World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
What was the hardest raid fight in WoW history, including hard modes?
Toss-up between Heroic Lich King (no guild killed him unbuffed - Paragons got him at 5% buff) and Heroic Ragnaros before they started with his series of nerfs.

Definitely don't think M'uru falls in that category. You can make an argument for Yogg-0, though I think the tuning was more liberal than the above. C'thun was legit hard but also broken; Blizz had to fix stuff like tentacles spawning during weakened state etc.

Juvarisx

Florida
What was the hardest raid fight in WoW history, including hard modes?
Firefighter Mimiron
Heroic Lich King pre nerf (including pre removal of attempts)
Pre Sunwell Isle Kel'Thalas
0 Light Yogg Saron
Pre Nerf C'Thun
Kel'Thuzad Vanilla
Four Horseman Vanilla
Pre Nerf Muru
Pre Nerf Kil'Jaeden bonus points without clones on a mage or paladin
Pre-Firelands 0 death Sinestra
Heroic Lei-Shen
Heroic Siegecrafter

I am sure there are some I am not thinking of at the moment.

edit. The Mighty Derp Check aka. Archimonde

Chris

Potato del Grande
When I say "retard easy" I mean everything outside of raids. There is no sense of accomplishment to anything other than long grinds like Black Prince. I guess they get more players this way but it diminishes the excitment for coming back for me.

Hardest thing I did was Sunwell (Mu'ru and Kil'Jaeden), but I just don't have time for that anymore.

DavivMcD

Peasant
25 man 0 light Yogg is a fucking pain in the ass still. Tried many many times to solo it as a Blood DK, you need really good gear and a lot of luck and patience. You need decent dps to get the brain down to 30% in 2 portal phases, but you also need to be able to tank 20+ adds hitting for 40-50k in the last phase. The combination of constrictor tentacles and random debuffs in phase 2 can fuck you over and chain CC you for a frustratingly long amount of time, usually not a huge problem but if it delays you going into a portal it's a big problem. But the BIGGEST thing that fucked me over was that about 50% of my attempts I got a bug where the portals out of the brain room never spawned for me. Some problem with phasing I think; I tried quickly relogging in the middle of a brain phase when the portals weren't there, and they were there when I logged back in, but there wasn't enough time to get out at that point and I had done barely any dmg to the brain.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even WoW at it's hardest was never that hard. It just required 25 people to be reasonably competent all at the same time.
No. One guild on the entire planet was able to beat Lich King with a 1% nerf. Guilds spend hours and hours progressing through heroic content. These are all players that are the top of what they do and I don't think you will find one of them say it is easy.

WoW has easy material and different levels of difficulty for the less skilled people because they keep the game going and alive with all those subs. If you are looking for a challenge WoW has it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
25 man 0 light Yogg is a fucking pain in the ass still. Tried many many times to solo it as a Blood DK, you need really good gear and a lot of luck and patience. You need decent dps to get the brain down to 30% in 2 portal phases, but you also need to be able to tank 20+ adds hitting for 40-50k in the last phase. The combination of constrictor tentacles and random debuffs in phase 2 can fuck you over and chain CC you for a frustratingly long amount of time, usually not a huge problem but if it delays you going into a portal it's a big problem. But the BIGGEST thing that fucked me over was that about 50% of my attempts I got a bug where the portals out of the brain room never spawned for me. Some problem with phasing I think; I tried quickly relogging in the middle of a brain phase when the portals weren't there, and they were there when I logged back in, but there wasn't enough time to get out at that point and I had done barely any dmg to the brain.
Shit, sounds like a pain in the ass. And Blood DK's usually are pretty good at soloing stuff. Want my damn robot head!! Time to start seeing if I can get guildies or something to run it with me.

Looked up a WoW timeline, and damn I've missed a lot. I really hope they go back and bring back some of the older raids.
frown.png

I missed:
Sunwell Plat, Level 80 Onyxia, Revamped level 80 deadmines, BRC, SFK, Ulduar, Cata Raids Argaloth, Bastion of Twilight, Occu, Firelands, Dragon Soul, and ZG/ZA heroics.
frown.png

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For any loremaster, who was that orc that pushed Grom out the way of the explosion?

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No. One guild on the entire planet was able to beat Lich King with a 1% nerf. Guilds spend hours and hours progressing through heroic content. These are all players that are the top of what they do and I don't think you will find one of them say it is easy.

WoW has easy material and different levels of difficulty for the less skilled people because they keep the game going and alive with all those subs. If you are looking for a challenge WoW has it.
5%
smile.png
And it was a full 5 more percent before anyone else did it. And that waasn't even the hardest fight in the game.

Anyone that thinks wow is easy, has never been good at it. Good players don't think they game is easy because they fucking know better.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
For any loremaster, who was that orc that pushed Grom out the way of the explosion?
This is basically where the alternate timeline comes into play. Originally, Grom drinks the Blood and the corruption begins (and isn't lifted until Thrall/Grom defeat Mannorath in WC3). Garrosh went back in time and was able to inform his dad not to do it, and they basically staged it where they will kill Mannorath right there.

And as you saw by the Iron Star being used, Garrosh brought the technology from the future to allow the orcs to be conquerors

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This is basically where the alternate timeline comes into play. Originally, Grom drinks the Blood and the corruption begins (and isn't lifted until Thrall/Grom defeat Mannorath in WC3). Garrosh went back in time and was able to inform his dad not to do it, and they basically staged it where they will kill Mannorath right there.

And as you saw by the Iron Star being used, Garrosh brought the technology from the future to allow the orcs to be conquerors
Thanks. I do remember Thrall and Grom killing Mannaroth while Grom dying in the process.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't even recognize what was him until I looked at it again. Forgot he went back into time.

Yea just like Vinyard said. Garrosh's first order of business was telling Grom (without letting him know he's his son from the future) that he will be given a choice that will change the destiny of the orc race. I'm sure in the lore Grom is skeptical as hell, but then Garrosh (I assume) tells him that when the time comes, to ask Gul'dan what they will be giving up for this new power. Something which Grom did NOT do in the original lore/timeline. He simply saw power, drank the blood, and the rest is history.

Garrosh basically convinces Grom that HE is their source of power (with his future tech) and that Mannoroth is a sack of shit who ends up weakening the orc race and ultimately getting shit on while their race can never ascend to it's "true destiny" which would be rulers of Draenor AND Azeroth.

But don't quote me, just bits and pieces I remember from the Garrosh jailbreak book that I read a synopsis of. :p

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
5%
smile.png
And it was a full 5 more percent before anyone else did it. And that waasn't even the hardest fight in the game.

Anyone that thinks wow is easy, has never been good at it. Good players don't think they game is easy because they fucking know better.
Dunno why I though 1%. That fight just stood out to me because I loved the Lich King story.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks. I do remember Thrall and Grom killing Mannaroth while Grom dying in the process.
Yea that was a throwback to the WC3 cinematic where Grom dies. He stands there in the explosion after he hits Mannoroth in the chest with his axe, and takes the full force of the fel blast. THIS time though, Garrosh knows that Grom would be dazed after he dealt the killing blow, and tackles him out of the way. Which is I'm sure something Thrall regrets not being able to do in the "real" timeline, and has probably told Garrosh as much.

Neph_sl

shitlord
There's a lot of parallels to the WC3 cinematic too, namely Grom's jump attack on Mannoroth, who then explodes when killed. Only this time Garrosh jumps in to save his dad.