World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Random loot also has a tendency to drop for class/spec not actually present, and you have to deal with stupid shit like a bonus armor amulet dropping and the arms warrior and resto druid decide to roll against the DK tank. Personal is superior in every possible way.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Just did invasions for the first time today. Super fun and great to do with guildies. I really am finding the Garrison content and personal loot systems revitalize the game. Certainly our guild, comprised of many of the same people for nearly a decade, was a ghost town before the expansion and now its common to see 5-10 people on at once. Sure people came back for MoP but not to this same degree.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is Tanaan Jungle even open? Can I sploit into it to explore?
A few friends tried, using everything including, dual person mounts, heroic leap and gliders and to no avail yet. It seems like they just said 'fuck it' and put an invisible wall through the length of the universe there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I entered this expansion hating personal loot then last night I joined a group using need/greed. FUCK THAT SHIT

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
A few friends tried, using everything including, dual person mounts, heroic leap and gliders and to no avail yet. It seems like they just said 'fuck it' and put an invisible wall through the length of the universe there.
I used a few charges of my falling flame trying to get in, it is just invisible walled the whole way.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Personal loot sucks when there's only one or two items you need from all heroics. With personal, first the boss has to drop loot at all and then you have to get the piece you want. With group loot you get to skip the first roll and then probably get defaulted the item if it does drop because everyone else also only needs one thing.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Need Before Greed loot sucks when there's only one or two items you need from all heroics. With NBG, first the boss has to drop the right piece of loot and then you have to win the roll, or some other cunt will, just to DE it for mats. With Personal loot you get to skip the first roll (RNG on drop is going to RNG), and skip the second roll because you're guaranteed to get it if it drops. No fuckheads stealing your shit for the lulz.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Personal loot in raids can go suck a dick at the moment. Killed normal mode Kargath the first night on personal, had 1 person get gear with 20 of us in raid. That needs to be looked at imo. We originally thought that personal was the answer to our plate heavy line up. It doesn't appear to be so.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I always had decent luck with personal in a heroic 5 man group, but not so much in a raid - same situation as above, 20+ people with only 1 item dropping, sometimes NO items dropping. Screw that shit.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I stepped down from my mythic raiding guild (the crazy bastards are already 7/7 heroic) and decided to just casual raid it with friends instead, since I have a lot of rl commitments. No one really wanted to raid yesterday so I joined some pug guild group who started on the first boss heroic - kinda fun skipping the entire normal tier and going straight to tanking kargath. Took a while but managed to kill it and won a heroic bladefist + coined a tanking cloak. Madly surprised they actually gave me loot but they seemed like nice guys. Feel it's gonna be a fun raid tier, tried the sixth boss on normal mode as well (skipping all over the place) and the fights are very well done

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
let's make it so that 5-6 followers out of 20/25 are completely unusable for missions!"
At the same time that we incentive level 100 3-follower missions rather than level 99 1-follower ones.

Note that it simply means a slowdown in cooldown-capped resources. Missions take priority over 6 extra cooldown items, since your meaningful production is capped by Savage Blood acquisition anyway : you need 30 savage blood to fully improve an item, and that requires 350 cooldown resources. If you get a savage blood a day (which is my experience so far with the barn), you get the resources at nearly the same time without follower boni.

(note that I know the intent is effectively to have two pools of followers: those locked in buildings, and those on missions. Except you can't choose which ones will be best suited, and you can bet my Herbalist is going on that Highmaul Raid instead of tending some Gorgorond plants).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
LOL, Blizzard apparently nerfed upgrading mine/herb farm mid day - they now only pop new nodes instead of respawning the entire area. Thank God Blizz is on top of this, otherwise the overabundance of mats might devalue professions!
Upgrading herb garden never worked anyway. That's because it is the same building at all levels, you just had more herb crates pop instead of decorative pots. The mine, on the other hand, was a different location; you got a "Discovered: Lunarfall mine" message when entering your freshly upgraded mine.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just did invasions for the first time today. Super fun and great to do with guildies.
Friends are still grumbling about that Iron Horde invasion. 987pts engaging the boss, and no points for defeating him. I thought they were supposed to have hotfixed that.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Friends are still grumbling about that Iron Horde invasion. 987pts engaging the boss, and no points for defeating him. I thought they were supposed to have hotfixed that.
At least that is an improvement from killing absolutely everything and not breaking 600 points.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just did invasions for the first time today. Super fun and great to do with guildies. I really am finding the Garrison content and personal loot systems revitalize the game. Certainly our guild, comprised of many of the same people for nearly a decade, was a ghost town before the expansion and now its common to see 5-10 people on at once. Sure people came back for MoP but not to this same degree.
The invasion stuff is very fun. Good way to get gold is invite a balance druid. I tend to get crushed during the fights but starfall unglyphed is really amazingly good at wrangling huge swaths of stuff to keep things off buildings/NPC's. With a healer or a tank its pretty easy to get gold doing it but its frisky as hell and very possible to overpull and get smashed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of the latest news worry me, like :

God damn it Blizzard. If you want people playing Fury/Arms, just buff them, don't nerf Glad.

Bunch of retards. It's gonna be a pain to micro-manage. "I need to send this follower on a mission, but I have work orders queued and will lose on rewards if I do so" and so on...Especialy with the fact that high lvl missions are often 8+ hours long.
I think basically its going to mean you wind up devoting your people manning those buildings to just stick them in there and forget about them once you get them leveled to 100. They don't need to be blue or purple quality to give the max bonus so once they are 100 if that change goes in safest just to stick them in and leave them at least for your more critical buildings like barns.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is Tanaan jungle going to be a zone they open to us eventually? Or was it just for the intro crap and staying that way?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's marked Level 100 on the map, so I imagine it will be in a content patch.