World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hear engineer is worse off than JC come WoD as far as marketability, really depends on what you want from engineering. Seems like anything worth selling can be made from the engi garrison building (+work orders) by anyone who grabs that building so there's that.
I like[d] eng for the convenience items, but sadly it seems like they are giving away almost all of that to non-engineers in WoD. The biggest kick in the nuts though is the MC helm. Who's going to use one of their three crafted slots to replace a free ilvl 640 helm? Only an idiot, that's who. It doesn't matter that the goggles can eventually be upgraded to 665, everyone is still going to replace ilvl 630 items instead.

Inscription (8/10)

they are the only ones that can make the items to upgrade weapons
This is wrong, or at least he worded it very poorly. Each profession makes the items to upgrade its own gear. Scribes upgrade staves, engineers upgrade guns, smiths upgrade swords, axes, maces, etc.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Also remember that there is the Ashran gear which is 660 epics you can get. They took out needing artifact fragments so now all you need is Revered rep with Wrynn's Vanguard or the Horde equivalent.

Admittedly, I don't know how hard of a rep grind Revered is but for several specs this gear is better itemized to the point that its better than some pieces of Highmaul heroic (670) gear.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Correct, cleaning up undercutter garbage can sales every morning. Making G's on the dirty down back of the lazies.

Doing the same thing with deviate delights. (I don't have enough liquid capital to get in other markets at the moment)

Almost level 60
I did that with Frostweave Cloth for a few months, fall of 2013 to earlier this year. Brought some nice money, but it was risky. At one point market price crashed to 50% of my BUY value. Two weeks later it was back up and I sold the 10k+ frostweave I had on stock, but I wouldn't want to be in that situation again. Almost all my gold was bound in frostweave. I was not a smart man.

I wonder every day how MoP gems still sell like candy. I mean, the expansion is less than a week away, still sell a fuckload of gems.
I also started going into the transmog thing, running AQ20/40 on four 90s currently, got really lucky on a few pants. One pair sold for ~4k last night, another has a market value of ~25k or so TSM tells me.

I'll have to look into an auction house alt though, stuff is fucking up my inventory way too much.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I am sure eventually they are going back to the lich king story line because of where it leaves off after you beat arthas. There always has to be a lich king and currently that is bolvar and some tormented flamy guy who is now the lich king clearly is never(always) going to turn evil and world destroying and conveniently gives them an "alliance" bad guy.
Wrathion is going to try to become the new lich king when he figures out that eventually the orcs always lose.

Vorph

There's another good perspective on crafting in WoD from this guy's podcast:Late Nite With Stede: Episode 27 - Which Professions for Goldmaking in WoD

For those who don't want to listen to the whole thing:
Mining - 3/10
Herbalism - 5/10
Skinning - 5/10

Blacksmith - 8.5/10
Leatherworking - 7.5/10
Tailoring - 7.5/10
Alchemy - 7/10
Engineering - 6.5/10
Jewelcrafting - 6.5/10
Enchanting - 9.5/10
Inscription - 9.5/10
Do note that he suggests having one of each primary profession, so part of the rating is how good the profession stacks on multiple characters. In other words, alchemy is only a 7/10 because there's very little reason to consider having it on multiple characters. If you aren't swimming in alts, I'd put it up there with BS. I also still think that he is making the same mistake as many other people by thinking that past performance of inscription is an indicator of how well it will do in WoD.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Looks like I'm going enchanting/inscrip tonight when I hit 60 and boost, reminds me of the golden days.

I have altaphobia so I won't be doing anything with multiple characters.

Vorph

Enchanting is definitely a good one to boost since it's such an ungodly pain in the ass to raise to 600 normally. If I could do my boost over, I would go with ench/scribe as well. I have a friend with both those profs though, so at least I can get the important stuff without getting gouged by AH fags. I will definitely be making use of the small garrison buildings for those profs on my alts though (incidentally, the latest episode of that podcast I linked above talks about which small buildings are most useful in any open slots you have across all your characters).

For my three characters on Stormrage, I ended up choosing Engr/BS, LW/Skin, and Alch/Herb. If the new profession catch up method gets patched to actually be viable, I'll probably drop herbalism for ench at some point.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing I find odd he rates tailors high for their ability to make epic armor and bags for people but ranks leatherworking really low when leatherworking makes epic upgrades for all leather and mail wearers which are 5 of the available classes. One would think if the epics are useful at all for the other armor types the crafter who can make armor for more classes than any other would be at least as highly rated as tailoring who can only make armor for 3 classes.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Just saw the vid of Garrosh being soloed, shit like that amazes me. Also makes me want to play a DK!

Vitality

HUSTLE
Gonna setup my inscription money scheme here this weekend when I boost it. Mysterious fortune cards baby.

Will post results and possibly a video if desired.