World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kiki

Log Wizard
I have 3 level 70s. What is there to do? Raid, check. M+ check. Just pvp I guess, had enough of that in shadowlands. So tell me specifically, besides those what content are you referring to? I honestly want to know because I'm bored as fuck and it's been less than a month.

Both kinds of players have no content to do? What are you smoking? If you raid, you're raiding, there's a raid out.

What do you do the rest of the time? The stupid crafting shit? lol.

Last edited:

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I have 3 level 70s. What is there to do? Raid, check. M+ check. Just pvp I guess, had enough of that in shadowlands. So tell me specifically, besides those what content are you referring to? I honestly want to know because I'm bored as fuck and it's been less than a month.

What do you do the rest of the time? The stupid crafting shit? lol.
So you've cleared the raid on mythic? Slamming +20 keys? Or you mean you walked in the raid on normal and that's a check, do a +2 and that's a check? Then yea I guess there's no content for you.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you have all reps to 25 and max sabellian/wrathion? You collected all the mounts, pets and cool transmog? Done the achievements?

You complete the whole raid? You said you have 3 characters are they all geared? Do you have friends to play with?

This is wow what the fuck do you expect from it? Please tell me when there's been this much content at launch?

And yea the majority of people that play this game at a high level play a shit ton of dungeons. That's the game. Or you can farm open world content with a group for rep farming for 389-395 gear.

On another note, finished raid up to the last two bosses. Raid seems pretty cool. Really like the spider boss and the earth wind fire guy. ilvl tunings seem pretty good, most of the raidblocks you'll run into is survivability and healing, although definitely a few DPS checks. Not sure whats going on in world first because I stopped following that stuff but apparently heroic has been kicking peoples asses but more because its ilvl thing, which is honestly how you want your raids tuned. Only DPSed from fury warrior but was fun. Working on getting boomkin to raid ready as dropping moons on bitches is awesome.

• 1Moron

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Again, what do you do the rest of the time? Raiding is 1 day a week my bro. Just endlessly dungeon? That's your content?

You choose to raid 1 day a week, that doesn't mean there's no raid content idiot. If you wanted to raid 18 hours a day, 7 days a week right now you could because the raid hasn't even been cleared yet, so wtf are you going on about?

Cybsled

It’s ok to take breaks or log in infrequently if nothing interests you at the moment in game. Forcing yourself to play something you aren’t enjoying at the moment is a fast track to burnout town

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
So you have all reps to 25 and max sabellian/wrathion? You collected all the mounts, pets and cool transmog? Done the achievements?

You complete the whole raid? You said you have 3 characters are they all geared? Do you have friends to play with?

And yea the majority of people that play this game at a high level play a shit ton of dungeons. That's the game. Or you can farm open world content with a group for rep farming for 389-395 gear.

Yup, thats my game right now: Raid, grind wrath/sabellian, do the siege every 2 hours for 7 minutes and 50 whole rep lol, then M+ as much as you can stand. The mounts are locked behind rep so good luck. Casuals can play endless pooper scooper simulator! Wow much content. You blizzbros can defend it but it's sad.

We are coming up on 3 weeks and this has a very small shelf life. This may be the most "content rich xpacs" ever but holy balls there is no way you are keeping hardcores or casuals subbed for long. And a patch? Anyway, I'm done shitting on it, I just go play DMZ now, no worries.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It’s ok to take breaks or log in infrequently if nothing interests you at the moment in game. Forcing yourself to play something you aren’t enjoying at the moment is a fast track to burnout town
I'm looking forward to some FF14 next month and haven't played for a while now lol. This is the way.

Maze'd WoW rats gonna be grinding for gold and mounta even harder now to spite me for mentioning the other game haha

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Goddamn that's sad you ask for content and the replies are grinding out 25 reps, slamming your dick doing the same raid but on + gooder, or slamming your dick doing the same dungeons over and over again on ++ gooder.

Lol, I guess if you are still subbed you would defend anything.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Goddamn that's sad you ask for content and the replies are grinding out 25 reps, slamming your dick doing the same raid but on + gooder, or slamming your dick doing the same dungeons over and over again on ++ gooder.

Lol, I guess if you are still subbed you would defend anything.
Renown that rewards cosmetic items and toys. You can buy more cosmetic items and toys with higher rep. That is the entire expac except for raids and mythic.

There's a group of people for whom this expac was designed for, and it isn't heterosexual males.

• 1Solidarity

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Yup, thats my game right now: Raid, grind wrath/sabellian, do the siege every 2 hours for 7 minutes and 50 whole rep lol, then M+ as much as you can stand. The mounts are locked behind rep so good luck. Casuals can play endless pooper scooper simulator! Wow much content. You blizzbros can defend it but it's sad.

We are coming up on 3 weeks and this has a very small shelf life. This may be the most "content rich xpacs" ever but holy balls there is no way you are keeping hardcores or casuals subbed for long. And a patch? Anyway, I'm done shitting on it, I just go play DMZ now, no worries.
Hardcores can raid more than once a week.
You have probably not even cleared half of heroic raid. Have you done any +15 let alone +20s? So what content do you want exactly? This is the same as any xpac.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Trying to catch up and help the guild out on live (mostly WOTLK player here) and thought war mode would be a free bonus on an alliance only server. Why the fuck are people from different servers able to gank me outside of BGs? Yes yes it's optional, but it's weird seeing other servers in my area.

*edit it apparently puts you in a war mode phase, and tries to mix it 50/50, so no such thing as a free bonus I guess ;)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I have 500 hours of playtime since expansion release and I’ve done it all. No content, blizz sucks, I’m going to play something else.

lol?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Renown that rewards cosmetic items and toys. You can buy more cosmetic items and toys with higher rep. That is the entire expac except for raids and mythic.

There's a group of people for whom this expac was designed for, and it isn't heterosexual males.
This is WOW, you knew what you were getting into when you signed up.

At least the rest of us didn't disillusion ourselves.

Grinding rep has always been the game, from wintergrasp to argent crusade. Go ahead and make fun of the wheelchair dragons but the gameplay is as solid as any other expansion you can name.

• 1Imbecile

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Out of curiosity, is there really that much more content than Shadowlands, and/or is that content just more fun/less tedious to do? Obviously the drake flying races and stuff I've seen is new, but heard there were less toys/minions/hidden mounts to find on release than there was in Shadowlands. Otherwise still raids/M+/reps to grind like normal, no?

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Out of curiosity, is there really that much more content than Shadowlands, and/or is that content just more fun/less tedious to do? Obviously the drake flying races and stuff I've seen is new, but heard there were less toys/minions/hidden mounts to find on release than there was in Shadowlands. Otherwise still raids/M+/reps to grind like normal, no?
Raid, m+ or pvp, else you re wasting your money.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It 'feels' like there is less to do per week if you remove the renown rank related quests which we'll run out of before long anyway - I can't imagine we will get additional renown ranks until 10.1+. When you then consider that we won't swap covenants like Shadowlands, for quest content we're going to be down to just dailies / the three events - and a lot of those only refresh twice a week. Then add no Maw /Torghast equivalent on top of that.

It _seems_ like the idea is people will just redo the same content over and over for Trading Post currency. With the world events and scaling ilevel rewards, it's weird just how Destiny-like the subsystems are. The problem is that WoW gameplay is frankly way less fun and fast paced than Destiny, and us redoing the same small subset of faction quests over and over in Cataclysm was what prompted World Quests in the first place.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As always, this is the age old argument of "What is content?"

Some people would consider it content if the game designed a button that you had to press 5 times a minute for 10 hours in order to get a mount. Not 4, not 6, only 5, and if you fail, you have to start over.

Right now, M+ gives gear all the way to +20 (ilev 405), which is very difficult to PUG, and Mythic raids (ilev 415 to 430) are open at the same time as heroic/M+, so everyone is vastly undergeared for them. Those are the two main activities for people playing more than 10 hours a week.

Trade skill items drop from M+ 11 to 14 that lets you craft gear with heroic raid item levels (405) and M+ 15+ drops items that let you craft gear up to mythic item levels (418) (no clue on drop rate). There are no limits to how many times you can run M+.

Working on tradeskills is a major part of this xpac and there is more to do (farm) than other xpacs. More consumables and every trade can make high level gear though the work order system (some much better than others (weapons)). The flask and potion system is also different and has a variety of effects that aren't just +main stat.

There are four main reps and 4 lesser reps (lesser reps need less rep to max and offer less stuff). Rep grinds are the same as always, but there are ways to farm it continually, if you really want to do the brain dead shit. For the first 2 weeks when it was a struggle to get item level average over 375, all the reps had items that would help you progress in raid and mythic at various levels. Maxing a main rep gave you one crafting item (each) to get heroic raid level gear (405).

For most groups of 10 or more people, you are probably doing a clear of normal for a couple weeks (which may take two raid nights), and then working on heroic/mythic, if you can get enough for a third raid night. Outside of raids, you can progress your gear up to heroic, or close to it in M+.

The hardcore raiders (non-bleeding edge) would need a group of serious farmers to get enough gear to step into heroic very far. Haven't looked at the first two boss on mythic difficulty, but in the past they made them EZ mode, so maybe doable for non-bleeding edge too.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
It 'feels' like there is less to do per week if you remove the renown rank related quests which we'll run out of before long anyway - I can't imagine we will get additional renown ranks until 10.1+. When you then consider that we won't swap covenants like Shadowlands, for quest content we're going to be down to just dailies / the three events - and a lot of those only refresh twice a week. Then add no Maw /Torghast equivalent on top of that.

It _seems_ like the idea is people will just redo the same content over and over for Trading Post currency. With the world events and scaling ilevel rewards, it's weird just how Destiny-like the subsystems are. The problem is that WoW gameplay is frankly way less fun and fast paced than Destiny, and us redoing the same small subset of faction quests over and over in Cataclysm was what prompted World Quests in the first place.
Even in destiny I never understood the people who didnt engage in trials/grandmaster nightfall/raids.