World of Warcraft: Current Year

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, as a warlock I use sacrificial pact when I know I'm going to be taking damage. Works in raids too, while I'm in midair flying into the stands during kargath, I pop the shield so I can nab agro on some of the further ogres/bombers and not take damage. They tend to target the tank on kargath or Skrigg from the get go. Shield butcher's bounding cleave when I can, crystalline burst on Tectus etc.

For me it's about 110k shield on a 1 min cd (based on pet health if you have one or takes yours and creates a shield if not).

Also use shadowfury to AE stun packs (CMs, Kargath stadium etc).

Command demon for Terrorguard has an interrupt (went about 5-6 heroics before realizing this).

Soulstone can be reactively used on a dead target (no idea how long this has been true, always had to precast before).

Silence_sl

shitlord
Also a lot of DPS have some self heal abilities and if you have them if you are eating a lot of non avoidable damage take a second and use them. I do this on my boomkin a lot given it just costs one GCD to rejuve myself which if sprinkle those in during the fight I can keep myself pretty well topped off in 99% of content so healers don't have to worry about me or waste mana on me and it does not cut into my dps much.
Yeah. Another thing that DPS needs to do...stay as near to the healer as you can. If the healer is chasing you down, you are doing two things wrong...most of the time. People forget/don't know this, and it's just plain bad. Healers shouldn't be dancing around to do their job.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I am in healer mode my job is stay in range of the tank. If DPS are derping around and need heals you better come to me because I am not going to chase you down and risk the tanks life. Healers range is pretty huge so there is really very little reason for a DPS to be out of a healers range.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah. Another thing that DPS needs to do...stay as near to the healer as you can. If the healer is chasing you down, you are doing two things wrong...most of the time. People forget/don't know this, and it's just plain bad. Healers shouldn't be dancing around to do their job.
If my monk(Was Calphrick now I am Cinamonk) is out of healing range that means I rolled away on purpose and I am healing myself, if I spam flash heal on myself I can get back into the fight fairly quickly. Good healers tend to not chase DPS around unless fight is chaotic as fuck, still as a healer it is hard to ignore those low health bars in range or not.

Vitality

HUSTLE
As ret I always make sure to let the healer know that I've got my own heals unless it's a sustained damage mechanic. Instant cast FoL is too good. And in most pve encounters if I'm unable to keep myself up every 3 judgements I'm a fuckin noob.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The whole DDoS thing is a red herring, and a very bad one, at that.

What people have forgotten is the server responsive initiative that Blizz rolled out with 6. Blizz wanted server response to go from 400ms to 10ms...huge HUGE HUUUUGE difference...and one that took absolute balls of steel to roll out on a server wide basis. My jaw hit the floor when I realized that they not only wanted to do it, but started to do it.

The whole DDoS thing is only partially correct...it wasn't Russian cyber criminals that did it, but Blizz's own WoW client that was doing the DDoSing via sheer number of people wanting to play the game. Keep in mind, Blizz planned for less than two million returns. They got double that in the US alone.

Beyond that, they haven't given up on the new stuff, which means they have balls of steel.

Balls of steel.

I loved to call them idjits, but the reality is they are the opposite of that.
Silence can you clarify what you meant regarding the 400ms to 10ms?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't understand it either, considering it is a global game with central servers located at varying lengths for certain folks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He's talking aboutthis.

It was a great idea, but I tend to agree that it is probably contributing a lot to the server problems in WoD. I don't know for sure how well the responsiveness thing is working, but I do know that I haven't seen pings under 200ms from NY to Chicago in almost a month now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Interesting. I never knew they batched actions up like that. It makes sense but never realized it.

Vorph

@US Horde if anyone has Drov spawning on their server I need please, was on friends this AM but rolling restart got me before work. We have Talnra up on Hyjal if you need from a Drov server. Luxury#1795
Does this actually work? As far as I can tell every server is Tarlna this week.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Silence can you clarify what you meant regarding the 400ms to 10ms?
With patch 6, Blizz radically changed how the game responds to lag...by making action processes that once took an average of 400ms to complete to 10ms to complete. YOU on Comcast may not notice it because your connection from Comcast might be 200ms or 400ms or whatever, but Blizz's WoW servers always react in 10ms instead of the near half second delay we've gotten used to...400ms. The 400ms was always cloaked by predictive movement algorithms. With 10ms, they aren't needed.

Essentially, Wow's pulse went from 400ms to 10ms..which is a massive fuckton more data. WoW had 2mio more subs in NA than anticipated, so Blizz were literally DDoS'ing themselves.

Sure, Wow has a bag of baloney worth of problems, but the tech they rolled out takes balls of steel to do, and they've mostly pulled it off.

Vorph

Where does that leave Rukhmar? I can't seem to find any info about his spawn pattern. Rukhmar also drops 665 gear, instead of 650 like Tarlna and Drov, which makes me wonder if he will be held back to coincide with BRF's release.

As for cross-realming different regions, that's not allowed for open world stuff... or has that changed?

Radge_sl

shitlord
Where does that leave Rukhmar? I can't seem to find any info about his spawn pattern. Rukhmar also drops 665 gear, instead of 650 like Tarlna and Drov, which makes me wonder if he will be held back to coincide with BRF's release.

As for cross-realming different regions, that's not allowed for open world stuff... or has that changed?
Rukhmar doesn't spawn until the next raid opens up in a few weeks, at least according to Wowhead.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The Rerolled casual guild is now 5/7 in normal. Not too bad I must say.

We would be 6/7 but that fight needs you to stack magic damage and we had like 20 physical damage, 5 casters, and 5 healers.

sukik

I got an action shot of us on our second to last attempt, good times.

rrr_img_84094.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
Nice!
If you guys ever need a backup healer I'm down to hop in. Xzi#1212 is my battle tag. 640 ilvl

That said, I just finished the Auch CM daily and god damn this game is so easy when your tank isn't drooling all over himself and actually uses CDs