World of Warcraft: Current Year

Inque

FunEmployed
imo he had to tell him something to have him trust him with the plan they pulled off in the cinematic
The orcs are sent on missions by "The Prophet Garrosh" who ends up dying in Nagrand vs Thrall midway through your quest to attack Highmaul. Un the meantime, Garrosh basically said to Gromm, ask the question and then did what Thrall couldn't do, save Gromm after the Fel explosion from killing Mannoroth. Gromm essentially is the last boss but allegedly Illidan is not dead either in this time line and may be reborn into assisting instead in of being corrupted himself to fight Gromm. Its looking like a damn rehash of MoP so far.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Er, spoiler warning?

And I'm not following on how this is a rehash of MoP. MoP was 90% new lore about stupid panda bullshit. The interesting part was the Garrosh story line, but even that was muddled with good characters making stupid decisions just so Garrosh could be transformed from the wimpy bitch he is in BC to somehow stronger than an old god. WoD deals with dozens of established characters and plots from WC2 and 3 that have only been briefly mentioned in WoW up to this point. Grom instead of Garrosh as the final boss may be one similarity (but still an improvement over MoP imo), but all the content leading up to that fight is going to be infinitely more interesting to me.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
The orcs are sent on missions by "The Prophet Garrosh" who ends up dying in Nagrand vs Thrall midway through your quest to attack Highmaul. Un the meantime, Garrosh basically said to Gromm, ask the question and then did what Thrall couldn't do, save Gromm after the Fel explosion from killing Mannoroth. Gromm essentially is the last boss but allegedly Illidan is not dead either in this time line and may be reborn into assisting instead in of being corrupted himself to fight Gromm. Its looking like a damn rehash of MoP so far.
It's basically nothing like MoP. It's more like an old Marvel "What If" comic that picks up during WC3.

There is a heavy Legion influence already in the leveling, including Archimonde as the real big bad manipulating shit

Chris

Potato del Grande
So they ruined the storyline by telling us that the last raid is Burning Legion... so Grom goes bad again? What?

Why are people mentioning Illidan being a boss? Universe B Illidan is in his prison in Azeroth/Ashenvale somewhere. So Universe A Illidan has to somehow come back from the dead, then travel from Universe A Outland to Universe B Draenor, or they put his Dungeon not on the new world they just made :/

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's basically nothing like MoP. It's more like an old Marvel "What If" comic that picks up during WC3.

There is a heavy Legion influence already in the leveling, including Archimonde as the real big bad manipulating shit
Yea, I cant wait till beta is done so I can actually enjoy the storyline. When I first got into the beta I was really getting into it, then they wiped characters and the stark realization that I just wasted my time in a beta....again. I really think people are going to enjoy WoD a lot more than MoP based on lore alone. Im excited.

More HB shit.
It is awesome, but the class profiles that let your buddy do that are not the HB devs. Most of the classes have 1 mega popular profile that is just bad ass. TuanHA for example and any of the classes that he supports. Even his free profiles are bad ass, let alone the ones he charges for off his personal site.

The problem I'm worried about is come WoD, when HB is down for a month or so which is apparently normal for expansions, I'm not going to be able to do shit. lol.
Maybe I wasnt clear in something, lol but yea, I know about the class profiles a little more than you probably realize. I use his routine for my monk when I DPS but I have my own for the mage. I tried to use the paid TuanHA monk routine for tanking but its a pretty horrible experience in Heroic. Its not that the routine is bad, but you just have too much random shit that you have to pause the routine for and take care of. If your tanking partner isnt using HB, its even worse. Anytime I tried Heroicl with the routine on, I would rip aggro away from just about any tank I was with. Thats fine for most mobs, but when you have to deal with Stacks - it gets kind of dumb how easy it is to pull aggro away from another tank even though he just taunted. A human player just cant keep up because HB can execute commands without the hindrance of lag, FPS lag, or the time it takes for your finger to move.

And - there is a way you can force HB to run regardless of version, but if they changed the Warden at all - you're probably fucked. Not to mention any memory location changes.

I don't allow it in PVP though cause I personally think that's bullshit.
The actual developers of HB itself are against the use of it in PVP too. They have a big article stating why in the forums, and it really revolves around their belief that they think Blizzard doesnt care enough to actively fight against HB itself as long as they dont set it up for PVP. Not to mention, the country the team is located in, or at least HB is located in, wont let Blizzard pursue a law suit against them. (at least this is what Ive gathered from reading all of it). I dont even PVP, so it really doesnt apply to me. But if I did, I would probably hold the same attitude towards it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, Garrosh's big plan for conquest is "piss off the Burning Legion." Good one, bro. Almost as good as that whole "align with an old god" thing.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Funny thing about all this scripting discussion, I played EQ again five? or so years ago just to play around with MQ2 since I never did any of that stuff before. Scripting crap became the whole game.. and then once it was running as good as it was going to run, there was no point in playing anymore. But it was really fun tweaking scripts and shit.

Daidraco

Funny thing about all this scripting discussion, I played EQ again five? or so years ago just to play around with MQ2 since I never did any of that stuff before. Scripting crap became the whole game.. and then once it was running as good as it was going to run, there was no point in playing anymore. But it was really fun tweaking scripts and shit.
I didnt get into it until maybe 5? 6? months ago with C++ and Ive recently been learning C# so I can see if I can do anything profitable out of Final Fantasy 14. For some reason Reborn Buddy is done in C#. I made a little program that was actually closer to a looping macro, for P99. EverQuest was surprisingly easy to work with and Im really surprised P99 isnt plagued by more bots. But you're totally right, since you're technically cheating, it cuts the life span of the game for you in half. I loved playing Skyrim, then I got addicted to the console and I cant play it for more than 5 minutes now.

Rime

<Donor>
Yeah, Garrosh's big plan for conquest is "piss off the Burning Legion." Good one, bro. Almost as good as that whole "align with an old god" thing.
Pretty sure Garrosh's plan involved them taking all they could from WoD-Land, then heading through the portal back to OUR Azeroth and taking it over, then destroying the Dark Portal to prevent the WoD-Legion from following, thus solving all of his problemsONCE AND FOR ALL!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
More HB shit.
Maybe I wasnt clear in something, lol but yea, I know about the class profiles a little more than you probably realize. I use his routine for my monk when I DPS but I have my own for the mage. I tried to use the paid TuanHA monk routine for tanking but its a pretty horrible experience in Heroic. Its not that the routine is bad, but you just have too much random shit that you have to pause the routine for and take care of. If your tanking partner isnt using HB, its even worse. Anytime I tried Heroicl with the routine on, I would rip aggro away from just about any tank I was with. Thats fine for most mobs, but when you have to deal with Stacks - it gets kind of dumb how easy it is to pull aggro away from another tank even though he just taunted. A human player just cant keep up because HB can execute commands without the hindrance of lag, FPS lag, or the time it takes for your finger to move.

And - there is a way you can force HB to run regardless of version, but if they changed the Warden at all - you're probably fucked. Not to mention any memory location changes.

The actual developers of HB itself are against the use of it in PVP too. They have a big article stating why in the forums, and it really revolves around their belief that they think Blizzard doesnt care enough to actively fight against HB itself as long as they dont set it up for PVP. Not to mention, the country the team is located in, or at least HB is located in, wont let Blizzard pursue a law suit against them. (at least this is what Ive gathered from reading all of it). I dont even PVP, so it really doesnt apply to me. But if I did, I would probably hold the same attitude towards it.
lol, I've not used it past LFR, as I've not really had the opportunity. I use it on a Hunter and Holy Paladin. The healing I can pump out, while only being 520 ilvl is pretty impressive I think. There's only been a few people I've seen come close, and were much higher ilvl. That or probably using HB as well. lol

Daid, let's create a guild that just dominates due to computers > human reflexes!!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Okay nerds. If my main hand gets a +1% exp bonus and my offhand does not, do I aim to cap at 8.5/7.5% or 7.5/6.5%? (combat rogue)

PS: Hooray that shit going away in 3 months

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
For yellow attacks (abilities), you will only need 7.5% mainhand. Your offhand white (auto-attack) swings will get parried some.

Daidraco

Daid, let's create a guild that just dominates due to computers > human reflexes!!
I wouldnt doubt that there are already some guilds out there that look for this stuff. I wouldnt go so far as to discount everyones work, though.

Okay nerds. If my main hand gets a +1% exp bonus and my offhand does not, do I aim to cap at 8.5/7.5% or 7.5/6.5%? (combat rogue)

PS: Hooray that shit going away in 3 months
Abilities are based off your main hand expertise. Stats > OH Exp. White damage is ranked pretty far down in the grand scheme.

I saw it talked about, but no one ever linked it. I think its pretty cool little animated clip.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt doubt that there are already some guilds out there that look for this stuff. I wouldnt go so far as to discount everyones work, though.
Oh no, there are some insane people out there that can run these rotations just as good. But the amount of work that it is required to do that, is... insane. I first got into scripted rotations with PQR. When that got shut down, I moved over to HB, who had them for a very long time. PQR was nice, because for say, the paladin rotation, the guy was modding his rotation based on the heroics he was doing, so it had a lot of neat features. Sometimes I feel the HB devs like TuanHA, are fairly disconnected from the actual game. They are just raking in mass cash. Then again, they have to have some idea of what's going on, considering they write how the rotation works.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So Universe A Illidan has to somehow come back from the dead, then travel from Universe A Outland to Universe B Draenor, or they put his Dungeon not on the new world they just made :/
Timewalkers' tunnels, man. Timewalkers' tunnels.

(I was going to write "It's Chris Metzen, what consistency did you expect", but I realize it's probably those durned ex-Bronze's who are going to let us enlist his help)

Any of you dudes run regular flexes or normals these days? Got a 550 rogue I'd love to get a Garrosh kill on before 6.0