc DH (This build is more enjoyable than the recommended M+ build imo), Demo lock, UH DK, feral druid, outlaw rogue, WW monk
Where do you see FSR? I have the game set to "10", and I just did the render scale to 94%. There is a difference, but not amazing. I thought I saw FSR on day one as I was changing settings, is it in the AA settings? I'm not using the "image based AA" settings though, and do not see FSR now.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where do you see FSR? I have the game set to "10", and I just did the render scale to 94%. There is a difference, but not amazing. I thought I saw FSR on day one as I was changing settings, is it in the AA settings? I'm not using the "image based AA" settings though, and do not see FSR now.

It's near the bottom under resample quality. I'm also using CMAA2, that might affect my image as well.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
This gnoll dungeon with all of the spinning mobs is absolutely awful. Can already tell this will be the M+ key everyone hates to do.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw FSR under the Raid/BG settings, no where else. Something is borked with the servers, or my PC since the servers came back up. I can get to character select on any server, but actually getting into the game hangs or I get a world server is down after several minutes.

Daidraco

This gnoll dungeon with all of the spinning mobs is absolutely awful. Can already tell this will be the M+ key everyone hates to do.
Academy is just boring - easy pug instance imo. Ruby Life Pools is a dungeon I kind of like, the seasonal affix is going to fuck pugs around the eggs. Azure vault is just all around rough unless they nerfed it since beta - I wouldnt trust a high key to pugs in there. The Nokhud Offense or w/e its called is cool once or twice, but past that - I would delete that key. Who the fuck thought it would be cool to put dragon riding from one area to the next in a fucking timed instance.

I thought I might play and do Mythic + so the ones I listed I ran a few times to know how to do them well. But I did run Brackenhide (the gnoll one I think you're talking about) and it was okay. Im sure it'll be cleaned up a ton towards season 2. Halls of Infusion I think very much fits with Halls of Stone/Lightning in WoTLK - liked that one. Neltharus reminded me of Neltharion or w/e from Legion and it was "ok." The Uldaman one is fine as a freebie I guess. Just a rehash of a dungeon that I dont want to do mythic+ in.

I never, not once, got a vibe that the dungeons were really good like they were in Legion.. and hell, even BFA. The new dungeons are overwhelmingly "meh" imo. But then again, I thought the whole expansion was meh. Wish more people got beta access, cause I believe more people would have realized its $50 bucks and a sub is wayyyy too overpriced for what we got (imo.) To each their own though, if you're having fun. Great.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I stalled out at 67 and have zero interest in even finishing leveling.

The dragon riding stuff is great. Everything else is meh.

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Glad that you are all enjoying the expansion LMAO, never seen negative comments like this in the first week.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
The dragon riding is kinda neat but makes the world feel sooo small. You launch in Valdraken, press your afterburner key twice and here I am, start with the soup walrus dudes. I see that younger players love the zoomzoom and my generation wishes for Pathfinder in DF because fck this action shit in our Boomer MMO.

Played three chars to lvl 70 and geared them in normal and hc dungeons . Played some M0s but boy, some of them are really annoying. Especially Brackenhide hollow and Nokhud offensive with their trash fest. The quicker ones are super boring after a few times and I can see groups battling for every second on them.

The much praised trade skill revamp did not really click for me: it's basically a mix of slow down tradeskill leveling with some extra steps and a lot of gating. I can see that the market will should not burst with i418 gear but that leaves non raiding/non high key Timmey also out of the lvl 5 business. Also not a fan of the "you can skill to 50 then we slow you down with recipes or grey ressources that give no skillup" approach.

I just saw they backpeddled on the "WQs will be daily" on Wowhead. Well, if you play more than 2 hours per day you will run out of stuff to do quickly if you are not a heavy M+ player or raider. I played all WQs and hunts etc. on Saturday in like 2-3 hours and saw only two new pet battle WQs until today.

(Considering Some Semi-weekly World Quests Becoming Daily - General Discussion - US - Blue Tracker - World of Warcraft)

The raid better be fantastic otherwise this will be WOD 2.0 in no time.

Daidraco

The dragon riding is kinda neat but makes the world feel sooo small. You launch in Valdraken, press your afterburner key twice and here I am, start with the soup walrus dudes. I see that younger players love the zoomzoom and my generation wishes for Pathfinder in DF because fck this action shit in our Boomer MMO.

Played three chars to lvl 70 and geared them in normal and hc dungeons . Played some M0s but boy, some of them are really annoying. Especially Brackenhide hollow and Nokhud offensive with their trash fest. The quicker ones are super boring after a few times and I can see groups battling for every second on them.

The much praised trade skill revamp did not really click for me: it's basically a mix of slow down tradeskill leveling with some extra steps and a lot of gating. I can see that the market will should not burst with i418 gear but that leaves non raiding/non high key Timmey also out of the lvl 5 business. Also not a fan of the "you can skill to 50 then we slow you down with recipes or grey ressources that give no skillup" approach.

I just saw they backpeddled on the "WQs will be daily" on Wowhead. Well, if you play more than 2 hours per day you will run out of stuff to do quickly if you are not a heavy M+ player or raider. I played all WQs and hunts etc. on Saturday in like 2-3 hours and saw only two new pet battle WQs until today.

(Considering Some Semi-weekly World Quests Becoming Daily - General Discussion - US - Blue Tracker - World of Warcraft)

The raid better be fantastic otherwise this will be WOD 2.0 in no time.
If you've played over the years, you've done every single raid encounter within the vault. Instead of cherry picking individual mechanics, it feels like they took the whole kit for some of the older bosses. But really - its not that bad. Its done well enough that you recognize it, but theres some extra stuff thrown in to keep it fresh. I only did Heroic and only Heroic and Normal were available, not Mythic - so Im sure it'll be way crazier on Mythic.

My true complaints from the raid is "Too much brown" - like.. the art palette in there is straight up Vanguard. Too much walking, backtracking etc. - Let people mount in raid instances for fucks sake. Lastly - too much trash. Feels like they did a 180 on the amount of trash they had on SL's bosses compared to these. Why the fuck trash is still respawning in this day and age is beyond me, too.

Its not something you'll remember, and if you're an avid raider - I hope you have a content patch thats pushed out within a few months and not Shadowlands length of time.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So if I'm hearing this right you guys want more dailies and WQ?

Who the fuck thought it would be cool to put dragon riding from one area to the next in a fucking timed instance.
I thought it was pretty cool. Makes it so you can make really large dungeons without the slog of running around everywhere.

Daidraco

So if I'm hearing this right you guys want more dailies and WQ?

I thought it was pretty cool. Makes it so you can make really large dungeons without the slog of running around everywhere.
Not exactly - theyre out of shit to do because everything is time gated. Asking for more dailies is the equivalent of "You didnt make enough content to keep your average player engaged" kind of request. Even when the game is completely open for the season, it'll be the same. There is no girth of content, which is why I asked earlier... with all the new people that came on board, why are we not overloaded with content? Makes no sense. Its like Blizzard doubled its team just to have a larger bureaucratic presence.

The idea of Dragon Riding in there is cool - no doubt. But I guess Im just centering my opinion around how I expect pugs to act within it. If you played during BFA - remember how bad pugs would get lost in .. I think it was Freehold? Fucking awful.

Merrith

I was under the impression that most of their team expansion was to reduce the downtime in between content releases. I'm not likely to play DF, so can't comment on the actual amount of content at release, but I thought I remember them stating one of their big goals was to make the gaps between patches smaller.