World of Warcraft: Current Year

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Was also quite the 'bait'n'switch' in MoP. Everyone was sure that the next expansion would be involving the Burning Legion heavily, as during the Wrathion Legendary Cloak Quest, you are treated to an ingame scene where he shows a globe of Azeroth, being repeatedly pelted with fiery green meteors.

Shame that what we get is more orcs. As a Horde player, even I am tired of them.
If one of the later WoD content patches isn't the Burning Legion showing up on alt-Draenor wondering what the fuck happened to their plan of "enslave orcs, kill draenei, open Dark Portal, win" I will be quite surprised.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If one of the later WoD content patches isn't the Burning Legion showing up on alt-Draenor wondering what the fuck happened to their plan of "enslave orcs, kill draenei, open Dark Portal, win" I will be quite surprised.
Gul'dan and his clan are already in cahoots with Kiljaeden iirc from last year's Blizzcon. Garrosh convinced the other clans not to drink the koolaid and said he'd build the portal KJ was promising without the unpleasant demonic enslavement small print.

I inadvertently spoiled a bit of lolore for myself on MMO-Champ a while back:

Gul'dan is imprisoned underneath the dark portal by Garrosh(?) and is presumed to be powering it somehow.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I thought it was set in lore how difficult was to open up fucking portals across lands like Azeroth and Draenor, and what does the first thing you do on alpha and shit ? (the quest line) is to have Khadgar open a fucking portal to Orgrimmar.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Shattrath had portals to all over the place back in BC. I guess if you want a lore reason, it's difficult to establish a portal across worlds, but once a big one is open it's trivial to open smaller ones to specific locations on either side.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He's just tapping into the existing link created by the Dark Portal yo. It's too inefficient to move mass amounts of people and goods that way, but it works for moving VIPs who don't have time to waste afk on a fucking gryphon.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Im sure the Zandalari will find a way onto Alt-Draenor and declare that yet another prophecy has shown them the way to their 5th new home in as many years. I kinda wonder if anyone at Blizzard has the balls to point out to the highest ups how fucking redundant their storyline is? Its been 10 years and they haven't done jack with over half the races in the game or even touched a large number of plot threads.

Im sure there is an expansion worth of story to be had with Tauren, Blood Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Night Elves and Undead.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im sure there is an expansion worth of story to be had with Tauren, Blood Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Night Elves and Undead.
You know damn well that if they do an expansion on one of those races, its somehow going to revert back to Orcs or Trolls. Space Goats are at the center of this expansion and we already know its about fucking Orcs, again. The over arching story is always, always, fucking orcs or trolls.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't understand how people have the mental patience to do something like level a neutral panda to level 90 off nothing but mining and herbalism on the newbie island.. wtf?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honorbuddy. Itll run that shit in a loop and he never has to touch it. Damn bot has visual detection, so a GM applying blind wont catch it still traveling node to node. Has algorithms that break up any repetition of path. Besides, what GM actually cares about someone that cant damage the integrity of the rest of the game. His days played was something ridiculous, too (173.5 days played on this toon alone, while his other toons have Heroic Gear in SoO and achievements dated back to content when it was relevant). This guy is supposedly healthy and in shape. I just dont see how he could legitimately sit at the computer for that many days since MoP came out and not be some fat slob.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah that has to be the case, although it would be pretty damn funny to see him get blown up for that after GMs and Devs even congratulated the guy lol

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Assuming he's botting underestimates people's willingness to do horrible horrible things. He livestreamed most of his leveling experience, and people have been following him since his low 20s. It's not a bot, it's just a disturbingly impressive waste of life hours.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Anyone got a normal mode SoO weekly farm that could use an extra guy? i swear i'm not the worst player in the world.

Nyrruk#1565

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I don't understand how people have the mental patience to do something like level a neutral panda to level 90 off nothing but mining and herbalism on the newbie island.. wtf?
Notice he already had "The Insane" title (and I presume, he had from when the achievements were introduced)? He's OCD. MMOs tend to attract OCD like flies.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Notice he already had "The Insane" title (and I presume, he had from when the achievements were introduced)? He's OCD. MMOs tend to attract OCD like flies.
I didn't look at any of his achievements, but i'm not surprised by that at all lol

Whatever floats their boat i guess

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was tempted to play an alt but I hate every class but Hunter now, especially with the WOD changes coming to somewhat un-fuck the bloated mess that classes have become.

Rogue is pretty much the only other class I can see tolerating, but it has had a lot of stupid bloat added to it since I played it last in WOLK. Another buff to maintain, numerous defensive and utility cooldowns, constantly toggling blade flurry, etc. A total pain compared to hunter.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Another possibility I considered was some kind of healer - probably shaman. I've never played a healer in WoW, so it'd be a significant project. Just retooling my UI would probably keep me interested for a while.