World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why do that when millions of drones will pay $14.99 a month anyway? Thats spending money to integrate a system that would easily make them lose a lot more money from.

Repins_sl

shitlord
Why do that when millions of drones will pay $14.99 a month anyway? Thats spending money to integrate a system that would easily make them lose a lot more money from.
How is there a negative attitude towards this? Why does paying 14.99 a month classify me as a drone?

Nothing even comes close to wow for me in price of entertainment. 60+ hours of entertainment for 14.99? Complain about anything pertaining to dailys, gameplay in general, class balance, etc. but please leave the bullshit argument that Blizzard is somehow robbing you of something by charging that much.

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Just came back from a 2 month break. Basically leveled to 90 and then stopped. Holy soul-crushing dailies, Batman! I'm so far behind my guildmates in gear and rep that it feels like I have to pick either doing dailies (for eventual access to gear) OR doing heroic 5-mans (for immediate access to gear) to get my iLvl up. Just hit 460 (thankfully) so I can do first 2 LFRs.

So with that in mind, what happens when 5.2 comes out? Will all 5.1 become LFR? If so, will the iLvl reqs be pushed higher? If that is also the case, does that mean you will have to do 5.1 LFR until you can do 5.2 LFR?

In previous expansions, each major patch (for example: 4.1 -> 4.2) did a soft reset on gear so characters didn't fall too far behind if they missed a tier of raiding. I would hate to see this change in MoP.

Rime

<Donor>
There are no 5.1 raids.

When 5.2 launches, they have stated that you will need to do the 5.0 raids to 'gear' up, along with a smattering of valor point items. Supposedly you will need an item level of 480 to get into the 5.2 raids, but they have said that they will be increasing the gear drop rate from the 5.0 raids, as well as lowering the cost of CURRENT valor gear to allow late starters/alts to catch up to 5.2 content faster.

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think they should 'gate' raids in that manner personally. There is nothing wrong with gear requirements to do raids, as long as it doesn't get too crazy (hi EQ).

Cybsled

Do we know what the proc effects do for the other ones yet?

I imagine a tank gem that only procs dmg reduction when you get hit is going to be less useful than a gem that procs a dps buff when you do damage if you are a DPS.

edit: So caster DPS have a chance to get 30% spell haste for 10s, which basically a personal bloodlust/heroism, healers get a chance for their next spell to cost no mana, and melee one builds up charges which apparently release a DD proc when you hit a certain # of charges. Not sure why a damage reduction gem would beat out stuff that lets you do more damage or be a more mana efficient healer for DPS/Healers.

Needless

Toe Sucker
How is there a negative attitude towards this? Why does paying 14.99 a month classify me as a drone?

Nothing even comes close to wow for me in price of entertainment. 60+ hours of entertainment for 14.99? Complain about anything pertaining to dailys, gameplay in general, class balance, etc. but please leave the bullshit argument that Blizzard is somehow robbing you of something by charging that much.
I never implied the price was a negative thing. I'm saying why would blizzard add a segmented paying option that could net them, say 5 bucks a month from Johnny Noname, instead of the standard 15 hes already willing to pay?
It makes no sense for a company to do this when they're still as successful as blizzard is.

Campa

Trakanon Raider
I never implied the price was a negative thing. I'm saying why would blizzard add a segmented paying option that could net them, say 5 bucks a month from Johnny Noname, instead of the standard 15 hes already willing to pay?
It makes no sense for a company to do this when they're still as successful as blizzard is.
What I wonder is if there are enough people like me, who would be willing to throw some money Blizzard's way if there was another option besides monthly sub, that would make it a net gain for them?

Basically find a balance point where people who really play WoW are better off subbing but people who only would play a few hours every couple of months can do so without paying a full monthly sub fee.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
as well as lowering the cost of CURRENT valor gear to allow late starters/alts to catch up to 5.2 content faster.
Well, faster than doing 5.0 "normally", not faster than it was in cata...

I hoped they'd have to good sense of dropping faction requirements for "entry valor" gear, but the new Tiller work orders for an extra 300 faction per day makes me think that you still need to faction grind to buy intermediate gear. Even if you're lucky with LFR and get everything to 476 on the first run, you still won't be able to enter 5.2 LFR.

Cybsled

Well, HoF and Terrace are all 483. Combined with some valor purchased items (either now or after the price slashing), it shouldn't be that difficult to get to 480.

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have 3 toons at 480+ and only one of them has ever done 'normal' raiding (and not much of it). It's not that hard to get to 480 and it will be easier with increased drop rates.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Not for at least another month, the PTR is still getting patches and they are testing raids still

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like how this game got so fucking mudflated in the last couple of expansions, its fucking lol worthy looking at some of the lv90 gear compared to lv 70 or 80. also its nice to be oneshotted out in the world by some douchebag 90 as a lv 70. Balance is strong in this game.

Note, not that i expect to kill the lv 90, but at least let me get a fucking hit in. This entire game is so lol worthy nowadays from 1-90 I don't even understand why they dont just start giving away free Lv90s from the start.

Cybsled

WoW lets low level CC work on higher players, doesn't it? Bust that out and run. Lowbies being ganked by high levels is going to happen on a PVP server, regardless as to the game.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I like how this game got so fucking mudflated in the last couple of expansions, its fucking lol worthy looking at some of the lv90 gear compared to lv 70 or 80. also its nice to be oneshotted out in the world by some douchebag 90 as a lv 70. Balance is strong in this game.

Note, not that i expect to kill the lv 90, but at least let me get a fucking hit in. This entire game is so lol worthy nowadays from 1-90 I don't even understand why they dont just start giving away free Lv90s from the start.
Why? Why do people still roll on PvP servers? I hate to quote Lethal Weapon, but I'm gettin tooo old for that shit! People only roll on pvp servers for 2 reasons:

1) They enjoy open world pvp, maybe some organized fights
2) They like praying on people who can't fight back (see: Rogues)

HINT: #1 never really happens for long ;\

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why? Why do people still roll on PvP servers? I hate to quote Lethal Weapon, but I'm gettin tooo old for that shit! People only roll on pvp servers for 2 reasons:

1) They enjoy open world pvp, maybe some organized fights
2) They like praying on people who can't fight back (see: Rogues)

HINT: #1 never really happens for long ;\
1. I wasnt bitching about PvP but mudflation in the game. The ganking is rare anyways and I dont give a shit.
2. Arthas was my server since the beginning, and its where all my buds are at. Why would I roll anywhere else?

kudos

<Banned>
This game has so many fucking different tiers of everything it's god damn retarded at this point.

LFR/10NORMAL/10HEROIC/25NORMAL/25HEROIC/THUNDERFORGED/WHATTHEFUCK?