World of Warcraft: Current Year

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nice to see rogues not being at the bottom of the list anymore, I havent played one since early wraith, i love the additional skills they got in MoP.. Dispatch is godlike~

Dom_sl

shitlord
I'm getting real fucking sick of the spell effect design in the game these days. I just ran a dungeon with a lock that had the new green fire, and his immo aura/hellfire were giant fucking fields of bright pulsing web designed green bullshit. I couldn't see anything else on the ground, which is kind of problematic because you can't attack a level 1 critter without it attacking you with some sort of ground aoe these days, let alone in a dungeon. Not only was I unable to see anything else on the ground, but the effect is so flashy that it's near impossible to not focus on, causing you to be really distracted.

We've needed a client option to turn off friendly spell effects for 2 expansions now.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Apparently there is a monk bug that has monks in LFR doing insane amounts of damage. Just did LFR ToE on my alt and this was the damage meters. This was the ToE Sha fight. Trash packs in ToE they were doing over 5 million dps.

rrr_img_17044.jpg

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Just did Oondasta for the first time. Think it might hit a bit too hard? lol. This was on a PVE server, too:

WoWScrnShot_031113_235019.jpg

Got a free 522 chest out of it, at least!

kudos

<Banned>
Apparently there is a monk bug that has monks in LFR doing insane amounts of damage. Just did LFR ToE on my alt and this was the damage meters. This was the ToE Sha fight. Trash packs in ToE they were doing over 5 million dps.

rrr_img_17044.jpg
Nah, they were just the only ones actually at their computer playing this stupid game still. The other dps were probably jerking off or smoking their bong.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The damage on Oondasta comes from people stacking too close to each other. All it takes is one ranged standing in the melee and everyone gets gibbed.

Any idea why they're restarting realms right now?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oondasta has an ability that is like the old C'Thun bouncing eyebeam. Basically, if people are clustered together, the damage ramps up to the point where the attack will instagib that part of the raid essentially.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, that's a shitty mechanic that should never exist on world bosses. Want to fuck with an opposing group's raid? Go stand in the middle and wipe them.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, that's a shitty mechanic that should never exist on world bosses. Want to fuck with an opposing group's raid? Go stand in the middle and wipe them.
Since my retarded ass server will never down it on Horde side, thank you for this.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/mon...#disqus_threadWith Video Proof.

Monk Bug Causes Huge Damage Numbers! - World of Warcraft (Video)

World of Warcraft played host to a bizarre monk bug, resulting in some insane damage numbers.

Reddit user MidOrFeed put the above video of this bug up on reddit, and various tweets and forum posts appeared as more and more players discovered the bug, most likely by accident. This could have been seen as an exploit by Blizzard if players were to deliberately take advantage, but less likely if players just happened upon it by accident and proceeded as normal, rather like we see in the video above. An example of exploiting might have been for players to assemble a raid principally comprised of windwalker monks, for example.

The monk bug was based on the interaction of two abilities, Rushing Jade Wind and Spinning Crane Kick. Rushing Jade Wind is an ability affecting Spinning Crane Kick, giving it a damage multiplier. It seems like there was the accidental addition of some additional numbers to the Spinning Crane Kick multiplier, making the kick far more powerful than was ever intended. A cursory glance at some World of Logs pages reveals that, with these high numbers for monk output, Spinning Crane Kick was dealing about 98% of the damage the monks were putting out. And that was huge damage. World of Logs has one monk at 4.48 million DPS.

Now, clearly, this is not working as intended. While monks needed a DPS buff or two, they definitely should not have been putting out these sorts of numbers. People who have played for a couple of patches, specifically the Dragon Soul 4.3 Cataclysm patch?s early days, will remember a similar issue with retribution paladins, where their Censure ability that was dealing far too much damage.

Rather like the Censure bug, this was hotfixed at high speed, with rolling restarts to repair the bug completed at around 5.30pm PDT, as Blizzard confirmed on Twitter.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else think the new raids generating Random Enchantment items with One Stat (and thus mathematically crap) is rather dumb?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Green drops or? I figured it was just for transmog purposes.

I have terrible luck getting a 2nd agi dagger ground spawn from Dread Wastes
frown.png

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya playing in The Overthere as a level 32 bard was so much more fun than any of the shit WoW has to offer these days, amirite?
I'm playing the now lesser corrupt,still broken resist mechanics red99 over everything else out right now andGLADLY.

If SoE finally put out that true original Velious box, let's call it EQPC and its a classic Velious server? I'll roll on EQPC first day and gladly pay 14.99 a month.

If something better comes out than EQPC? I'd play that. No mystery here. WoW is so watered down I can't even hear myself think when I'm playing it over the sound of "GOD THIS IS WATERED DOWN AND EASY, FUCKING OBAMA" in my head.