World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well I never got around to buying DF and sorta lost all my motivation to play. At least I got the Shadowlands raids done right under the wire. No particular reason, WoW just isn't that interesting at this point. I'll try again later. One issue with the subscription system is that you kinda feel like you have to play that month, and then when you don't you're just kinda throwing money away.
You aren't missing anything. Nothing much to do at L70 except grind rep via WQ's, do their faggoty new crafting system, or run mythics. I don't know how people can stand to group in this game. I got in a group to run some WQ and they wiped 2x by overpulling, then group disbanded. Same thing happened again today. Wipe on first pull group disbanded. I ended up finishing it with some guy from China...no wipes, neither of us came close to dying.

Leveling is bland and uninteresting, as are the zones. Art direction and zone design usually are their forte, but this is completely charmless. There's the dragon riding thing, but with absolutely nothing fun to do, it is pointless. Also, you can max out your dragon riding in 30 minutes, and the races are dumb.

I mean, people have been yelling about how shit WQ's are, but now nearly the entire fucking progression is locked behind them and the moronic renown system. At least in Legion, WQ's could be done quickly, now they are long and tedious.

One can level alts, but why? You still have to grind out renown....which is boring and tedious.

I'm not even 24H into being L70 and I already cancelled.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You aren't missing anything. Nothing much to do at L70 except grind rep via WQ's, do their faggoty new crafting system, or run mythics. I don't know how people can stand to group in this game. I got in a group to run some WQ and they wiped 2x by overpulling, then group disbanded. Same thing happened again today. Wipe on first pull group disbanded. I ended up finishing it with some guy from China...no wipes, neither of us came close to dying.

Leveling is bland and uninteresting, as are the zones. Art direction and zone design usually are their forte, but this is completely charmless. There's the dragon riding thing, but with absolutely nothing fun to do, it is pointless. Also, you can max out your dragon riding in 30 minutes, and the races are dumb.

I mean, people have been yelling about how shit WQ's are, but now nearly the entire fucking progression is locked behind them and the moronic renown system. At least in Legion, WQ's could be done quickly, now they are long and tedious.

One can level alts, but why? You still have to grind out renown....which is boring and tedious.

Weird my experience is the complete opposite of yours for the most part. Leveling is pretty bland yea, its always just click exclamations kill mobs, but the RP in it does seem excessive. But leveling through dungeons isn't too bad and goes by pretty fast.

I quite like the zones. Dungeons are whatever. Haven't done all of them but nothing really stood out as cool to me. However the zones have kind of blown me away. Grouping with the dregs in WOW is always gonna suck, but playing with a group of 5 really makes or breaks the game probably. Can definitely see if you're only playing with yourself or one other person how this game could be shit tier. Especially if you're looking for something to play everyday 5+ hours a day. I like that I can play other amazing games like Dead Cells and POE while playing WOW.

However you aren't the first person I've heard say these things. I guess the true test of the expac will be content cycles and seasonal updates.

Still not having power locked behind some dumb fuck Covenent system and class design being in a really good spot means raiding and M+ pretty solid right now. But if those aren't your thing then its really just grind renown and unlock mounts and toys.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, yes and no. All of the "major" renown rewards get unlocked account-wide. Plus, alts get 100-200% bonus renown. Pretty much all the important/meaningful shit in WoW is account-wide now (aka the shit that really matters for more than a month or two). Almost all those little ticky-tack "rewards" from renown become invalidated/useless as new content releases anyhow. Sure, a 389 ring is decent now, but will likely be surpassed by piss easy heroic dungeons in the next content release, making it super easy to catch up an alt.

I think people are playing the wrong game if they only ever want to play one character and then your alts are pseudo "auto-progressed" to the same level as your main. For that, you should probably look at FF14.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Hey Chersk what's your avatar from? Wasn't it a cartoon involving a princess and a skeleton that loved wine?
I found it years back in google images when I searched bloodthirst. If I remember correctly it was from a political cartoon about the Germans in WW2. I could definitely be wrong about that though.

• 2Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Hey Chersk what's your avatar from? Wasn't it a cartoon involving a princess and a skeleton that loved wine?
I found it years back in google images when I searched bloodthirst. If I remember correctly it was from a political cartoon about the Germans in WW2. I could definitely be wrong about that though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So how many of you are actually playing this, and are happy with your purchase of transeuxal wheelchair dragons?

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider

Skeleton loving wine? Sounds like Last Unicorn.

last_unicorn__skeleton_by_crystal_firefly_ddykkm8-fullview.jpg

• 1Truth!

Jox

Molten Core Raider
So how many of you are actually playing this, and are happy with your purchase of transeuxal wheelchair dragons?
Have 3 70s, done 2 sets of m0s, all the classes I've levelled play better than how they played in Legion. I don't read quest text or watch cut scenes, no regrets would buy again. For reference, I quit one month into BFA and never touched Shadowlands.

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Its fun and so far worth the 50 bucks. I don't see it lasting that long, but it hasnt for a while so. That stuff you seem to only care about, I haven't seen it other than here with people searching it out, so out of state out of mind.

• 1NPC
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got it, mainly due my nephew saying he wanted to play (he hasn't played since day 1, slacker). I think it is fairly dull. I am playing a BM Hunter, and it kinda feels worse than my previous BFA/SL Hunter, its still a gimmick class, which I am finding boring. Yet, I think all classes are based on some gimmick they have to manage, in this case, stacking Barbed Shot to get pets into Frenzy. Can only do that every minute or so (not horrible), but its the only way to play a BM.

Hit lvl70 the other day before getting to Azure Span. Not seeing any world quests like that ones I'm familiar with in Legion / BFA, do they pop up after finishing this uninteresting Campaign? I did see some Grand Hunts or whatever that I could do for the Centaurs, those were OK. The dungeons have also been ok, but I haven't ran the ones which opened up at lvl70, solo dps queue is bad.

I like Legion / BFA a lot more than DF, tbh, even SL was a better leveling experience, but both SL and DF feel like a departure from my nostalgia driven impression of WoW. Don't really care about the Dragon Aspects, even less now that they've changed Alexstraza as much as they have. Titans are alright, but Azeroth really needs to wake up and destroy the planet. End it.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
BM hunter is actually boring as hell imo, there are a lot of fun specs out there you could try instead (sadly all hunter specs are kinda boring atm). Finish the campaign and you'll unlock world quests, it doesn't take long at all and the ending part with the bronze flight has the best quests in the campaign.

This is my favorite xpac since MoP so far (I vaguely pay attention to story and don't really notice the woke stuff people (who don't even play) keep posting), the zones look amazing (turn on render scale to like 94%, with fidelityFX - makes the game look completely different and better, max view distance, other settings up etc) and I like just flying around on the dragon doing the exploration stuff (both gathering profs, dirt, treasures, flags on peaks, did all the races, WQs, weekly + daily events, etc). The dungeons are fine to good (although fuck the bridge in hall of infusion), M+ is adding some old dungeons I like, will try the raid. Playing with talents is fun, especially when you understand your spec enough to move past the recommended builds on wowhead/icyveins to get it playing the way you like. And I have a bunch of alts I want to play.

Edit: fun dps specs I've found so far are: havoc DH (This build is more enjoyable than the recommended M+ build imo), Demo lock, UH DK, feral druid, outlaw rogue, WW monk

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea not regretting the decision so far. I expect 1-2 months. If I get that I'll be happy.

Its a shit ton better then SL, and a bit better then BFA. I'd put it on the same level as MOP where people were thought the story was wack (first real show of Blizz trying to break into the chinese market) but the gameplay was solid. Class design is top notch unless you play a Hunter.

Protip, turn dialogue all the way down it makes the game 1000x more enjoyable.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Asking too early. Any real discourse is going to show up probably in the middle of January next year. Played through all of it in the beta and the game just doesnt have a hook anymore. Nevermind the ESG agenda.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I paid nothing and got something, however little that might end up being, so I am happy with it.

I still hope Microsoft buys Actibliz and I can convert all my gold to MS store creds though. Then I may never play WoW again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So a little background first. I've been playing WoW since the beginning and haven't missed an expansion. I've gone from hardcore raider to filthy casual over that time — so I have a fairly balanced opinion of play styles.

Even though the SJW stuff is apparent and forced down your throat a bit, I tend to not pay attention to it so it doesn't bother me as much as the edgelords on here. I can look past it since the game has give me innumerable hours of entertainment.

Having said all that, it's been an interesting week. Dragonriding is very fun and makes the world feel more "real". It's spoiled me! I went back to Stormwind and mounted up and said out load to myself, "bleh this sucks now." They need to push the mechanic to all zones everywhere asap.

Questing is meh. If you've played wow over the past decade you'll know. It's ok.

Dungeon design is very nice. There's a few standout ones that kinda suck, but will be better on M+ I think. But overall they flow well and I like the aesthetic — more than SL infact.

Since I don't have any friends that play anymore and I'm currently guildless, I'm experiencing this as a true solo player so take all this as you will.

TLDR: 1 week in as a solo player, 6.5/10

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I hear that. I don't know how people can stand grouping in WoW either. When I play EQ, pretty much every random group I join can be expected to show basic competency, maybe even some impressive skill. If I join a terrible group that doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, it's a rare and notable event.

In WoW, that kind of group is the norm, just morons tripping over their own dicks. I think the number one killer of groups in WoW is overpulling, or pulling prematurely. Just general carelessness that you expect from lowest common denominator players. Another "hilarious" thing is when a group dies, then everyone respawns and runs back in one at a time instead of waiting for everyone to regroup, followed by everyone dying one by one running into the same enemies.

What a fucking idiotic game. Some cool things about it, the world is awesome, the art design is terrific. The player base just drops trou and shits all over it though.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Big problem with most things this expac outside of mythic, is that ONCE AGAIN, things are designed to keep you subbed instead of designed to be fun. WQ's in Legion popped several times a day and were quick and easy to do. Also, if you completed 4 WQ's per zone, you got an additional reward. DF...the WQ's pop TWICE a week, and there aren't many to do. They are changing them to pop more often, but for sure it won't be nearly enough.

Further, the renown rewards straight up blow and offer no incentive to get them at all. OH GOODY skins for profession tools! YAY! I think one of them gives a tea set.

MM Hunter doesn't blow like everything else this xpac, but WHY IN THE FUCK do I have more fucking buttons to push than before? A lot of the talent shit they pinched out could have been rolled into passives...ever heard of procs, motherfuckers? My pet is way more squishy than ever before. I have no clue why they felt the need to fuck that up, other than so they could give "variety" to their talent revamp. Speaking of the talent revamp...utterly pointless. They should have left them alone and...OMG added more. Like maybe...another tree to futz around with?

Talent tree revamp even more pointless because they took away things we had before and making us earn them again. Previous xpacs, we had the blight of borrowed power, now we have regifted power....but worse. My rogue is backwards fucked up because they blew shit all over the place without thinking about them. My rogue cannot solo things it could before the revamp. This Is Bad Design™. It isn't new, it isn't interesting, and makes things worse than before. I am not going to play to 70 to get the things I had at 50, but with more pointless buttons to push or leave off the spell bar because they are redundant.

Crafting revamp is also trash. It gives the illusion of depth, but it adds nothing more than levels of stupidity that didn't need to be there. Also...time gated. Didn't the community complain about things being time gated before? Here's the biggie...by the time people matriculate past the time gating, the things that can be crafted won't be worth crafting anymore.

I didn't think that they'd manage to make an xpac that is worse than SL, but they did. It is kind of amazing to see WoW fanboys say the xpac is so good because it gives them time to play other games. Um...what? A game so good it makes you play other games in order to have something to do? I love modern logic.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users