World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Iirc, I believe you're right. Hero classes were suppose to be built on top of your current class. Though, I can't recall how that was going to be done. I remember some article back in BC that was talking about it. It was like get max level and do your hero stuff - become that class and drop 10(?) levels. Which I guess the devs thought that that was too intensive. Level a paladin to max level, become a dk and then do the same content again.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Pre launch hero classes just sounded like super specialized (ie limited) versions of the talent trees.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
For all intents and purposes the different Specs for each class took over the role of what I once thought the "Hero Classes" would be. Especially after they implemented Mastery and the variations within each class diverged in huge ways

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Also remember making a class that was more powerful than any other would introduce obvious balance issues. Even with an extremely long and difficult quest line line their would still be people bitching that it trivialized their class.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if any of you followed the Azeroth Chopper web series where Blizzard commissioned Paul Jr Design of American Chopper tv show to build two bikes for them...one for the horde and one for the alliance.

Well here are the results, thy look fucking sick...these are real functioning bikes.

Alliance
rrr_img_68095.jpg

Horde
rrr_img_68096.jpg

Tol_sl

shitlord
I have this mental imagine of a nerdy dude rolling up to some outlaw biker-gang hangout with that horde chopper, strolling up to the bar, and giving an apprehensive look around the room before ordering a sea-breeze.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Those bikes seem pretty popular ~ They have to be because they are always in gamer news. I just could care less about them, personally. But thats probably because I actually like and appreciate a more .. lets just say, Classic style of Chopper. Oh, and yea, if they were built by those fucking idiots then no wonder I never paid attention to them.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The bikes look cool, but as others have said, never understood the tank treads. It was fun watching the first episode where Paul and his banging wife went to Blizz HQ to talk to the guys and you could just see the look in their eyes:

Paul: Man these schmucks are paying me how much money to build some shitty bikes from a computer game.

Wife: Man I can't wait to spend the money Paul is earning off these schmucks.

spronk

FPS noob
wow's on sale @ amazon and bestbuy, $10 for wow plus $10 for MoP

starcraft 2 as well, base $20 + $20 for HoS