World of Warcraft: Current Year

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck it, boosting monk because it seems interesting. I'll figure out how to heal well as a Mistweaver just like I did with a Shaman and Druid in ages past.
You'll regret it. Monk is a great tank and dps, it used to be a very fun healer, but now, post patch 6.0, MW healing is retarded on more than one level, it's boring, clunky and overall underperforming (but that could be horrible post patch balancing), Uplift is a gigantic pile of shit, before you can AE heal you have to setup it in advance by spreading renewing mist (which is important to remind that spreads at random and has a short cooldown), Chi Brew has been changed from 2 to 1 charge of mana tea and the CD brought from 45s to 1 minute, thunder tea has been changed and it's now fundamentally useless, chi generation is equal to spamming Surging Mist and you can't melee anymore for chi without changing stance... yeah stance dancing, like vanilla warriors!

MW pre patch was probably still not an excellent healer compared to the powerhouses that were priests and paladins or put out the numbers of shamans and occasionally druids, but it was fun, really really fun, it felt like a modern healer, so to say. All they did was patching out the fun and leave the underperforming healer behind without nothing in exchange. They even removed castable Healing Spheres because of PvP (fucking PvP, again) and didn't rework the terrible, oh so terrible mastery.

It's not a matter of being able to keep people alive, any competent player with healer experience can do that on any of the classes, but there was absolutely no need to redesign the class so deeply (I guess they didn't like jab jab uplift or maybe a dev plays priests or was raped by a perv shaolin monk in RL, the fuck do I know?).

I ranted already about this, but it was a kick in the nuts and it's one of those things that I'll never understand, so I'll keep ranting if that's the same to you. Monk pre 6.0 was the perfect class to me: fun healing, fun dps, cool abilities, nice visuals but not overwhelming and superb tank, plus there was Roll that added mobility and increased the fun factor.

Now I don't even know if I still want to main it in WoD (I'm mainly a healer).

Neph_sl

shitlord
This is kinda cool:Times Square ad

B2KgwDiCUAIR1I9.png

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was the same way with my hunter, but I'm hoping they balance out the massive discrepancy in spec and that having 120 focus at 100 as marks will make the spec a little more fun for me. We shall see.

xzi

Mouthbreather
God, the Emperor rep grind is such aids. Just hit revered, going for exalted today. Guess I'll chain watch shows on netflix while the rest of my party does most of the work (I'm heals anyways w/e)

Vitality

HUSTLE
So I'm currently in the process of buying mass quantities of mop herbs under 1g/ea and milling them into inks to stockpile glyph components before the xpack drops and mop ink doesn't convert into the previous tier.

Have every glyph researched and about 100 of each ink so far. Will go for more tonight.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So I'm currently in the process of buying mass quantities of mop herbs under 1g/ea and milling them into inks to stockpile glyph components before the xpack drops and mop ink doesn't convert into the previous tier.
Sounds a good idea. I've got far too many pandaria inks in stock.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Was buying the Leather to max a leatherworker before the expansion dropped, but then realized I should just turn around and resell the bloated-price Borean leather/Savage Leather after I had cleared out the few cheap auctions. Feels like the Draenor Catch-up mechanic+pile of barns should be a significantly less shitty way to level it, albeit missing out on a day or three of work orders.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'm about to pre-order the game and get my 90 boost. I already have the toon I'm going to level first in WoD (warrior) and was wondering if I can save the boost to 90 until a little later in the xpac in case I'd rather play something else if a warrior nerf happens.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yes you can save it, you'll just see an icon beside your characters that are eligible until you want to use it

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You should definitely save it, because getting a character to 60 takes a small fraction of the time it takes to get two profs (+first aid) to 600. Don't waste it on a L1.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should definitely save it, because getting a character to 60 takes a small fraction of the time it takes to get two profs (+first aid) to 600. Don't waste it on a L1.
To give an idea of leveling speed I was playing a monk tank so I could queue tank in dungeons I was getting 11 levels per play session which was around 2-3 hours.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Unless I was reading incorrectly, getting professions to 600 is easy mode with the Draenor items that automatically boost it to that level. Shit that mobs drop or something.

Dragoon_sl

shitlord
Why do you neckbeards play such an easy game? WoW is for emotionally stunted Facebook users.

rrr_img_81993.jpg

This game is specifically designed for all intelligence levels to be able to get to max level and raid with the best of them.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unless I was reading incorrectly, getting professions to 600 is easy mode with the Draenor items that automatically boost it to that level. Shit that mobs drop or something.
Unless something just changed those items are quite rare.