World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looking at the gaming landscape for ideas that Blizz could steal and polish, I keep coming back to Minecraft. Answers content generation issues to some degree and puts an amazing degree of freedom back in, but I'm not sure how it fits with Blizz's controlling mentality. It would definitely be pretty awesome to see that approach adapted with Blizz polish in a new universe.

Dom_sl

shitlord
There was a rumor going around a while back that Titan was essentially a framework revolving around user created content set in a sandbox, so it might not be that far off.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I found a bunch of interesting new (to me) rumors about Titan atthis site.

Brief summary of the details I found most intriguing:
  • It's a spin-off of an existing Blizzard franchise, not a completely brand new IP.
  • It's being developed for PC and the next XBOX console.
  • Projected launch in late 2014, early 2015.
  • Definitely an MMORPG, not FPS.
Considering Starcraft II and Diablo III were both announced about 3 years before they came out (and both had pretty significant delays), a Titan announcement at BlizzCon would fit with an expected 2015 release date. I'd also bet on a D3 expac reveal and possible hints about the next WoW expac.

Caeden

If that website is to be believed, we're getting World of Diablocraft. I personally enjoy a more fantasy based MMO and then add in the ability to create maybe user-defined dungeons in addition to the standard Blizzard dungeons, content, etc. I'd not be surprised if its mostly evolutionary from WoW with the big selling point the ability to go "dungeon-ing" in user created and maybe randomly generated dungeons. To be frank, I haven't played much Diablo in my life, but I can't deny that world would be fun to fuck around in on an MMO.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rock N Roll Racing: World Series.
Did Blizzard make that game? Cause that game fuckin rules. Nothing quite like racing in space with Black Sabbath's Paranoid blaring while shitting out spikes and shooting laser beams at other trucks.

Now how do you make this an MMO? Fuck if I know, but I'd play!

Caeden

Wasn't there a similar "beat-em up" car mmo? Seems it'd be cheap and in the right hands be a fucking awesome mmo to do as F2P

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If that website is to be believed, we're getting World of Diablocraft. I personally enjoy a more fantasy based MMO and then add in the ability to create maybe user-defined dungeons in addition to the standard Blizzard dungeons, content, etc. I'd not be surprised if its mostly evolutionary from WoW with the big selling point the ability to go "dungeon-ing" in user created and maybe randomly generated dungeons. To be frank, I haven't played much Diablo in my life, but I can't deny that world would be fun to fuck around in on an MMO.
And pray they don't use D3 itemization + $ AH.

DavivMcD

Peasant
If that website is to be believed, we're getting World of Diablocraft.
Oh I doubt it'll be Diablo. Not only would it be way too similar to WoW -- WoW pulled a huge chunk of its systems and mechanics directly from Diablo in the first place -- but Diablo already has the most recent full-price release out of all their franchises, and they have expansions planned out for years to come. It'll more likely be a franchise that they hope to revitalize. I'd personally love a Starcraft Galaxies but that might be too recent as well. With that in mind and this tidbit from a supposed former GM: "..the game characters had so much charisma it was almost unbelievable.", I'm thinking Lost Vikings or Rock'n'Roll Racing, however the fuck either of those would work.

From the sounds of the communities around the net, thats exactly what were getting since D3 system is said to be the beta platform for an upcoming game.
If that means the AH/RMAH system, that's probably going to be a huge part of Blizzard DOTA. Or they might just decide to cram it into every game they make from here on, who knows. But as far as the itemization, I'm pretty sure they're aware they fucked it up.

Caeden

I'm not sure Lost Vikings or Rock'n'Roll Racing would be able to hold subs. I'm not sure I see the mmo in Lost Vikings either.

Starcraft may be possible. Warcraft III Frozen Throne was in 03 and WoW came out in 04. Kinda makes sense.

Arakkis

N00b
I'm not sure Lost Vikings or Rock'n'Roll Racing would be able to hold subs. I'm not sure I see the mmo in Lost Vikings either.

Starcraft may be possible. Warcraft III Frozen Throne was in 03 and WoW came out in 04. Kinda makes sense.
I'm not sure you have a sense of humor.