World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck, they can seriously make some great CGI cinematics.
Makes me have high hopes for the movie, thats for sure. Not that the same people or companies are doing them, but just the over all quality that Blizzard demands of this type of media.

--- The only reason people bitch about having too many difficulties is because LFR, Flex and Normal/Heroic all have separate lock outs. If you recall starting on normal with your character, you were likely still clearing all of flex and maybe one or two wings of LFR. Add in the fact that each of these wings are at least an hour to three and then however much time your guild spent hammering against whatever boss you were having problems with in Normal and that time quickly adds up. Its not mandatory that you do each wing that holds an upgrade for you, but you feel like you have to. Especially if you're in a guild and you dont want to be wearing some 496 gear when you could be wearing LFR's 528. I had a piece of 496 gear last me well into my 540's and I only ever spent VP on upgrading Normal gear.

I frankly didnt care cause I was single at the time - but I feel like people would rather just have one shot at getting an upgrade and call it a week. Or maybe concentrate on working against bosses in Normal and not throwing yourself into a hamster wheel for two difficulties to reach content that is even remotely challenging. Its said over and over that a good player wont spend that long in the lower difficulties, but it really has nothing to do with your skill. I believe its all based on your RNG luck. If you're a good player, congrats, you can do a couple more bosses in a higher difficulty. But you're still limited by your shit gear and if you arent getting upgrades then your ass isnt going anywhere.

If anything, give your higher skilled players the opportunity to short cut the difficulties they find trivial some kind of way. The way Challenge Modes are being used in WoD is a start in the right direction.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty happy with how normal and heroic feel, my biggest issue is that I don't want to play alts anymore because 1-90 is stupid unfun bullshit and then LFR/flex pretty much is too, and you have to run LFR/flex to get geared up to do the same fights (because realistically the amount of people doing heroic ToT and such is pretty low. I don't get how they can completely obsolete raid content within the same expansion) and get the same gear with +gooder stats and finally start staying awake for encounters.

I can kind of understand the people who say it feels 'retard easy', because that's how it is for the first 50-100+ hours or whatever it takes now. It's hard to imagine any other genre where you could get away with saying stuff like, "It's fun after you put in about 60 hours and finish the tutorial that teaches you nothing"

Just the nature of the MMO, I guess. I miss the EQ model of leaving the level cap alone for some expansions and just releasing a slew of zones. Fuck leveling, it's the worst goddamn thing ever. It's nice that the game appeals to all levels, but I hate a lot of the content completely.

I think playing stuff like monster hunter, dark souls, and even wows challenge modes has made me start to realize how bullshit most level and gear-gated content is.

Saban_sl

shitlord
My biggest problem with alts these days is my OCD involving Reputation and Professions. Reps and secondary professions should just be account wide at this point.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apparently Horde on my Battlegroup sucks balls tonight. Figured I'd have a shot of getting past the PvP part of the Legendary quest, but probably not tonight! lol.

Oh fux, does healing make a difference. Switched over to my Holy Paladin, and bam, get a couple wins. Lol.

Tol_sl

shitlord
My biggest problem with alts these days is my OCD involving Reputation and Professions. Reps and secondary professions should just be account wide at this point.
Nat Pagle
mad.png
. I hate fishing something fierce so the fishing and achievements like nat pagle always taunt me. He's the last MoP faction I have to max and I just never see it happening.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MoP factions are probably some of the easiest factions to raise in the game. C'mon now guys...

Tol_sl

shitlord
They are. I just hate fishing so the idea of catching 90-something rare quest fish over 40+ days just ain't happening because effort

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What it made me think of is Trunks going back in time to save Goku so they could defeat the cyborgs. The pinnacle of a great story, DBZ in its dying years. I guess next expansion will see an immortal alien demon come to devour everything then become really angry and turn into a very evil version, say named Majin Sargeras, and only by fusing the power of the Horde and the Alliance will victory be achieved.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
If combat ability spam annoys you that bad, just use Tuanh Combat Routine for Monks. Though honestly, the only hard thing about playing a Brewmaster the legit way is placing a f'n Healing Sphere at your feet and not in a spot that caused you to turn/move the boss. Now that that is gone with WoD, I just really dont have to worry about much when Im playing the beta. A lot of stress has been taken away from the tank and placed right back onto the Healer.

-- I just want the damn cinematic. >.>
Brewmaster flows exactly the same in beta as it does on live, there was never an issue with it. Windwalkers get energy capped though and that annoys me. It's pretty stupid that using an aoe ability is a dps increase on most single target bosses (rushing jade wind)

Bruman

Golden Squire
When I say "retard easy" I mean everything outside of raids. There is no sense of accomplishment to anything other than long grinds like Black Prince. I guess they get more players this way but it diminishes the excitment for coming back for me.
FWIW, the rares you'll run into while in MoP are pretty challenging - especially pre-raid gear. Hell, they may be impossible to solo (at least some of them) pre-raid gear for some classes. Even with raid gear, you pretty much have to play perfectly. Many of them basically have one-or-more one-shot abilities. Raid gear just means you have the DPS to nuke them down quicker so you don't have to deal with their mechanics very long.

Nat Pagle
mad.png
. I hate fishing something fierce so the fishing and achievements like nat pagle always taunt me. He's the last MoP faction I have to max and I just never see it happening.
I like fishing, and I fucking hate his rep too. Took over 20 minutes to get one of the 3 fish last night.

MoP factions are probably some of the easiest factions to raise in the game. C'mon now guys...
They're all easy. Everywhere. Grind mobs, or grind dailies. They're just huge timesinks, and I don't mind that to a point, but MoP has about 20 factions (don't forget all the individual Tillers) that each require about a month's worth of dailies. I'm usually okay for about a week, then I start hating myself for doing them. We have some bonuses which is nice at least (commendations at revered, farm work orders once you get Tillers to exalted, farming warscouts/warbringers, and bonuses to daily heroic/scenario/heroic scenario). But still, each one is a huge grind, and there's a huge grind of grinding for all of them.

Cybsled

What it made me think of is Trunks going back in time to save Goku so they could defeat the cyborgs. The pinnacle of a great story, DBZ in its dying years. I guess next expansion will see an immortal alien demon come to devour everything then become really angry and turn into a very evil version, say named Majin Sargeras, and only by fusing the power of the Horde and the Alliance will victory be achieved.
Starring Leeroy Jenkins as Mr. Satan?

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like fishing, and I fucking hate his rep too. Took over 20 minutes to get one of the 3 fish last night.

They're all easy. Everywhere. Grind mobs, or grind dailies. They're just huge timesinks, and I don't mind that to a point, but MoP has about 20 factions (don't forget all the individual Tillers) that each require about a month's worth of dailies. I'm usually okay for about a week, then I start hating myself for doing them. We have some bonuses which is nice at least (commendations at revered, farm work orders once you get Tillers to exalted, farming warscouts/warbringers, and bonuses to daily heroic/scenario/heroic scenario). But still, each one is a huge grind, and there's a huge grind of grinding for all of them.
This is a huge exaggeration, come on. Really the only one that is a huge time sink from the original set is Nat's. Shando Pan assault and Emp Shao Hao are too, but one is a raid rep and the other you grind on mobs for...not really daily/weekly at all.

Every single one besides that is easy as hell now after the first character and you have the double rep bonus, not to mention the tokens that drop from war bringers and war scouts, eggs for Cloud Serpent, and most of the Tillers have quests that open up along with the daily food and dark soil turn ins.

A week, maybe two tops, for all the ones but the first 3 I mentioned.