World of Warcraft: Current Year

spronk

FPS noob
any guesses

blizzPAXEAST.jpg

blizzPAXEAST.jpg

Cybsled

No clue. Although one could only hope for Blizzard's version of the Source Film Maker ;P

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard All-Stars
Pretty sure they clarified that it wasn't All-Stars either.

I assume it's some mobile game, maybe a small team did a multiplayer Rock N Roll racing revival.

(As an aside, how nuts could Blizzcon be this year? Diablo 3 expansion, WoW 6.0, and they have to reveal Titan one of these years, right?)

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
"Get your hands on"?

Finally, my dreams of a high quality Blizzard endorsed night elf fleshlight will be realized!

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You guys have a lot better luck than I. Ran my frost DK through EVERY pre-5.2 LFR and got 2 items, making a grand total of 3 received in LFR. And that was using all the Elder Charms I got from a key run (over 10).

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Where do tokens come from to get double rolls on 5.0 stuff now? The old vendor guy just has new ones as a reward for 90 daily shits

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Good shit what in the lord's name did they do to the talent system? I go away for 3.5 years and come back to a whole fucking mess of "what the fuck is going on here".

Cybsled

Ya, they overhauled the talent system at the end of Cata. Basically, a lot of the mandatory talents were baked into the classes as normal abilities you learn as you level up and some of the abilities were placed into the new talent system in an effort to make talents less "omfg, pick this or you are gimped!" and more along the lines of "this set of tools may be useful to me now/useful for this encounter". You can change them on the fly out of combat if you have the skill book mats in your inventory vs. having to go to your trainer, much like you would with glyphs.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So after the initial shock it should turn out to be a good thing...?

Not going to be able to do much about it either way heh, just liked my affliction warlock the way it was.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So after the initial shock it should turn out to be a good thing...?

Not going to be able to do much about it either way heh, just liked my affliction warlock the way it was.
It's not really a good or bad thing at this point. It's the way it is type of thing. Some people that can really optimize and carry around books with them at all times can really eek out that last portion of DPS by changing their talents every fight. For instance a hunter might talent deterrence on fights that have otherwise unavoidable damage and then swap back out of it for the next fight that doesn't have a lot of extra damage, things like that.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
What is Blizzard All-Stars? I haven't been paying attention but I assume it's their own MOBA they've been making for a while?

spronk

FPS noob
Where do tokens come from to get double rolls on 5.0 stuff now? The old vendor guy just has new ones as a reward for 90 daily shits
Run to the new isle of thunder (portal is in townlong steppes, you should have a breadcrumb quest). Look around for a treasure chest (golden) and/or kill a rare mob, people will usually shout shit out in /1 but be assholes about where it is etc. The locations of all the treasure chests on the island are onhttp://www.wowhead.com/object=218593they are only lootable once per week per character so its really easy getting one (they respawn almost instantly but are invisible once you loot one).

You will receive an epic key to lei shens treasure trove. Go to the cave by the (locked for now) gate in the middle of the island, you can turnin the key to a guy and start a solo scenario. The solo scenario is basically a aladdin/laracroft style treasure run, loot as many chests as you fucking can in 5 minutes. Chests can contain elder charms, you will usually get 5-15 charms per weekly 5 minute run, and you can get a shit ton more stuff like 502 LFR loot, tons of gold, tokens for various shit, etc. The tokens you can snag from the scenario are also usable on Sha and Galleon world bosses, x-realm too.

There is also a quest guy in the horde/ally panda home bases that lets you turn in 90 dailys token coins for 3 mogu charms, which are used in the new 5.2 raids and world bosses. More info on 5.2 stuff is athttp://www.wowhead.com/news=211211/p...-content-guide

Cybsled

What is Blizzard All-Stars? I haven't been paying attention but I assume it's their own MOBA they've been making for a while?
It used to be called Blizzard DOTA, til they changed the name after that short spat with Valve about the DOTA trademark.