World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thok is still wonky as hell
That asshole leaves meat globes all over the place, during and after you encounter him

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Heroic raids where every fight and every mechanic has to be explained in detail (IT'S OVER A GODDAMN YEAR OLD) with numerous deaths to said mechanics while boss HP is so under-tuned that you can probably win anyway and the retards never get kicked out is good times, good times.

It was the most awful thing I've ever seen.

Bring back oqueue.

Got everything but Garrosh. This group.. holy fuck. P3 was over in 15 seconds every time. That's how long it took for the whole raid to be charmed. But they reached P3 every time, with people dead from annihilates, standing in iron stars, etc.
Sorry brah, I should have invited you to the one I was in. We actually got more DPS in to kill Garrosh.

And fuck is his encounter still bugged. We had him mysteriously reset quite a few times.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Made a mage, going to hit 60 and use the boost for the free tradeskills boost, can anyone recommend 2 professions?

Rime

<Donor>
Gathering professions.

All of the combat 'perks' have been removed.

So really, you can go with whatever the heck you want. 'Most' of the tradeskill gear can be made in your Garrison in WoD. Having a tradeskill gives you access to extra cooldowns from the associated building and your own internal cooldown.

Keep in mind that you are limited to 3 WoD Crafted items worn at a time in the epic range. (Cloak (LW), Ring/Neck (JC), then there are 2 available pieces in your specific armor type (2 Plate, 2 Mail, 2 Leather, 2 Cloth, etc).

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Made a mage, going to hit 60 and use the boost for the free tradeskills boost, can anyone recommend 2 professions?
In all honesty it doesn't matter too much. It would probably be hard to catch up on something like jewelcrafting (daily recipe RNG thing to get the useful cuts) or enchanting (rep with august celestials for the good enchants) in the few weeks we have left so I don't know if there is any short term benefit. WoD is going to fuck everything all up and its hard to tell what garrisons will mean for gathering professions. I'd probably just say go tailoring and whatever else suits your fancy (jc, ench, insc would all be useful) so that you can start working towards the epic armor for yourself in WoD.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I have to say, my favorite thing about this recent patch is the highlighting around characters, enemies, and clickable objects in the world.

Needless

Toe Sucker
can't go wrong with enchanting, i'm highly considering dropping inscription for mining so i can do enchanting/mining on mine.
I have like 3 black smiths.. 3 jewelcrafters and 4 engineers with no miner anymore
frown.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
can't go wrong with enchanting, i'm highly considering dropping inscription for mining so i can do enchanting/mining on mine.
I have like 3 black smiths.. 3 jewelcrafters and 4 engineers with no miner anymore
frown.png
Hasn't enchanting been completely gutted except for weapons and transmogs?

Edit: Post 1337.

Needless

Toe Sucker
as far as i know, they're adding neck and ring enchants that you can put them on yourself and other people, however they're only secondary stats.
It's always nice to have the ability to disenchant and enchant your own items though, since it saves quite a bit of $$

and makes good $$ if you sell the mats.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the Garrison mine does provide you with enough minerals to do the various daily cooldowns from both professions and your Garrison workorders so you should be good. What I don't really see, though, is any way to market the results of your tradeskill to anyone unless they are of the type who completely ignores both professions and the Garrison.

Vitality

HUSTLE
My lock has max JC max Inscrip I think and a wad of gold. I should log in and gut the hoe and roll a Ret paladin.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So really, you can go with whatever the heck you want. 'Most' of the tradeskill gear can be made in your Garrison in WoD.
The big difference between your own and not your own tradeskill building is that you don't absolutely need the building at level 3 to make epics. Also, you can only craft the starter ilvl 640 epics; you can't make the upgrades to ilvl 665, and you'll have to purchase those on the AH.

Having a tradeskill gives you access to extra cooldowns from the associated building and your own internal cooldown.
And that speeds up a LOT the crafting of epics. Having a skill without building would give you base speed in crafting the BOP items, having the building without the skill means twice, the building plus the skill is three times faster (or 33% faster than without the skill). More or less.

Note that all WoD craft recipes are learnable at skill 1 and give 5 points per orange skillup. Meaning you can raise your skill to 600 reasonably fast. Not sure if getting to level 60 is faster (it probably is), but it's almost certainly not worth the aggravation if the 1-60 is boring for you.
It's always nice to have the ability to disenchant and enchant your own items though, since it saves quite a bit of $$
Note that you don't need enchanting for that, you just need access to an enchanting building on your garrison or a friend/guildy's garrison who gave visit rights to you (does that work correctly?).

But otherwise, enchanting is a meh profession. No items, just a few boring enchants. Inscription kept its staves and trinkets (and the Darkmoon Decks do not count in the 3 crafted), Alchemy is pretty much unchanged save the perk loss, jewelcrafting is boring to tears (6 colorless gems for a single secondary stat only x 2 qualities, no meta - but at least it still has ring/neck). Tailoring/Leather/Smithing are pretty much interchangeable (save that smithing makes weapons while tailor/leather make capes, meaning a few more recipes for smithing).

Haven't seen how it works if you start your garrison as an herbo/miner (or skinner), since that opens none of the small buildings.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm guessing you can't use the garrison to disenchant any items you have though right? thats primarily all i use enchanting for on my characters anyway

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
frown.png
Plus side with garrisons at least you can get some ore naturally without having to have mining but I am in the same boat and probably will use my level boost on somebody with mining just to feed me some more mineral resources.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
as far as i know, they're adding neck and ring enchants that you can put them on yourself and other people, however they're only secondary stats.

and makes good $$ if you sell the mats.
I have seen on the beta forums a lot of people doing level up use the enchanter building that allows you to disenchant your own stuff at it without even needing enchanting skill.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm guessing you can't use the garrison to disenchant any items you have though right? thats primarily all i use enchanting for on my characters anyway
Garrison Enchanting Building has a disenchant cauldron you toss your shit into regardless of your professions and it disenchants just fine.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
what the fuck. theres no damn reason to have enchanting then
dropping that shit for mining tonight~
That is kinda my plan run the enchanting hut during level up just so I can disenchant all of the things and then swap it out for something else later.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have every profession maxed on my stable of characters, all the epic stuff for WoD is BoE right? Meaning I can just pick and choose which character to craft it on and upgrade it with and then mail it around?