World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, I think I'm out. Even casually. Just too much real life now for even the casualest MMO. Been a good run WoW.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I swear, if it's another 'Old God' bullshit, I'm uninstalling for life.

Edit: Yea, every single expansion except BC had 'Old gods' bullshit all over it; Vanilla had C'Thun (final boss), Lich King had Yogg-Saron in Ulduar ('final' boss?), Cataclysm 'had' N'Zoth (who was influencing Deathwing - final boss) and now MoP had Y'Shaarj who was influencing 'Garrosh' (final boss). Fuck.

Carl_sl

shitlord
they have all the old god shit because the old god lore spread out through vanilla wow and leading up to C'thun is the coolest lore they've ever done and they know they'll never top it.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I swear, if it's another 'Old God' bullshit, I'm uninstalling for life.

Edit: Yea, every single expansion except BC had 'Old gods' bullshit all over it; Vanilla had C'Thun (final boss), Lich King had Yogg-Saron in Ulduar ('final' boss?), Cataclysm 'had' N'Zoth (who was influencing Deathwing - final boss) and now MoP had Y'Shaarj who was influencing 'Garrosh' (final boss). Fuck.
Old god stuff is the best. Would rather take it over ANOTHER horde expansion (Cata was horde, MoP was horde, and now WoD is horde). Fuck that shit. Lich King was the best....partly because of the WoW mtn.dew

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Old god expansion: R'lyeh(or whatever shitty spelling they go with) rises from the sea, underwater dungeons, old gods everywhere, madness mechanics/changing landscapes/weird visual effects, lots of races enslaved. Murlocs playable race. Would have been better than more orcs.

It's the first expansion they're straying from the original plan though isn't it? You know the vanilla expansion plan they kinda sticked to. I think the next one after pandaria was supposed to be emerald dream or the burning legion I forgot which(I think emerald then burning). Instead it's BC again.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Old god expansion: R'lyeh(or whatever shitty spelling they go with) rises from the sea, underwater dungeons, old gods everywhere, madness mechanics/changing landscapes/weird visual effects, lots of races enslaved. Murlocs playable race. Would have been better than more orcs.
I would play it. Except murlocs, fuck those faggots.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Uninstalled WoW hoping that was the cause of my computer dying, lol. It's either that or my GPU (maybe needs to be reseated). But, it all started after installing WoW. Can't get into a game where they segregate people based on levels in simple stupid dungeons.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
As someone who went on a raid hiatus in March feeling the burn at 11/12 10 man heroic...I really hope I don't have to come back for WoD. For the first time since I picked this game up in phase 2 beta, I have gone 3 solid months without so much as looking at my armory page. All of the "news" slowly dribbling out about WoD like the slobber out of a tard's mouth is really making me just fucking hate it.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
You know the vanilla expansion plan they kinda sticked to.
Which Vanilla expansion plan? You mean the debunked fake list of expansions that got "leaked during beta" but somehow surfaced only just after they announced Lich King? And which was completely incorrect as early as the following expansion (Cataclysm)?

(for info, the list was "Draenor" with - of course - the correct list of BC, then "Northrend" with - of course since it had just been announced - the list of of LK, then "Maelstrom", which had about 3 correct zones out of 10, and missed the new races entirely, then "The Planes", which had the elemental cata zones, since those were known since the Warcraft RPG, plus the entire Pandaria as a starter zone along with a completely incorrect starter zone for goblins, and nothing else right, and we should be on the "Legion" expansion now)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah I vaguely remembered the list, wasn't aware it was fake, or that it was made during wotlk.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They supposedly have the themes/plots for the next several expansions already worked out (whereas before MoP Metzen claimed they were just winging it). Of course, this announcement was made in the same breath as the one where they were increasing the WoW dev team size by 60% to decrease time between content releases...

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They decreased the time between content releases, but unfortunately that only happened in the Dev Studio they made on Earth B.

Turning our 10man heroic team into a 20+man team in preparation for WoD is involving a lot of alcohol and warcraftlogs shaming. That replay option is the tits.

"No, Thok didn't spin, your retarded ass tunnel-vision-turret'ed and he very slowly walked over you."

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Ah I vaguely remembered the list, wasn't aware it was fake, or that it was made during wotlk.
That list is the very proof that undead exists. No matter how often you shoot it dead and debunked, it rises again and rolls around, collecting new victims.

From what I heard about their production pipeline, they have the basic thematic idea of the next two expansions, and most of the details of the next expansion mapped when they release something, i.e. when vanilla rolled out, they were already drawing the first sketches of the maps of Outland zones and knew they'd go Northrend after Draenor. So, at this point, they're probably getting around to fill up the next expansion list of zones and how they work out themewise, and they have an idea where the expansion after that should go. But nothing more.

Regarding Metzen having planned stuff in advance... remember, that's the guy who can't remember his own backstories for Eredars from 3 years ago when he started working out BC... anything he's planned for 3 years from now, he'll have forgotten by then.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I can't wait to find out Orcs and Humans were originally the same race but got separated by going through a Stargate run by the ancient gods a million years ago.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
blizzforumpost.jpg

DavivMcD

Peasant
Yeah, that's a shoop that originally showed up around 2008, hence why everything is nearly 100% accurate up through WotLK and complete random bullshit after.