World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
Some of the latest news worry me, like :

Lots of players are playing Gladiator Warrior because of how well it is doing, and will be toned down a bit.
Players gravitate towards the spec which deals the most damage, and Gladiator shouldn't be the answer for Warriors.
God damn it Blizzard. If you want people playing Fury/Arms, just buff them, don't nerf Glad.

Follower benefits are currently only taken into account when you collect your work orders. This will be changed in an upcoming patch so they must be present as work orders complete to get the bonus. We will be given notice before this change goes live.
A change will be made so that your followers can earn experience while working in your buildings.
There will be internal discussion about the number of high level garrison missions you receive.
The change to salvage crates was made not because they're worried about you leveling up your followers' item levels too quickly, but because they don't want you to feel like you need to keep a low level follower around to make proper use of your garrison.
Bunch of retards. It's gonna be a pain to micro-manage. "I need to send this follower on a mission, but I have work orders queued and will lose on rewards if I do so" and so on...Especialy with the fact that high lvl missions are often 8+ hours long.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Anyone got an addon suggestion that tracks where my gold income is coming from? I feel like I make 10k a day and I have no idea how.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Blizz has had that system where raid content cannibalizes everything else for a long time. The big joke is the lfr gear, it really shouldn't offer gear better than heroics warforged gear imho, and it should be blue, not that color matters anymore.

Personally I think having a system where all quest gear is green unless it is warforged, then its blue. And all heroic and raid gear premythic is blue unless warforged to epic. And myth is epic to leg. It just feels cooler to see the color upgrade than just the little green text and I think it would get people more excited about the items even tho it makes no actual difference.
They left a lot of the mechanics intact in LFR, meaning it's gonna be one giant clusterfuck. I don't see many LFR groups making it past Butcher since the dot still instakills at 5 stacks, even in LFR.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
That shit will be tuned pretty fast to make LFR completable. You know they have the metrics on "average completion rate" // "average completion time".

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Well, well
Blizzard_sl said:
We're looking at a minimum of 2 raid tiers this expansion, 3 is not out of the question. Ideally, raid tiers last at least 6 months each.
I guess one year (for last tier) is at least six months.
They'd like to reduce the time between raid tiers; 13 months was too long.
Oh, really?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Follower benefits are currently only taken into account when you collect your work orders. This will be changed in an upcoming patch so they must be present as work orders complete to get the bonus. We will be given notice before this change goes live.
Is there one retard working on the game who comes up with this shit? "Hurrrrrr, dungeons should go back to need/greed! Durrrrr, let's nerf salvage a few times this weekend! Oh, and it's not bad enough that professions waste a valuable trait slot, let's make it so that 5-6 followers out of 20/25 are completely unusable for missions!"

A change will be made so that your followers can earn experience while working in your buildings.
Uh, great? Except most people will already have them all at L100 to get the max bonus, and who gives a fuck if they ever reach epic if you can't actually use those followers for missions any more?

There will be internal discussion about the number of high level garrison missions you receive.
The change to salvage crates was made not because they're worried about you leveling up your followers' item levels too quickly, but because they don't want you to feel like you need to keep a low level follower around to make proper use of your garrison.
Ah yes, the same old thought process:
Beneficial shit -- "HOLY SHIT HOTFIX THAT RIGHT NOW. FUCK QA, JUST ROLL IT OUT ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!"
Broken shit -- "Let's talk about that and maybe get around to it in a month or two."

And yes, I realize I'm the dumbass for expecting things to be any different than the past ten years.

Anyone got an addon suggestion that tracks where my gold income is coming from? I feel like I make 10k a day and I have no idea how.
Accountantworks pretty well for that.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So I levelled up fishing to 700.. maybe because I'm green behind the ears a bit but it seems to be the most profitable of the "gathering" type.

Thinking of ditching herbalism altogether. Herbs at less than 1G each is not even worth your goddamn time since you have to walk everywhere.
11g each on the server you're about to transfer to.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Uh, great? Except most people will already have them all at L100 to get the max bonus, and who gives a fuck if they ever reach epic if you can't actually use those followers for missions any more?
I'm pretty sure having the right counters for a raid mission with epic drops is worth losing two or three war paints or whatever.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's just more stupid, unnecessary micromanagement. And I would be disinclined to use weapon/armor upgrades on my followers with profession traits anyway, so matching the counters is irrelevant if they are ilvl 600. With the old salvage system and a lot of no-lube assfucking by RNGesus my DK has gotten three followers to 630 and a few more to 615, in spite of the absurd amount of time I have played since release. With the new retarded version of salvage, and the bunker continuing to dole out nothing but scraps, I don't see myself doing any raid missions before xmas at the earliest. My alts are even further behind.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
This personal loot shit is annoying.....
rrr_img_84520.gif

Palum

what Suineg set it to
LOL, Blizzard apparently nerfed upgrading mine/herb farm mid day - they now only pop new nodes instead of respawning the entire area. Thank God Blizz is on top of this, otherwise the overabundance of mats might devalue professions!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vitality and whoever else I was in UBRS with, my internet shit itself so I didn't mean to ditch you guys.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Guaranteed a piece of loot for your class/spec from the last boss. How is that any different than the boss only dropping 1 piece of loot, where it might not roll for you, and if it does, some dickhead might ninja it

sebur

Bronze Squire
Yes because getting a small amount of gold most of the time in 5mans is so awesome. Instead of gear or Enchanting mats.
Instead of getting absolutely nothing? I don't remember getting a crazy amount of mats anyway untill I started doing guild only runs which I can still do if I really wanted to for the same effect if I want to change the loot around. Totally makes sense though to give you enchanting mats instead of people in the group upgrades....what gear are you missing out on?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The amount of gear that drops is way higher with personal loot. Bosses drop on average 2 items and the final boss drops 5, the group loot system is 1 and 3.