World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dumar_sl

shitlord
holy fuck challenge modes are hard as fuck. my mage is 491 and a friend decided to start them, we went in expecting a little difficulty but just the trash hits like mack trucks. After 2 hours ended up getting silver in SM with a fuck-ton of wipes, you literally have to learn every single inch and every single pull to minimize time and damage, while still killing the required number of mobs, and pretty much will need a fixed 5 man group.

Nice thing is no durability loss, and you can reset the CM anytime but yeah, if you want challenging 5 man content this just blows away anything else I've seen in a long time including GW2 fractals, TERA hardmodes, Rift heroic challenges, etc. Nice thing too is since they scale everything down to 463 ilevel, it should stay difficult all throughout MOP.

Definitely not a thing for me, I'd rather just chill and play easy than be focused for hours, but if you can't raid and still want really, really hard content challenge mode is built for you. Be interesting to see if they change them at all during the life of MOP, either to be more accessible or to give more rewards.
They're not interesting. The point of the fucking game is to acquire items and gain character power. This is the exact opposite. I'd rather bedeniedcontent by cockblocking guilds than do content like this:

rrr_img_12572.jpg

rrr_img_12572.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They're not interesting. The point of the fucking game is to acquire items and gain character power. This is the exact opposite. I'd rather bedeniedcontent by cockblocking guilds than do content like this:

rrr_img_12572.jpg
Wait... gaining valor points at an outrageous speed isn't gaining items or character power?

rrr_img_12572.jpg

Zynth

N00b
CMs get easier and easier the more you do them. Going for world record times is fun but we've hit a wall where group comps affect it most (That group wtih the brewmaster is untouchable unless we find some kind of new strats, which I don't anticipate, most of the 'good' groups all use similar strats). Best part of mop for sure, I just wish there were more of them. If you've ever watched a guide video for CMs they were probably mine, I spend a lot of time talking about those things, great idea.
Do you use a specific gear set for it, or just gem/reforge what you have?

Inque

FunEmployed
We didn't clear our CMs for time we just did them for Gold. A couple, like Stormstout Brewery, just suck and we made the threshold with about two seconds to spare. Once they were done though I can't say I have the urge to 'continue' them even if they offer the best risk vs reward for Valor cap each week. And as for difficulty, it varies. Some are laughably easy (e.g. Scholomance/Gate of Setting Sun) others are downright retarded (Stormstout). Actually, Stormstout is the only one I considered assbeat challenging. The rest of the dungeons we completed in about 7 hours with a single run-through on Bronze or Silver to get an idea of what to expect.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The world events that drop free epics make me remember how much I despise the average WoW/MMO player these days.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You mean the uninstanced raid bosses that old-school players keep asking Blizzard to put in?
I loved those... my guild vs death and taxes with/versus a horde guild. Was a nightmare of griefing and some of the most fun I've had.

DavivMcD

Peasant
People calling those epics "free epics" reminds me how much I hate the average WoW/MMO player these days.

Seriously though, I don't think any WoW player who actually knows and understands what progression means has ever sat there in raid loot and looked at someone in 'free epics' 20 ilvls lower than anything worth getting and said "Oh what the hell, I should have just gotten those." Way back in vanilla when they introduced the 0.5 dungeon tier, people got all upset about those 'free' epics without paying attention to the fact that they were mostly worse than blues you could get from ZG. As for now if you're getting excited (or upset) about a single piece of 480 gear, I have no idea what you've been doing with your time in WoW, but it hasn't been gearing up.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Cancelled sub, game just isn't fun or interesting : /. I did really try this time :p.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think Gold CM's are going to be my goal more than anything else this expansion. Nowhere near ready yet.
They have a definite snowball effect attached to them. Once you complete one, you'll understand the 'gimmick' behind them fairly well and completing the rest of them should be fairly easy, given that you put in the actual time to do so. Good luck!

On another note, I'm taking a break for a while longer. Burned out this tier of raiding after trying to keep my raid of 7 good 3 downies going. Path of exile provides a nice stress-free release 8)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
People calling those epics "free epics" reminds me how much I hate the average WoW/MMO player these days.

Seriously though, I don't think any WoW player who actually knows and understands what progression means has ever sat there in raid loot and looked at someone in 'free epics' 20 ilvls lower than anything worth getting and said "Oh what the hell, I should have just gotten those." Way back in vanilla when they introduced the 0.5 dungeon tier, people got all upset about those 'free' epics without paying attention to the fact that they were mostly worse than blues you could get from ZG. As for now if you're getting excited (or upset) about a single piece of 480 gear, I have no idea what you've been doing with your time in WoW, but it hasn't been gearing up.
I never spent much time on the Blizzard forums, were people really so retarded to complain about sub-par tier .5 epics which required much more effort to get than their T1 upgrades?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
They have a definite snowball effect attached to them. Once you complete one, you'll understand the 'gimmick' behind them fairly well and completing the rest of them should be fairly easy, given that you put in the actual time to do so. Good luck!

On another note, I'm taking a break for a while longer. Burned out this tier of raiding after trying to keep my raid of 7 good 3 downies going. Path of exile provides a nice stress-free release 8)
The hard part is finding a group that isn't guild on a dead server. I am on Undermine and talk about dead. I am going to start working on ilvl first and then hop onwww.openraid.euand find a group that way.

Cybsled

.5 weren't even epics, they were blue. We were one of the top guilds on our server in Vanilla and even then I thought the .5s were garbage. We were more concerned with the T2 stat nerf that made them worse than T1 for some classes.