World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bruman

Golden Squire
This is a huge exaggeration, come on. Really the only one that is a huge time sink from the original set is Nat's. Shando Pan assault and Emp Shao Hao are too, but one is a raid rep and the other you grind on mobs for...not really daily/weekly at all.

Every single one besides that is easy as hell now after the first character and you have the double rep bonus, not to mention the tokens that drop from war bringers and war scouts, eggs for Cloud Serpent, and most of the Tillers have quests that open up along with the daily food and dark soil turn ins.

A week, maybe two tops, for all the ones but the first 3 I mentioned.
As someone who is currently doing them, no, I'm not exaggerating. The individual Tillers require either grinding mats to make them their foods once a day, or grind picking dirt piles for gifts. I just finished Klaxxi after a few weeks , and that's after using them as bonus rep for weeks. If you're doing multiples at once, you can't use the bonus from daily things for every rep you're working on. Once you get Tillers to exalted you can pick 2 to get an extra 400 rep a day at least.

If you do them just one at a time, you can probably get each one done in about two weeks. Doing multiples at once though, you won't have the bonuses for all of them, and it will take weeks. Most original guides (before the daily and work order bonuses) quote 3-4 weeks, depending on the rep.

Or grind out warscouts/warbringers for most of the reps.

Again - none of them are difficult. But they're noticeable grinds, only for stupid people like myself who collect mounts and reps for no good reason. Some of them are fun though, at least. I like the Golden Lotus ones, and August Celestials are fun if it's the Dragon temple or the one where you fight champions. Klaxxi I found bleh, and Shado Pan I hate. I haven't tried the ones in Krasarang or Isle of Thunder yet - I can only do so many at once.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As someone who is currently doing them, no, I'm not exaggerating. The individual Tillers require either grinding mats to make them their foods for once a day, or grind picking dirt piles for gifts. I just finished Klaxxi for a few weeks , and that's after using them as bonus rep for weeks. If you're doing multiples at once, so you can't use the bonus from daily things for every rep you're working on. Once you get Tillers to exalted you can pick 2 to get an extra 400 rep a day.

If you do them just one at a time, you can probably get each one done in about two weeks. Doing multiples at once though, most won't have the bonuses, and will take weeks. Most original guides (before the daily and work order bonuses) quote 3-4 weeks, depending on the rep.

Again - none of them are difficult. But they're noticeable grinds, only for stupid people like myself who collect mounts and reps for no good reason. Some of them are fun though, at least. I like the Lotus Scouts ones, and August Celestials are fun if it's the Dragon temple or the one where you fight champions. Klaxxi I found bleh, and Shado Pan I hate. I haven't tried the ones in Krasarang or Isle of Thunder yet - I can only do so many at once.
There is something "out there." Something that you could... "download." hehe That will put dirt piles on your mini map and then you're done with that shit in a fraction of the time. Im not sure of the addons um... Legality?.. but its there.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Killed the Dwarf on both toons last night with the help of some randoms outta general chat. Not used to peeps just offering to help for free. Thought maybe I'd have to offer some gold. Got the PvP done on my Holy Paladin, but will hopefully finish it on my Hunter tonight or this weekend. But holy shit, so much more raid farming to do. 20 stones, then 12 titan stones. Damn.
frown.png

On a different note, saw a guild 10/14 H, recruiting, and they raid 9pm-1am. Glad to see some late night guilds. Probably hit them up and see their requirements. That's like perfect time for me.
smile.png

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
There is something "out there." Something that you could... "download." hehe That will put dirt piles on your mini map and then you're done with that shit in a fraction of the time. Im not sure of the addons um... Legality?.. but its there.
Gathermate probably has an addon that lists all the dirt piles. Theres gathermates for pretty much all those kind of random ground spawn things. perfectly legal

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Gathermate probably has an addon that lists all the dirt piles. Theres gathermates for pretty much all those kind of random ground spawn things. perfectly legal
If you turn a couple of your graphics settings to minimum (ground clutter density being the most important), the dirt piles stand out like sore thumbs from quite a distance.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I just finished Klaxxi after a few weeks , and that's after using them as bonus rep for weeks.
Too late now, but if you get to revered with Klaxxi with an alt you don't care about, just doing the regular questline in Dread Wastes will get you well past revered in a single day. Throw in all the dailies that are unlocked at that point and all the shards you've collected, it'll put you about 5-7 days away from exalted, not counting any dungeon rep or work orders.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Too late now, but if you get to revered with Klaxxi with an alt you don't care about, just doing the regular questline in Dread Wastes will get you well past revered in a single day. Throw in all the dailies that are unlocked at that point and all the shards you've collected, it'll put you about 5-7 days away from exalted, not counting any dungeon rep or work orders.
Yeah, I'm a single-toon type of guy., who also does all the quests. I think the zone quests left me in early honored somewhere.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Just the nature of the MMO, I guess. I miss the EQ model of leaving the level cap alone for some expansions and just releasing a slew of zones. Fuck leveling, it's the worst goddamn thing ever. It's nice that the game appeals to all levels, but I hate a lot of the content completely.
I (and I think a good majority of the player base) actually enjoy levelling up through the expansion content. It kind of feels like taking a break almost and playing through a single player RPG for a week or two before jumping into dungeons and raiding. I agree though that every time past the first is boring as fuck though.

Juvarisx

Florida
The worst thing about leveling is getting to the last level area and its clearly built around being able to fly around, so it is a monumental pain in the ass to finish the quests. Seriously, look at Bladespire / Netherstorm in TBC, or Storm Peaks and Icecrown in WoTLK. Cata was different because you could fly, but a zone like Dread Wastes sucked ass at 89 in MoP. Hopefully with no flying for the foreseeable future in Draenor that issue will be solved.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'm a single-toon type of guy., who also does all the quests. I think the zone quests left me in early honored somewhere.
The thing you can do for a lot of the reps is just use the dailies to get to revered, then get the double rep thing then do the normal 1 time quests for double rep. It makes it way faster.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
The worst thing about leveling is getting to the last level area and its clearly built around being able to fly around, so it is a monumental pain in the ass to finish the quests. Seriously, look at Bladespire / Netherstorm in TBC, or Storm Peaks and Icecrown in WoTLK. Cata was different because you could fly, but a zone like Dread Wastes sucked ass at 89 in MoP. Hopefully with no flying for the foreseeable future in Draenor that issue will be solved.
You could have flying by the time you got to Storm Peaks / Icecrown. IIRC you could purchase it at 78?

I suppose that was true early on in the MoP, but at this point you hit 90 barely in to Kun lai.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
As someone who is currently doing them, no, I'm not exaggerating. The individual Tillers require either grinding mats to make them their foods once a day, or grind picking dirt piles for gifts. I just finished Klaxxi after a few weeks , and that's after using them as bonus rep for weeks. If you're doing multiples at once, you can't use the bonus from daily things for every rep you're working on. Once you get Tillers to exalted you can pick 2 to get an extra 400 rep a day at least.

If you do them just one at a time, you can probably get each one done in about two weeks. Doing multiples at once though, you won't have the bonuses for all of them, and it will take weeks. Most original guides (before the daily and work order bonuses) quote 3-4 weeks, depending on the rep.

Again - none of them are difficult. But they're noticeable grinds, only for stupid people like myself who collect mounts and reps for no good reason. Some of them are fun though, at least. I like the Golden Lotus ones, and August Celestials are fun if it's the Dragon temple or the one where you fight champions. Klaxxi I found bleh, and Shado Pan I hate. I haven't tried the ones in Krasarang or Isle of Thunder yet - I can only do so many at once.
You're missing a lot of rep stuff then, or just doing it wrong. Just looking back at my achievements, MoP was released on Sept 25th, and I hit pandaren ambassador on November 1st (Draenai, no human bonus). I hit exalted with Lotus on October 17th, so that's about when I would have hit the other two if they hadn't been gated...just a tad over 3 weeks. This was back when Shado-Pan and Celestials were gated by your Golden Lotus rep too, and there were no Commendation coins ,daily bonus from scenario/dungeon, or zandalari scouts/warbringers.

Shouldn't take nearly as long now, even on your first 90, if you are truly grinding them out.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
So they don't want to have armor dyes because their delicate feels might be hurt when someone isn't using the color they envisioned. Are these adults or control freak SOs