World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It takes an ABSURD amount of gathered materials to make an item in WoD.

The ore and herbs are not enough if you want to be a serious crafter. Think of it more like the garden from MoP. A supplement to gathering, not a replacement.

1TruesteelIngot is 20 xTrue Iron Oreand 10 xBlack Rock Ore.

To make ONE of the 630 Weapons, you will need 100 Truesteel Ingots, 20 True Iron Ore, and 20 Blackrock Ore.

To upgrade it to 645, it takes 100, 20, and 20 again. Then again to upgrade it to 655.

The 640 Armor has similar requirements, 100 Truesteel Ingots and then a secondary item depending on the slot (Herb, Leather, Cloth, etc).

All the other crafting skills use similar amounts of their components (Tailoring, I know, uses a buttload of herbs to make it's item specific cloths).
All of which is entirely irrelevant when the limiting factor is your daily allotment of work orders. Mine/Herb Garden keep up with the work orders just fine, even at rank 2--at rank 3 you will be producing a surplus. Also,work orders for truesteelonly take 5 true iron ore each. The JC version is just 5 blackrock, and Eng uses 2 of each type of ore.

You actually get four from that combine
It's 4 at sub-600 skill, scaling up to 10 at 700 skill and with the correct follower assigned to the building.

Is anyone planning on running multiple crafters of the same profession? I have multiple tailors on my account (3 I believe) and am wondering if doing work orders on them all makes sense.
It makes sense if you want to make 3 pieces of cloth armor much faster than one tailor could do it, but hexweave cloth is BoP. I think only inscription benefits from sharing like that, because darkmoon cards still work the same as before and you can pool all your cards to make decks. Unfortunately the trinkets are pretty meh this time, with procs that follow the shitty 15%/115s ICD template, and it's unique-equipped(3).

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ouch I did not realize the darkmoon trinket was one of the 3 crafted item limit items. It makes sense but really kills any reason why you would bother with them.

Vorph

Yeah, cloaks (both tailor and LW) are the only exception to the unique(3) rule at the moment. Still remains to be seen if that will make it to release.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ouch I did not realize the darkmoon trinket was one of the 3 crafted item limit items. It makes sense but really kills any reason why you would bother with them.
Actually it's not that bad they are part of the 3 since there aren't many (any?) other sources of epic trinkets pre-Highmaul, whereas there are multiple ways to get epics for every other non-weapon slot.

Vorph

Multiple ways? If you're talking about apexis, there's no helm, shoulders, or chest. Helm doesn't matter since everyone will get their 640 epic from MC, but shoulders and chest are a much better use of unique(3) itemization along with a weapon than a trinket is.

Apexis gear sounds like a fucking unholy bastard of a grind too.

Tantrik

Multiple ways? If you're talking about apexis, there's no helm, shoulders, or chest. Helm doesn't matter since everyone will get their 640 epic from MC, but shoulders and chest are a much better use of unique(3) itemization along with a weapon than a trinket is.

Apexis gear sounds like a fucking unholy bastard of a grind too.
3 world bosses, daily CM, garrison invasions, etc.

There is a nice little guide on early gearing up on wowhead

Vorph

Last I heard world bosses are delayed just like the raids are. The rest seems like winning the RNG lottery.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I don't like the idea that having a lot of alts is directly and massively beneficial to your main character's power. They should have made the cooldown-based crafting components BoP, given the importance and power of crafted gear in WoD. The best crafted items are going to be BiS for a long time but are not realistically obtainable within reasonable time for players who aren't either millionaires or have 3-4 alts that can harvest the blood or whatever for free. It seems wrong that the people with the best gear are going to be the ones with the most alts.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still trying to accept that I have to manage a team of bots to enjoy the game. As if doing that every day at work wasn't enough. I'd have been much more happy with housing Eq2 style.

Tantrik

Last I heard world bosses are delayed just like the raids are. The rest seems like winning the RNG lottery.
Nope, world bosses are supposed to be accessible from the start. The daily Challenge Mode reward contains a 640 spec appropriate armor piece. Randomized secondaries, but there is a crafted item that rerolls secondary stats on items.

The point though is that the only source of pre-raid 640+ trinkets seem to be the DMF trinkets. Of course the first DMF post-launch is the Sunday after normal/heroic Highmaul goes live.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That's you buying and then selling higher right, not you generating moss agates and selling them?
Correct, cleaning up undercutter garbage can sales every morning. Making G's on the dirty down back of the lazies.

Doing the same thing with deviate delights. (I don't have enough liquid capital to get in other markets at the moment)

Almost level 60

Carl_sl

shitlord
I guess I just haven't been paying attention but apparently we get followers that run around and fight with us outside our garrison? Seems like a weird choice to me even if I am late to the party.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I guess I just haven't been paying attention but apparently we get followers that run around and fight with us outside our garrison? Seems like a weird choice to me even if I am late to the party.
"Bodyguard" followers can, theres only a handful of them though

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would go so far as to theorize that this will be their first experiment with the Companion system that Star Wars The Old Republic has - like many others have said. I gotta constantly remind myself that a lot of stuff that seems empty now is because this is the first content patch of the expansion and the companions, bodyguards, w/e, are just the first iteration of it.

-edit- and OH, if we go back to Northrend? Color me fucking excited! I dont really care if we are playing the 3d version of WC3. Blizzard skipped so much lore and content that expansion that it just annoys the fuck out of me. I still wanted that Troll - Snake raid that never came about. We were suppose to have a raid in every zone of Northrend - and well, you see how far that went.

-Edit 2-
Correct, cleaning up undercutter garbage can sales every morning. Making G's on the dirty down back of the lazies.

Doing the same thing with deviate delights. (I don't have enough liquid capital to get in other markets at the moment)

Almost level 60
What are you using to predict whats under valued, what actual market value of an item is and so forth? If I can save my time from grinding leather mats - Ill be a happier person for it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
-Edit 2-

What are you using to predict whats under valued, what actual market value of an item is and so forth? If I can save my time from grinding leather mats - Ill be a happier person for it.
Tradeskillmaster addon suite. Using their third party market price auctionDB updating tool so I don't have to scan every day.

https://www.tradeskillmaster.com/

Primarily using it to determine purchase price range, for instance anything under 11g for moss agate is an auto buy. anything under 5g for deviate delights etc.

Can setup shopping lists in the addon that will auto scan and buy these up in bulk sweeps.

Overall great addon suite for managing bulk inventories, profitability of tradeskill combinations. Gives a great look at global and local market prices over larger sample sizes than your individual scans can provide.

Prior to WoD I used this to automate posting and crafting and buying mats for my Jewel crafting list.

Also shows volume moved per day on average in the default tooltip. Which is important so you don't get suckered into low volume markets.

Edit:

Gonna catch it like Berkman, Lance

axeman_sl

shitlord
I just got the heirloom sword off Garrosh on my druid. What's the deal with this? It was on the not-guaranteed chance after having killed him before, but I only had the staff already. I didn't particularly need the mace or off-hand, but it would be nice to have them, and it's really weird that it gave me an item my class can't equip at all when I don't have all the usable ones. I would be super pissed if I didn't already have the one I wanted.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like an interesting suite. Just one more question though - what in the hell are you using to handle all that mail? I never loot shit in a PUG raid and I get swamped with trash in my mail box. So Im all to accustom to clicking for 30 minutes on a laggy server for each individual piece of mail.

I just got the heirloom sword off Garrosh on my druid. What's the deal with this? It was on the not-guaranteed chance after having killed him before, but I only had the staff already. I didn't particularly want the mace or off-hand, but it's still really weird that it gave me an item my class can't equip at all when I don't have all the usable ones. I would be super pissed if I didn't already have the one I wanted.
(If I can discern what exactly you're saying correctly)If you already have your initial heirloom for that difficulty - then thats the only heirloom that is going to be a guaranteed drop, and a guaranteed item your class can use. The rest of the heirloom drops are RNG.