World of Warcraft: Current Year

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've resorted to emulating old console games on my android phone (I bought a fancy controller that makes it actually fun). Maybe WoD will be decent and get me back.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wanted to Wildstar, I just couldn't Wildstar. WoW is pretty much what I want in an MMO these days, I just play for shorter amounts of time with multiple classes. The genre is just over for me and I wont let it die. I'd imagine most folks are in a similar position they just don't talk about it or are in denial. It's totally alright to be a scrubby casual fuck these days lol.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Normal Garrosh is turning out to be the game killer for me. I've clocked in like 150 wipes now, many sub 4 or 5%, and my guild just doesn't seem to be getting it. Yes we carry some mediocre players along with us, but historically we've been able to at least complete normal mode stuff without any real hold ups. Shit we even killed Garalon pre-nerf with only like 60 something wipes.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Normal Garrosh is turning out to be the game killer for me. I've clocked in like 150 wipes now, many sub 4 or 5%, and my guild just doesn't seem to be getting it. Yes we carry some mediocre players along with us, but historically we've been able to at least complete normal mode stuff without any real hold ups. Shit we even killed Garalon pre-nerf with only like 60 something wipes.
What in the literal fuck is making you wipe on Garrosh that much?! You have got to have a shitty tanks or some fucking dumb ass strategy that your guild is trying to force down everyones throat to have wiped that many times on his ass. I can reliably PUG Normal Garrosh on my server and get him with a bunch of random asshats that Ive never seen before within 10 attempts.

If some of you are as good as you say you are, we need to put a guild together this coming expansion and have some fun. By the time that little spread sheet of people wanting to team up came out, more than half of us were already burnt out on SoO.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Are you alliance by chance? We've been doing 25 man garrosh once a month or so to get people mounts and the achievement, and we almost always have to pug a handful of people. I'm sure it wouldn't be too tough to get you a spot.

I got garrosh down (as well as just wrapped up the cloak quest, finally) last week, which is pretty cool since I've only been back for about 2-3 months and playing pretty casual, but the biggest problem for me has been finding people to do progression stuff with on a regular basis. The guilds I've joined seem to have 2-3 10 man raid groups and they're fully entrenched. so I've only been jumping into normals when regular raiders take a day off. There's nothing I need from flex anymore. Oh well, I jumped from ilvl 549 to 555 in a week pretty much, and I've heard that'll make getting pickups and oqueue groups something I can shoot for to progress. I really haven't messed with that too much so not sure what to expect. Not terribly optimistic. I feel like I've done next to nothing, but apparently even more people just settle for LFR and the occasional flex.

It still blows my mind though. The night we downed garrosh I saw no less than 4 people die by standing in garrosh's purple cone attack. I don't think I've ever been hit by that shit even once. It's not hard to dodge. All these years later and people still don't stay out of the bad because they need to finish their turret casting. Some of these people were rocking some heroic gear, too.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's also nice on Garrosh when the DerPS forget they have interrupt buttons during MindControl spam.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I wanted to Wildstar, I just couldn't Wildstar. WoW is pretty much what I want in an MMO these days, I just play for shorter amounts of time with multiple classes. The genre is just over for me and I wont let it die. I'd imagine most folks are in a similar position they just don't talk about it or are in denial. It's totally alright to be a scrubby casual fuck these days lol.
Same here, basically. Although, I think WildStar is pretty good.

Fingz_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_69953.jpg

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
What in the literal fuck is making you wipe on Garrosh that much?! You have got to have a shitty tanks or some fucking dumb ass strategy that your guild is trying to force down everyones throat to have wiped that many times on his ass. I can reliably PUG Normal Garrosh on my server and get him with a bunch of random asshats that Ive never seen before within 10 attempts.

If some of you are as good as you say you are, we need to put a guild together this coming expansion and have some fun. By the time that little spread sheet of people wanting to team up came out, more than half of us were already burnt out on SoO.
I don't know what to tell you or myself. The strategy is fine and so is the DPS. We phase him after 1 or 2 empowered whirls usually. I think our healers are shitty to be honest with you but who knows. I'm getting too tired to troubleshoot it anymore.

I just hate how tightly tuned the fight is. I've been in this guild since WotLK and we've always been a normal + maybe 1 or 2 heroics type of guild and have never had any major snags. Yeah we carry some bads but they've never held us completely up before like this. Unfortunately I'm probably just going to pug it for mount and titles and be done with SoO.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
What's your avg ilvl, because it was tightly tuned for like ilvl 555, but these days even casual LFR/Flex scrubs sport 560-565.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
What's your avg ilvl, because it was tightly tuned for like ilvl 555, but these days even casual LFR/Flex scrubs sport 560-565.
When I say tightly tuned I mean execution not numbers. Our numbers are fine, it's people handling the mechanics. It only takes one or two to fuck up and the whole thing is a wipe. And of course this is 7-8 minutes into the fight so that really doesn't help much.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
I don't know what to tell you or myself. The strategy is fine and so is the DPS. We phase him after 1 or 2 empowered whirls usually.
I'm not so sure it is from that statement. Our first kill we got to P3 after we got him down to a consistent 1 empowered whirl. More than that in P2 and you just don't have the cooldowns and healing to survive P3. The gear we had was normal mode only, mostly not upgraded. We only kill Garrosh now, for the heirlooms. The 4-step upgrade lets us go into P3 before he does a second intermission, so no, I'd say your DPS is not fine. Everyone should be doing 250-280k for a first kill when you get to P3. If you've been raiding since SoO came out, and have been upgrading gear, everyone should be doing 280-320k DPS in ~565 gear.

Are you using Bloodlust in P2? Don't save it for P3, it's far more important to have a clean P2 and get out of it ASAP.

The fire festival has a 3% crit buff that stacks with flasks (it shouldn't, but it does) that you could use to help make it happen this week. You get it from burning the flowers that are used as currency at a bonfire.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
When I was playing through WoW a couple weeks ago after being on a 4? year hiatus, I found out they nerfed Flash of Light. Go oom with 5 FoL. Got it. /uninstall.