World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Negative, he is referring to the monk dailies at the place you get the free port to. That's a 50 or 100% xp boost buff. If you save it and renew it the next day it will last 2 hours. If you fuck around for an hour a day or two hours every other day the xp is indeed insane.
There's a level cap on this, right? I mean you stop getting the xp buff at a certain point?

EnigmaticParadigm

Molten Core Raider
I've had the most fun in a long time; not gearing up on raids that will be obsolete in a week, but going back and collecting mounts, transmog gear, and such. BC was amazing and WOTLK was my golden years. Cataclysm disappointed me, and MoP was a filler for something better. I'm stupid pumped for this expansion; the only one I got the collectors edition for. Can't wait for the next 2 plus years of posts for this. Love this community.

Rime

<Donor>
For all of the flack that people have given MoP, I have to wonder if they were seriously raiding during that period or just faffing about, doing LFR, and nothing else?

The world was beautiful and while there were WAY too many dailies at the start of the expansion, the exploration aspects and some of the things they implemented ('Treasures', more rares, etc.) were quite fun and will be a larger part of the WoD game cycle.

The raids themselves ranged from 'eh' (Mogu) to great (ToT) to awesome (SoO - It would be amongst the better tiers if only 1) It had not gone on for 14 months due to poor planning, 2) Some of the later heroic fights were not so ball-crushingly tuned).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Did they ever implement instanced zones or whatever? I'd hate to be on a high pop server this time tomorrow night.
Well, they did implement reverse instancing, in which all kind of people from various servers end up on the same zone. Which isn't going to be an issue in Draenor.

Even non high pop servers are going to get pretty crowded.

xzi

Mouthbreather
For all of the flack that people have given MoP, I have to wonder if they were seriously raiding during that period or just faffing about, doing LFR, and nothing else?

The world was beautiful and while there were WAY too many dailies at the start of the expansion, the exploration aspects and some of the things they implemented ('Treasures', more rares, etc.) were quite fun and will be a larger part of the WoD game cycle.

The raids themselves ranged from 'eh' (Mogu) to great (ToT) to awesome (SoO - It would be amongst the better tiers if only 1) It had not gone on for 14 months due to poor planning, 2) Some of the later heroic fights were not so ball-crushingly tuned).
I think that's mostly it, at the start the over saturation of dailies was beyond retarded and at the time the absolute best way to go about getting gear as it was better than heroic gear as well. Having like 30 dailies a day that are mandatory if you want to progress is silly, and I'm sure they have learned from that. (One can hope). That was about my only gripe with MOP, that and the massive downtime between content. I understand that WoD has been in development for a long time but jesus you gotta.. add something. Like at least a 5man somewhere in those 14 months? lol.

I did love everything else about MoP, from storytelling to overall design of the world was really fantastic. Even the detail put into dungeons and raids are beautiful compared to like.. almost anything they've done before.

Either way, I'm getting super hype and don't have shit to do til monday so WoD til my eyes bleed here I come

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, so I ended up boosting a priest. But I am leveling the monk. Realized I had the exp boost items and I can get the rest of them at the Darkmoon Faire. And seeing the new content leveling is pretty neat actually. This should be fun!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Negative, he is referring to the monk dailies at the place you get the free port to. That's a 50 or 100% xp boost buff. If you save it and renew it the next day it will last 2 hours. If you fuck around for an hour a day or two hours every other day the xp is indeed insane.
It actually stacks to 24 hours. Just do the quest real quick every day you play and you'll have it at max duration before you know for when you actually feel like leveling.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
This thread is a bastard. I held out for so long, but broke down this morning and ordered WoD. Now I have to do some research. I have a Druid, DK, Paladin (if I boost),and Mage. Will most likely start with the druid as I enjoyed healing in SoO and the versatility of tanking in dungeons for faster groups. That, or my mage because of engineering, because that is fun. Anyway, best start doing some research I suppose.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes panda monks are crazy. You get the normal panda reseted boost and then you get the daily huge monk buff and you also get a version of it every 10 levels. When leveling to 60 I basically had the monk xp buff going for my total play sessions which makes chain running dungeons stupidly good XP because the mobs there are worth a lot of kill xp and thats all basically being doubled by your xp buffs.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Kinda sucks having every class at cap, 11th hour and I still can't pick a main. Was all gung ho on mages until 6.0, I really fucking hate the no healing at all and shit awful shields paradigm that's been introduced for the class. Anyone done the shadowpriest on beta 100 have any infos on fun/effectiveness?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Mages will get their glyph of regenerative ice finally, which is nice.. it's basically the evo healing glyph packed into ice block instead.
Shadow priests seem to be in a very good state in WoD, not at the top but still top 5ish or so? also very good in pvp

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kinda sucks having every class at cap, 11th hour and I still can't pick a main. Was all gung ho on mages until 6.0, I really fucking hate the no healing at all and shit awful shields paradigm that's been introduced for the class. Anyone done the shadowpriest on beta 100 have any infos on fun/effectiveness?
Shadow priest is very solid. In pvp ff they can free cast shit dies very quickly. PVE damage I don't think is that great right now but they own in PVP. And if they nerf shadow priest you can always switch to healer.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I find it highly amusing that maximum DPS from the "Dot-less" Shadow Spec involves casting your DoTs.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
HAHA I am kinda in the same boat. I am pretty sure I am going to first level my druid but I also want to do my warrior and shaman. My warrior has been my main through every expansion to date but the change to arms which is my normal leveling spec really does not amuse me so probably go druid first. If nothing else resto mode pvp at max level should be a hoot before everybody starts getting tons of max level pvp gear.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hunter bro for life.

Another plus: The gearing for marks/surv is so similar that I can use marks for the extra 10% on patchwerk and survival everywhere else.

Off the top of my head, pawn values for marks at heroic level gear:
Weapon dps 25
Agility 10
Ap 9
Crit/Multi 5
Versatility/Mastery 4.5
Haste 4

For surv:
DPS: 10
Agi: 10
AP: 9
Multi: 5.5
Crit/Vers: 5
Mastery: 4
Haste: 3.5

Aka, only two or three item slots will even change.

EDIT: Also, ass rogue is pretty much the same thing I show for marks except crit has an edge over multi. So everyone is going to want the same shit.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Surv looking more viable now? Last I heard it got gutted pretty bad. I was planning on staying Marks and keeping BM as the OS (looks like it scales better?).